any one seen king kong yet

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

any one seen king kong yet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:12 pm

So has any1 seen it yet ot not. I saw it today and i must say BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR (even tho i haven't seen chroniles of narnia yet) and also if u don't feel bad for king kong U HAVE NO HEART it was a pretty sad movie actually but these are my oppionins take em or leave em
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby The Last Bard » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:19 pm

Yeah, I saw it yesterday, and yes, it is a GREAT movie! Much better than the older ones by far!
The Last Bard

Postby Silent Hunter » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:22 pm

Sounds great! I'm gonna see it tommorrow night with my family for my dad's b-day.

[color=#000000]Me: "Hey, what's her last name?"

Brett: "Doesn't matter. It's going to change anyway."

Brett: "Why do they call it tourist season if you can't shoot them?"

[/color]
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Silent Hunter

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:03 pm

Sounds great! I'm gonna see it tommorrow night with my family for my dad's b-day.

yea it is great but be warned that the beginning is really pretty slow and they use GD (if u get my meaning) a good amount of times actually a bad amount of time but if language doesn't really bother you or ur family u will b in 4 the ride of ur life

GrubbTheFragger

Postby TrigunX89 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:26 pm

Planning on seeing it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it! Although it is difficult to sit down for a 3-hour movie... I hope it's worth it! It sounds like it is.
TrigunX89

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:59 am

yea it is diffenly worth the 3hr length (at least in my oppion)

GrubbTheFragger

Postby glitch1501 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:04 am

it was a good movie....but WAY to long...i found some parts to be dragged out and boring, but i still recommend seeing it

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:08 pm

The Last Bard wrote:Yeah, I saw it yesterday, and yes, it is a GREAT movie! Much better than the older ones by far!

I saw it myself, and I loved it. It is one of the best movies of the year but far, but is it right to compare it to the original? The 1933 version was an underbudgeted B-movie with a short production schedule, filmed during the same time as another movie on many of the same locations (to save production costs) using technology that was already aged by that time while this one is one of the most expensive movies ever made using state-of-the-art technology with all the time in the world to finish (relatively). It's like comparing a single apple to an orange grove.
bigsleepj

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:10 pm

it was a good movie....but WAY to long...i found some parts to be dragged out and boring, but i still recommend seeing it

yea i'll give u that it was kinda boring at the beginning when it is just getting to now the ppl in but it was kinda a needed thing cuz with out getting to now the ppl it would just be a bunch of no-ones going and chasing after a giant ape and also meeting some of the creepiest natives outside of resident evil 4

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:34 pm

Haha, Peter Jackson. An amazing director who doesn't know how to make a short movie. Ha, don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his stuff, he just needs to shorten some things! LOTR is one thing, with a long bookseries, but King Kong wasn't 3 hours in the 30's. XD

Anyways, to the topic. I haven't seen this one yet, for a few reasons.

~ My brother no longer works at the theater, so I can't get in for free. Boo. XD

~ I'm a little iffy on the idea that Fay Wray's character is all, you know, "in love" with Kong or something. I mean, she's supposed to be in love with the guy who's trying to save her (and who also happens to be human). ;) King Kong is the monster at whom she's screaming her lungs out the whole time, and suddenly she's in love with him? Hmmm....

~ I just haven't had the time, haha!

Anyways, if I ever do get around to seeing it, I'll let you guys know if my opinions change. ;)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. Rogers » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:42 pm

I saw it a few days ago. I liked it, but I probably wouldn't see it again. I agree, the beginning was a little slow, and there were some lame parts, I thought. There were some cool ones too, though. Overall, it was an alright movie.
Mr. Rogers

Postby Ingemar » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:48 pm

[quote="Radical Dreamer"]
~ I'm a little iffy on the idea that Fay Wray's character is all, you know, "in love" with Kong or something. I mean, she's supposed to be in love with the guy who's trying to save her (and who also happens to be human). ]
[spoiler]I think any woman would grow fond of a beast that kills at least 5 T-Rexs in order to save her.[/spoiler]
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby inkjet1987 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:58 pm

[quote="Radical Dreamer"]
~ I'm a little iffy on the idea that Fay Wray's character is all, you know, "in love" with Kong or something. I mean, she's supposed to be in love with the guy who's trying to save her (and who also happens to be human). ]

It's more like affection, really. Just like someone grows to love a dog or cat. I'm sure the fact that he saved her a bunch of times helped though.
inkjet1987

Postby wilson1112000 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:18 pm

The Last Bard wrote:Yeah, I saw it yesterday, and yes, it is a GREAT movie! Much better than the older ones by far!

