Anyone seen Godzilla final wars?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Anyone seen Godzilla final wars?

Postby heero yuy 95 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:38 pm

Has anyone seen it? for those who don't know, it's the final Godzilla movie. I just got for christmas on dvd. I haven't watched it yet, i'm going on a long trip and i'm saving it for that. But has anyone seen it? ever sisnce i was a little kid i've loved these movies. Yeah, they're super-corny, but that's part of their charm. I was also wondering why it was Pg-13, considering the last one was PG. I'm just wondering if it's any good and please, no spoilers.
'listen to me, Grel, these constant failures have been causing me to lose face, and if you keep it up i shan't spare yours!" -Khyron the Destroyer

"why throw away your life so recklessly!"
"that's a question you should be asking yourself, megatron."
-transformers the movie

http://starfoxman.deviantart.com/

^ My Manga!!! Check it out!
heero yuy 95

Postby Archan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:56 am

I'm replying because Godzilla ROCKS! He deserved bilions of replies, shame on you guys! Shame shame shame *Snorts out smoke ring from nose*

heero yuy 95:
First off...Hi! I am currently of envy for you because you own Final Wars, and I've been searching high and low for this flick! Seriously, why is it taking so long for this movie to be released offically here in the states. They popped out Tokyo SOS almost as soon as it high theatres but Final Wars is taking forever....GAH!

Anyways it's good to meet a fellow Kaiju fan (Spelling?), such numbers are few and rare from what I've observed here on EC, we are an endangered species amongst the general fan boy/girl population here, so we need to stick together! I am dying to see Final Wars, and I've talked to other people whom have seen it and say it's awesome.... I actually have a few FW figures hanging around my art desk, Cyborg Gigan, Monster X, the G-Man himself, and Keiser G (When you watch the movie, you'll know whom I speak of. I take pride in this figure too, it's very detailed, and as a sculpter I appreciate it even more).

Lemme know what you think, while I continue my search over in Cali for the ever elusive Godzilla...oh and it isn't the final movie, Toho will never let "The King" die, he'll probably go on a three year sabbatical and then come back kickin baby! Fun fact, Destroy All Monsters was suppose to be the last G-Movie as well, so was Godzilla Verses Destroyah, but he's more lasting then a Gundam fanchise, and older too :grin:

God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby creed4 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:25 pm

I haven't seen it yet, or bought it but it spose to be good G get to face everyone including the american wantabe
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:37 pm

Gojira... The longest running movie series in existance... Of course, Bond is close behind it, and will overtake it if this is indeed the last. Still, you have to give credit where credit is due... That's quite an undertaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby GundamGeek » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:53 pm

Yep, I've seen it! I saw it right after it came out in Japan (all in Japanese, and since I don't speak Japanese it was extra fun! :)) and I just saw it a few days ago dubbed into English. Well, I only saw part of it because the boys were watching it in the back seat on the way to Grandmas and I was in the front seat... But what would you like to know about it without me spoilerizing it for you? I'd be happy to answer any questions. I thought it was really quite good! Cheesy, like all the other movies, but like you said I think that adds to its charm somehow. It was good even without understanding any of the dialogue the first time around because every good monster who ever fought Godzilla comes back to fight. There are even some aliens thrown in for good measure!!

It has some decent effects (some Flying Tiger, Hidden Dragon / Matrixy kinds of stuff) and some very pretty people in supporting roles. (My Japanese friend said they are "ikkemen" or pretty faces, thrown in for good measure. :)) Though my copies didn't have any rating on them, it may have earned its PG13 because of the way the alien kills one guy (I don't want to spoil it if you don't want specifics) and there was some language in the English dub. And I don't know if standard martial arts kicking/punching/fighting deserves a 13, but there was plenty of that too. But I think you'll like it if you're even a slight Godzilla fan. Let us know what you think after you watch! :)

"Not all those who wander are lost." -- Strider/Tolkien
GundamGeek

Postby Tommy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:16 am

My favorite Godzilla movie:

The American made one with Matthew Broderick (Just be carefuly, I might call him Ferris by accident).

I bought Godzilla 2000 expecting it to be a sequel to the one in new york.

ewwwwwwww

How is Final Wars though?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby GundamGeek » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:16 am

Yep, even New York Godzilla makes an appearance! (Even though hard-core old school Godzilla fans would say he doesn't count, I'm glad he showed up too. :) Lots of stereotypical New Yorkers in that scene. ugh! ;))

One of the lead characters is an American. It was funny in the origianl since I couldn't understand anything that was being said, when this guy spoke, he spoke in English and it was subtitled in Japanese! Fun!! The audio on the new dub is not very good, though. It is reminiscent of everything Japanese monster movies are made fun of for... all the talking and yelling, but none of the sounds match the lip movements. :)

I do recommend Final Wars if you like Godzilla. It's a wonderfully cheesy wrap-up of all the movies since 1954.

"Not all those who wander are lost." -- Strider/Tolkien
GundamGeek

Postby Eastkun » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:13 pm

I saw it one time. It wasn't subbed though. It seemed to have a lot of action. I don't know anything about the story since I didn't understand a single thing they said. It seemed really good. lol
Banned by my own request.
Eastkun

Postby Myoti » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:14 pm

Haven't seen this one, though I noticed the DVD at Wally-world (Wal-Mart, for those that don't know...).
Actually, I haven't seen alot of the movies yet, but I do like monster battle stuff. Me thinks Gojira would make quite an interesting (good) anime, if they ever tried it (but it best not have anything to do with humans/kids taking control/becoming the monsters when danger arrives :p ).

Yep, even New York Godzilla makes an appearance!

What the heck? XD
Myoti

Postby Archan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:01 pm

Ah, there are more Gojira amongst the CAA populus...groovey.

I did like the American Godzilla, if it wasn't called Godzilla, I would have luved it. And I'm a huge Broderick fan, so I have torn feelings being I'm a die hard oldies fan as well.

I personally thought 2000 rocked, replacing all the wire missles and most of the model veichles with CG ones and decent compositing was a huge boost for me....and being it took more then three missles and two planes to kill Godzilla was a added plus as well. My fave movie out of the 2000 series has to be Godzilla X Mechagodzilla.

Fun fact, the director of the original Godzilla was actually a huge fan of King Kong when it first came out, and would have had the Godzilla monster done in stop-motion but budget forced them to go with a guy in a suit...hence kick-starting the Kaiju fan craze.

Anyways I'm still looking for Final Wars, for some reason California must be at the end of the shipping list, which doesn't make sense being other then Hawaii, were closest to Japan. Go fig.

Godzilla anime....hum, I think that would be kinda good if they kept it dark.
God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Return to General Entertainment