Indianapolis Colts

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Indianapolis Colts

Postby pillar_anime7 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:01 pm

The Colts will clinch the AFC South title and a first-round bye if they beat Jacksonville. If you're Tony Dungy, would you play your starters in three "meaningless" games or rest them for the playoffs?
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:32 pm

I think they should go for a perfect season. They have NO excuse not to win the Superbowl this year. The Pats D sucks...Cinn and Pitt are not threats. There is no reason the Colts should not win every game this year. If they do not win the Superbowl this year...they suck. *laughs* I am rooting for them, but lets be honost. There in a league of there own this year.
Stephen

Postby Arnobius » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 pm

I don't really have much passion for football, but it would be nice for them to go undefeated so we can stop hearing about how the '72 Dolphins were the best ever... ;)
Arnobius

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:51 pm

i think i have no idea what you guys are talking about. >.>

i dont like baseball..soccer..whatever. football. there we go. XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:26 am

Nice. I'm looking at it from both ends: One one hand, you would like to see them go undefeated and go into the history books as the best team in the history of the NFL and have the '72 Dolphins take a step back, but on the other end, you don't want to get your key players on offense or defense hurt by playing games that you could treat as preseason games, especially Peyton "D-CAF *stomp stomp* D-CAF *stomp stomp*" Manning because if he goes down between now and the Super Bowl, the Colts won't have a chance but they should play a series or two just to keep them from getting rusty. Also, the Colts will clinch home-field advantage with a win and a Broncos loss this Sunday.
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:29 am

I think the Colts would win the Superbowl without Manning. If they had to. Its not just Manning causing the team to win...try a defense that keeps teams from scoring much...and a nice running game. I don't see them slowing down till the Probowl. *laughs* They want that perfect record too bad.

Edit. Look at this. This year, there offense so far has scored 366 points. There defense has held teams to only 162 points. Look at Tenn last week as a good example, they held them to only 3 points. Thats not offense doing that.
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:37 pm

If it goes the way it really ought to go we should see the Seahawks versus the Colts in the Superbowl.Which if it DOES happen the Seahawks will ruin the Colts
so far perfect season.Seattle 51 Indianapolis 45.
mitsuki lover

Postby Mikomi » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:34 pm

chibiphonebooth wrote:i think i have no idea what you guys are talking about. >.>

i dont like baseball..soccer..whatever. football. there we go. XD

You're not alone. I know next to nothing about sports. Not to mention I practically live in Indianapolis and know nothing about the Colts...except that they wear blue and white. XD
Jesus is my light in this darkness. He is my hope.

Be still, and know that I am God. ~ Psalm 46:10~

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? ~Matthew 16:26~

~Proud member of SPAM (Some People Attempt Missions)~
Our Motto: We provide family-friendly semi-evil goodness, complete with evil pudding and pants!

When life hands you lemons, squeeze them in life's eyes.

Kagome: SIT!!!!
Inuyasha: Uhhhnnn!!! @_@
Miroku: That's right...BIG sit.

The Glomp Project (featuring Kakashi)
Mikomi

Postby Arnobius » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:57 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:If it goes the way it really ought to go we should see the Seahawks versus the Colts in the Superbowl.Which if it DOES happen the Seahawks will ruin the Colts
so far perfect season.Seattle 51 Indianapolis 45.

Next Topic: Do web forums cause delusions? :P ;)
Arnobius

Postby Stephen » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:43 pm

Seattle, beating Indy? BWAAAHAHHAHAHAH. The NFC has no real hope. Seattle would not beat Pitt, Cinn, Indy, or NE. I think a beat up NE would still take out Seattle. The NFC is just too weak right now. But don't worry, the Seahawks will watch the Superbowl from the same place my Raiders will. There couch.
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:53 pm

Ahhh, it's seems like yesterday when my Titans were a good team, we made a historic playoff moment (The Music City Miracle) and came up one yard short in the Super Bowl. Also, Steve McNair was co-MVP two years ago and came close to stopping what would become a Patriots dynasty in the playoffs.
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:01 pm

Heh. Wanna talk close? Try my Raiders. I was so excited when they made it to the Superbowl the year Gannon won the MVP. Then they got eaten alive by a horrifying defense. Sad moment...sad moment.
Stephen

Postby Yojimbo » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:44 pm

We have everything this year and everything going for us. Best quarterback, second best runningback (only statistacally, fine line there), best wide receiver, and next to the Bears strongest defense in the AFC. But then I don't really like to put a whole lot of stock in stats because you have to have the whole package to make it work, which we have.

But I don't care what anybody says it's destiny from here on. And we're going to get that perfect season. Our guys know how to take hits (ever seen Marvin Harrison injured?) there's no more risk in these last games then there is any other game we've played. We're probably going to play the Seahawks in the Superbowl and we're going to beat them. You can mark my words here.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Stephen » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:51 pm

Seahawks or Dallas on the NFC side I think. Dallas could be the NFC spoiler.
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:43 pm

The Colts beat Jacksonville by 8 today which mean they have the division and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They'll play San Diego, Arizona, and Seattle in their last three games. I do believe the Colts will achieve their perfect season, barring a sudden barrage of injuries or Arizona getting lucky. I see one of four NFC teams that the Colts may end up playing: Carolina, Chicago, Dallas, and I'm going out on a limb and saying the Giants. The reason I didn't list Seattle is because the 1998 Minnesota Vikings had a 15-1 regular season record and lost in the NFC championship to Atlanta. I see something similar happening to Seattle. Also, I don't see New England making it past Wild Card weekend even though they'll be playing at home so no three-peat in this lifetime anyway.
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:09 am