Umm... I know I haven't seen the latest King Kong, and I know that the 80's movie was terrible ( A GUY IN A GURRILLA SUIT! YEASH!) But the first one, that was a movie that brought special effects to a new level! So, saying that it is better isn't very fair. It is probably good, heck, probably a LITTLE better, but not so much as the original. I mean, if it wasen't for the original, there wouldn't even BE a modern King Kong!
Praise the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might, for that is what we were created for.
----------------------------------------------------------------
We've got to speed things up in this hotel. Chef, if a guest orders a three-minute egg, give it to him in two minutes.
If he orders a two-minute egg, give it to him in one minute.
If he orders a one-minute egg, give him a chicken and let him work it out for himself.

Groucho in A Night in Casablanca (movie)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese Finger trap: noun 1. A puzzle that is supposed to test ones ability at problem solveing. or 2. The manifistation of Satan in a cardborad tube.

You decide.
wilson1112000

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:31 am

i think naomi watts and adrian brody did an AMAZING job with the acting, they were the best imho

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Souba » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:22 pm

No one has mentioned this, but there is a lot of using the Lord's name in vain in this movie. It made me so angry I thought about just walking out in hindsight I think I should have. Just a warning guys about that. Other than that still not a fan of King Kong, but Jackson has once again done amazing effects.
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Maledicte » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:49 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Haha, Peter Jackson. An amazing director who doesn't know how to make a short movie. Ha, don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his stuff, he just needs to shorten some things!

Actually, some of his earlier films--Heavenly Creatures and The Frighteners--were about 100 minutes each.

Personally, I had a great time. I hardly noticed the passage of time, and I liked how the story was set up to make you like and/or get to know the characters. Half of whom didn't show up for the finale. (not saying who or how though) Good acting all around.

Very well staged action sequences, and from what I heard before I thought it would be gory, but there was far less blood than what I had been led to believe. However some of the sequences were extremely impossible for any character to survive intact. For example, if Ann was getting jerked around so much by Kong her neck would have snapped.

CG was very much what I could expect, very good on all counts. The creatures looked real. However, in some shots Naomi Watts did not.

I didn't like the natives. They were too random and...stuff.

As for comparing it to the original film--please let's not make comparisons. The original will always have a special place in my heart for being a first-of-its-kind hammy horror film. This new one I like just as well for fleshing out the characters and the Kong/Annie relationship (which I believe is more of affection and friendship than actual "love", like with a devoted pet). And the leading lady screamed a lot less.
Maledicte

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:02 pm

Yeah. Fay Wray was driving me crazy with screaming every 2-3 seconds. Seems to me she couldn't grasp the fact that Kong wasn't gonna eat her after all.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:28 pm

SirThinks2Much wrote:Actually, some of his earlier films--Heavenly Creatures and The Frighteners--were about 100 minutes each.

Frighteners was Peter Jackson? I liked that movie... Oh, and it was only 100 minutes? I didn't realize that.. Same with Heavenly Creatures... That was a disurbing movie (I knew it was PJ, though... I saw the scene he was in, too)

I was a bit shocked when I went to the theater and asked how long it was... And my friend was complaining that Potter was too long at 2 and 1/2 hours... Please... (the same guy who owns all 3 extended LotR sets) Digressing...

Ok, well, I'm gonna have to see it soon... It'll be the last interesting movie (that I know of) until Silent Hill in April...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:05 am

No one has mentioned this, but there is a lot of using the Lord's name in vain in this movie. It made me so angry I thought about just walking out in hindsight I think I should have. Just a warning guys about that.

yea the language at the beginning is quite bad and i alreay posted warning ppl about it but thanks all the same

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Ichigo_89 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:08 pm

I didn't get emotional at over King Kong and her (I mean, how CAN you?! It's a big ape!!). Special effects and action scenes were AWESOME (fave part was the t-rex fights) The bugs scared the CRAP out of me and the natives were like...demon posessed. O_o;;

Hey, did anyone notice that the black guy's cabin boy is the same guy from that Green Day video? (Wake Me Up When September Ends) Just a random note there. If I'm wrong, then BOY am I wrong.

Zipo.
Ichigo_89

Postby Archan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:13 am

I LUV KONG!

It was soooooooo good, I luv this movie! As a huge Kong fanatic, I thought it was great, and Jackson did so groovey sneaking things in from reffrences to the old movie to original music, jokes, I caught nearly all of it. "Fay is busy making a picture with RKO" I think I was the only one whom caught that when I saw this movie admist my friends.

