Indianapolis Colts

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby termyt » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:20 am

Whomever gets Jacksonville has the next best thing to a buy. They're no threat anymore, but they will back into the playoffs. The other team will have to play either SD or Pitt. That will be a contest.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby freerock1 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:27 am

Too bad to see the Colts go down, but it did show the threat that SD can be. The question now for SD is whether their inconsistency will keep them out of the playoffs. Same could be said for Washington.

I did hear an interesting thought on one of the sports talk shows... The possibility of Cincinnati hosting the AFC Championship against the Patriots, considering Corey's relationship with the Bengals organization his last few years in Cincy. We know how NE can seem to come out of the woodwork and be dangerous in the postseason. If NE would beat Indy (which is a definite possibility) and the Bengals can take care of business, that AFC matchup is quite possible.

(For the record, I'm a Bengals fan who is probably a little more sympathetic to Dillon than most. I know he had a reason for feeling the way he did, although the way he went about it was less than classy. But a lot of Bengals fans would feel avenged.)

And one more thing...

WHO DEY!
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby Stephen » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:12 pm

I just don't want NE to win the Superbowl. I would be happy if any team in the league did it but them. I hope Indy does it, but I won't be heartbroke if they don't.
Stephen

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:34 pm

We lose one game and suddenly its the apocalypse for the Colts.:eyeroll:

This ain't basketball, the worst of teams can beat the best at any time. Not that the Chargers are the worst just a general statement.

I really don't see New England coming back to do any damage to us anyway, if they make it that far that is.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Stephen » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:31 pm

I think you will eat those words. Just like the "its destiny" I do not like betting against the Patriots because they always seem to pull off the big wins. Let me say this, if the Colts do not win it this year....Peyton should just retire. Cause he chokes at all the big important moments.
Stephen

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:47 pm

lol, that packers game was funny but sad....GO BUCS! (just gotta beat saints(i think) and atlanta)

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby pillar_anime7 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:21 pm

I'm watching the last of the Monday night game between the Ravens and the Packers and the Pack is getting killed. As far the relationship between Corey Dillon and Cincinnati, why did he act the way he did? And why didn't Cincy let him go to the Evil Empire for a first-round pick instead of settling for a 2nd round pick, which they did? I think New England got the short end of that trade because this season, Dillon doesn't even have 1,000 yards rushing even though he did have a lucky year last season. As far as the possible New England-Jacksonville game, if Jacksonville gets off to a very strong start, which seems unlikely, the Pats don't have a chance. By the way, Kyle Boller and Adaleius (sp) Thomas were put on the horse trailer and the Ravens win 48-3.
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:00 pm

LOL Dillion had a lucky year? I can't stand the Pats...but your blind hate towards the team is sad. Dillion is a work-horse. *laughs* As much as I hate the Pats...I half want to see them win now because of the way some fans are acting. The very fact that you think Jacksonville can beat NE shows that your not even giving NE a fair chance. But thats ok. Its not like they have won the Superbowl recently....
Stephen

Postby freerock1 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:51 am

pillar_anime7 wrote:As far the relationship between Corey Dillon and Cincinnati, why did he act the way he did? And why didn't Cincy let him go to the Evil Empire for a first-round pick instead of settling for a 2nd round pick, which they did?

From what I understand, Corey's beef with the Bengals was mainly that he felt like he was working his butt off while owner Mike Brown didn't give a rat's rear about the team. Even after Marvin Lewis arrived with a determination to turn things around, Dillon still seemed skeptical and was rather vocal about not wanting to stay in Cincy. Marvin said later that the thing he regretted about the whole thing was that he couldn't convince Dillon to buy into his system.

As far as the trade, Dillon had a bad final year in Cincy, sitting a good deal of the year with injury. A lot of people saw Dillon as an old-timer who had seen better days, that the Bengals would maybe get a 3rd-round pick from. Of course he's shown them wrong in NE, except that he's seemed a bit injury-prone.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby pillar_anime7 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:04 am

As far as the whole New England thing, I'll drop it for now. Did you hear that on a local radio show last week, the guy talking was encouraging Lions fans to wear Bengal orange to that game against Cincinnati? Some of them actually did and had shirts and signs that said, "Fire Millen". In all my years of watching football, I've never seen a town act so negatively to their own football team.
Simple arithmetic:
FF7 + World War II games = overrated
freedom + things we're lucky to have = taken for granted
manga + anime = a very happy person
Salvation + Jesus' Sacrifice = Eternal Life
a village - its idiot = a lot of smart people
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:
"Who's more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Sometimes Justice is a (insert item here)!" - Kato Kaelin

"You wouldn't lie to a judge with a baseball bat, would you?" - Extreme Akim

"For as low as you go, ask God to take you that high." - Tyler Perry

"I had the right to remain silent...I just didn't have the ability." - Ron White

"Your trademark is stupidity!" - Mr. T

"Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"If you can't be good, be good at it." - my uncle
(more to come)

Shout-outs:
SaintKevin, Yahshua, and Lunis, you guys rock!; Pillar, Kutless, 12 Stones, Skillet, and Falling Up for rocking hard, and Jesus Christ for being my Rock! :rock:
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:09 am

Yeah, but how long have the Lions been bad? Change is good. If I was a Lions fan, I probably would want the guy fired too.
Stephen

Postby termyt » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:33 am

I have a friend in Detroit and that is a popular sentiment.

I have to agree.