I think New England is getting stronger. Did you see there game today? With the exception of Brady being a little limped...there starting to get there injured players back. I think NE could easily go on the road, and knock off Cinn or Pitt. I think NE will end up playing Indy at some point...and that will end there run. As as I said...with the NFC...I think Dallas could be a big time spoiler. Drew Bledsoe is finnaly starting to show he is worth a darn.
Stephen

Postby termyt » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:54 am

Seattle may beat Indianapolis this week. If I were the Colts, I wouldn't roll over, but I would play a conservative game aimed at probing the Seahawks' strengths and weakneses. Figuring out how to play them now would be worth the loss if the two meet again in the Superbowl.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby pillar_anime7 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:23 pm

Actually, San Diego plays Indianapolis this week, but you do have a point about how the Colts will play that game, but the Seahawks will, more than likely, have already clinched home field advantage themselves before that game. Before the season started, my sleeper pick to win it all was the Kansas City Chiefs and they're still in the hunt for a playoff spot, but this is the Colts' year and no sleeper pick or dynasty can say otherwise.
pillar_anime7

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:08 pm

You're not alone. I know next to nothing about sports. Not to mention I practically live in Indianapolis and know nothing about the Colts...except that they wear blue and white. XD

YAY! XD sports= math = i will not understand one bit. XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:28 pm

Seattle already has the Divison clinched.Homgren's been down this road before with the Packers so he knows what to do.When they do go against the Colts it might be a rehearsal for the Superbowl.
The funny thing is the ever since the Seahawks were moved from the AFC to the NFC West not only as their play improved(they were at or near the bottom of the AFC West when the switch occured)but also it's been either them or the Rams who have won the Divison.What ever happened to the Niners?
mitsuki lover

Postby termyt » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:40 am

Part of Seattle's success is the over-all improvement of the team, but moving to the pathetic NFC didn't hurt. Of these teams: Jaquars, Steelers, Chiefs, and Chargers - only two will make it to the playoffs. Any of them would be dominating their division in the NFC.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:26 am

You have a point about those four teams. How disheartening would it be for your team to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs? New England won't have to worry about that because they clinched the AFC East with a win over Tampa Bay on Saturday. They've won 5 out of their last 6 mainly because of a weak schedule (only the Bucs had a winning record and they got shut out and the Jets were the only playoff team from last season that they beat in this stretch.) Also, the Broncos have clinched a playoff spot by beating Buffalo, which means no first-round bye for the Pats. Also, Tony Dungy is going to play his starters throughout the game against the Chargers.
pillar_anime7

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:55 am

I'd like to see the Colts and Broncos meet each other in the AFC Championship game (And that just might happen, given that they will be seeded 1 and 2 in the AFC if the Broncos win as many games as the Bengals down the stretch). They've met each other in the playoffs a couple times recently, and sorry to say, my Broncos have gotten killed every time. They really owe the Colts some payback. I think they have a shot at beating them in the playoffs, but everyone knows they are an underdog.

I stand by the fact that Indy is vincible, and as much as I'd like to see them go 16-0, I don't think they will. They'll do the smart thing and rest their starting players, and get beat by a team having a good week (probably the Seahawks). The Seahawks are a VERY good team, and I could easily see them in the Superbowl. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic. Peyton is the MAN. Really.

"Cut that meat! Cut that meat!"
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Stephen » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:43 am

New England has come alive. Not because of a week set of teams, (The Bucs have not been a pushover this season, and NE kicked there butts) But because there team is coming back from injuries. I think NE can be a legit contender despite not playing at home. I still think Indy can win this. But NE might be a threat.
Stephen

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:24 pm

Woot!!! 17 points in 6 minutes and 1 second! I said it was destiny.:)

EDIT: *sniff* there goes the perfect season. That's a tough record to beat, or rather tie with. Oh well it's the Super Bowl that's more important. Now we're rid of the distractions and can focus.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Stephen » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:45 pm

I am watching the game too. Man they were BAD the first half of this game. If they play like that in the playoffs...its over. There lucky SD choked so bad.

Scoobie>RUH RO. (Colts just gave up a big time fumble) Then the Colts get it back on an interception. I wouldent yell destiny yet...

Edit #2. There goes the perfect season...
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:17 pm

Even though the Colts lost, at home, I think that the loss will get the distraction of a perfect season out of the way. Their remaining two games are "meaningless", which means that Tony Dungy can rest his starters and maybe play Peyton a couple of series and bench him after the 1st quarter. I also can't believe that my Titans held their own against the best team in the NFC. We did lose, but this means we could be contenders again next season if we play our cards right in the offseason. Also, the Texans won a game for the first time in forever. I forgot one thing: Cincinnati won it's first division title in 15 years today.
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:06 pm

I really did not like what I saw today with the Colts. If they play that sloppy against NE in Indy...it will be a long day.
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:13 am

Obviously, today wasn't the Colts' best game. Even the best teams have off days. In the postseason, it will be business as usual as they go on to win the Super Bowl, and there's no guarantee that New England will even make it to Indianapolis even though their defense has been playing better. At this point, if the Colts don't make it to the Super Bowl, Cincinnati will. With Rex Grossman back in the lineup (he played a lot of the 2nd half against the Falcons) and having the #1 defense in the league, Chicago could spoil Seattle's Super Bowl run. The Seahawks have clinched a first-round bye and will probably get home field advantage if they win again next week. We'll just have to wait until the regular season is over until we can really make projections as to who is going all the way.
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:55 am

Ne will probably have to play Jacksonville in the first round. You seriously think they won't blow them out of the water? I see NE going into Indy. Which is gonna be a really interesting game.
Stephen

Next

Return to General Entertainment