Oh, hey fun fact, the Bug sequence (Forgive me if this was already mentioned, I haven't read all the comments in this article.....) was actually part of the original, the scene had giant spiders that would come out to devour those fortunate (Or unfortunate) to survive the fall from the log, but was cut because it wasn't scary enough. Jackson also has a phobia of spiders, and did anyone notice alot of those bugs were giant Wetas?

Also, I luv that they used the original native costumes from the 1st Kong as part of the Broadway sequence.

And yes, I did get emotional when the big monkey fell....so sue me! Serkis is a good actor! (They used Serkis {the actor whom also played Gollum} facial expresion to act out Kong by using motion capture devices on key points on his face to activate pre-programed facial animation....too groovey!)

But I liked it all, the character development, the relationship between Ann Darrow and Kong (Which I think fell along the lines of Father/Daughter, especially when she lost her father figure in the begining of the film, you know the old guy whom moved back to where he came from...yeah that guy)....the dinosaurs (Especially the V-Rex fight)....all of it.

Alright I think I've written more then enough, *Runs off to climb Empire State building*

God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:32 am

It was a pretty good movie, but a bit long. They coulda cut some stuff out...

The scene with the giant bugs was pretty awesome.

Eh, I guess I should put this in spoilers, even though it's like, obvious:

[SPOILER=someone who dies]Oh, and WOW. The big burly black dude DIED. I didn't see THAT coming. THAT was a COMPLETE surprise! [/sarcasm]

Seriously...what is with Hollywood and that? As soon as I saw him, I said, "He's going to die. I know it." Ah well.[/SPOILER]

Like I said...good, just long.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Archan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:17 pm

kaemmerite wrote:It was a pretty good movie, but a bit long. They coulda cut some stuff out...

The scene with the giant bugs was pretty awesome.

Eh, I guess I should put this in spoilers, even though it's like, obvious:

[SPOILER=someone who dies]Oh, and WOW. The big burly black dude DIED. I didn't see THAT coming. THAT was a COMPLETE surprise! [/sarcasm]

Seriously...what is with Hollywood and that? As soon as I saw him, I said, "He's going to die. I know it." Ah well.[/SPOILER]

Like I said...good, just long.

*Laughs* Luv your spoiler.....too funny, and sadly true. Did you also know that in the end, Kong dies? :lol: Oh, sorry for anyone whom didn't know that, Bad Archan :hits_self

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:17 pm

The bugs scared the CRAP out of me and the natives were like...demon posessed

I absolutely agree, the bug sequence was creepy! The Kong insects made Shelob look downright fuzzy and cuddly. And pore Gollum got his head and limbs gnawed on by those nasty toothy worm things..

(eh..wait, is that a spoiler?)

And don't even get me started on the rabid native child *shudder*

But overall I really loved the movie, it's one of the best that I've seen in a while and I'm thinking I might see it again (I have a friend who's dino-crazy). I had a hard time keeping my voice down during some of the scenes, like the stampede sequence and the centipede bit, I kept gasping, hissing 'dude there's a massive carnivore BEHIND YOU!!!' and being grossed out over the overabundance of huge insects. It probably helps that I didn't have particularly high expectations, the trailer had hardly even piqued my interest initially.

But Kong was such a sweetie once he got over all the posturing and acting all territorial. The relationship between him and Ann was surprisingly touching, and I never really got a creepy vibe from it. They had a connection, in a platonic way. Kong went out of his way to protect her and she was one of the few people who managed to get over the initial screaming, running and shooting reaction that he tends to inspire.

I also didn't think that it was way too long. However, I'm also the weirdo that will willingly watch the entire extended LoTR trilogy, in a row, repetitively O_o

Ah yes, and I gotta admit. I was all teary eyed at the end, and I don't cry at movies, ever :sweat:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Archan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:08 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Ah yes, and I gotta admit. I was all teary eyed at the end, and I don't cry at movies, ever :sweat:

Alas, I'm not alone. Seriously, I didn't expect the character development between Ann and Kong to be that good...and it didn't creep me out to where I felt uncomfortable because I understood it was a father-daughter relationship Jackson was trying to play.

But yeah, that last scene was really good, really really good.

Anyone else here see all the Production Diary movies Jackson did for Kong, they're great for any "Movie Magic" buffs out there. I bought the whole set, I'm in heaven right now, so to speak :lol:

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Mega.EXE » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:26 am

great movie i didnt see the original so i cant compare this one to that one but it was really good i personally really liked :thumbsup:

oops i geuss i shouldnt have been reviving (even though im a mage)
Mega.EXE

Return to General Entertainment