I thought they were really on to something - it looked to me like their head coach - Mariucci - had really got something going in Detroit. He had only been coach for two and a half years and already the Lions weren't a joke anymore. Championship team? No, not yet, but they were improving. I can only figure it was some kind of personality conflict that led to his firing. I think the fans are just letting their opinion known – they liked Mariucci better than Millen.

I'd want Millen gone, too.
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby pillar_anime7 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:10 pm

Today I was watching NFL Total Access and I found out that Tony Dungy's son, James Dungy, had died. He was 18 years old and had allegedly committed suicide.
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

"I had the right to remain silent...I just didn't have the ability." - Ron White

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
SaintKevin, Yahshua, and Lunis, you guys rock!; Pillar, Kutless, 12 Stones, Skillet, and Falling Up for rocking hard, and Jesus Christ for being my Rock! :rock:
pillar_anime7

Postby termyt » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:24 am

I saw that this morning, too. My heart goes out to the Dungy family.
termyt

Postby Stephen » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:31 am

It has been on MSN.com's front page for 2 days now. It really is a shame. For now, the asst. coach/QB coach has stepped in. I am willing to bet though, by gametime this weekend he will be back at the helm. Still though, this makes you wonder what effect it might have on the club. Only time will tell I guess.
Stephen

Postby Yahshua » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:12 pm

Indianapolis Colts: 13
Seahawks: 28
Yahshua

Postby Stephen » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:06 pm

Heh. Amazing what the coaches son killing himself, and not using your starting QB the whole game will do to you.
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:11 pm

The regular season is over and the playoff teams have been determined.

In the AFC:

1. Indianapolis
2. Denver
3. Cincinnati
4. New England
5. Jacksonville
6. Pittsburgh

In the NFC:

1. Seattle
2. Chicago
3. Tampa Bay
4. N.Y. Giants
5. Carolina
6. Washington
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:35 pm

My calls for the first week of playoffs are as followed.

Tampa Bay over Washington by 7
New England over Jacksonville by 10

Carolina over New York by 6
Pitt over Cinn by 14
Stephen

Postby freerock1 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:50 pm

Ark wrote:Pitt over Cinn by 14

Hater :P

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:45 pm

No. Actaully I like the Bengals. I would love to see them win the Superbowl. I am just giving my picks.
Stephen

Postby glitch1501 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:57 am

go bucs! :)

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby pillar_anime7 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:23 pm

Did anyone see the Dolphins-Patriots game last Sunday? Late in the game, in case you missed it, Grandpappy Flutie dropkicked an extra point. As much as I can't stand the Pats, I was impressed by that feat. It's the first time since 1941 that a successful dropkick had been attempted. My hat's off to Peppaw Flutie.
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:17 pm

I saw that, and was pretty happy for Doug. He has had a long run, and I am glad to see him playing with a Superbowl calaber team right now.
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:28 pm

This game has just ended: TEXAS BEAT USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This will be talked about for years to come.
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
pillar_anime7

Postby freerock1 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:09 pm

Ark wrote:No. Actaully I like the Bengals. I would love to see them win the Superbowl. I am just giving my picks.

Ok then, I apologize.

But I do think it's going to be a good game regardless of who wins. I don't think the Bengals are going to lose by any 14 points.

[spoiler]...at least I hope not ]

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:32 am

Here are my picks for the Wild Card round:

I'm going with the Buccaneers over the Redskins, the Bengals over the Steelers, the Giants over the Panthers, and my upset pick, the Jaguars over the Patriots.
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
pillar_anime7

Postby termyt » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:29 pm

For my picks, just to be on the record, I'm going with Washington, Carolina, New England, and Pittsburgh.
termyt

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:13 pm

But I do think it's going to be a good game regardless of who wins. I don't think the Bengals are going to lose by any 14 points.

Sorry man. Looks like I was right. Final score, 31-17.

So now this is the playoffs from here.

This saturday, Washington goes to Seattle. And New England goes to Denver. Then Sunday, Pitt goes to Indy, and Carolina goes to Chicago. My picks?

I like Seattle over Washington in a real close game...I say, Seattle by 3. I like New England over Denver (I really hope I am wrong, I hate the Pats) I think NE will win a close game...by you guessed it, 3. I like Indy over Pitt in a high scoring shootout. Indy by 7. And I like Chicago over Carolina in another close one..by 7.
Stephen

Postby termyt » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:11 am

After getting all four games right last weekend, I feel like I should quit while I'm ahead, but what the hay.

The Redskins' six game streak is impressive, but there play this weekend was not. Seattle is probably the best team in the NFC and the only one capable of hanging with any of the four remaining AFC teams in a Super Bowl. I'm going with Seattle.

Denver is a pretty hot team right now, too, but it's hard to predict how a team will come off of a bye. Denver has won the last two meetings with the Patriots - both times at home. The Patriots know how to win playoff games, but everyone falls eventually. I like Denver in this match-up.

I don't think Chicago can rely on their earlier meeting with Carolina to be a road map on how to beat the Panthers for a second time this season. I really believe Chicago's been playing over their heads and have benefited from being in one of the worst divisions football has seen in years. Carolina will play Seattle for the NFC crown.

I believe the winner of the Colts-Steelers match up will win the Super Bowl. I'm a Steelers fan myself, so my feelings on this game are clouded by my fandom. It will definitely be an up hill climb for the Steelers to win this one, but they have all of the "intangibles" going for them - everyone's healthy, they are on an impressive hot streak, and Indy hasn't played a meaningful game in over a month - more than enough time to build up a little rust. Indy has a few things going for them as well - like Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. I still think my Steelers are just as good and can win this game.
termyt

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment