Aslan knocks the socks of Harry!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Aslan knocks the socks of Harry!

Postby faithfighter » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:31 pm

Chronicles of Narnia had a record weekend, knocking Harry Potter 4 out of first place!!! :rock: :rock:
Go Aslan! :jump:
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Stephen » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:35 pm

This is really off topic of me. But are they going to make more Narnia films?
Stephen

Postby faithfighter » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:42 pm

they are suppose to if this one does well..I would say thats a yes!

I wonder what C.S Lewis would think if he was alive today...
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:52 pm

Go Aslan!

(Christina, have you seen it yet?)

Shatterheart, they've almost finished the Prince Caspian script and are thinking seriously of doing the movie for a December 2007 release.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Stephen » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:37 am

Nice. How many films? One for each of the books?
Stephen

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:42 am

I'm so glad that Narnia did so well. I'm not much of a HP fan, so its nice to see a movie I'm really looking forward to up at the top.

Plus, I'm also really, really happy about it because most of the film was shot in NZ and its director is a kiwi. There aren't that many films made over here but its nice to see that one of them did so well. :)

I hope they make movies of the entire series. Of course, I actually have to see the movie first, but from all I've seen its looking awesome so far. I aim to see it by the end of the week. (I don't know when it was released in the US but it only came out in the middle of last week over here). ^_^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Warrior4Christ » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:23 am

They are thinking very strongly of doing one for each book, yes. And I hope they actually do.
Why does Australia get the LWW so late?
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:27 am

The post above was actually me, sorry about that (forgot to clear cookies).
I'm taking my bro to see it, but I'm definetly the bigger Narnia fan.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby yukinon » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:38 am

It WAS a very good movie, and I think I'll like it more the more often I see it. It's hard for me to adjust to it being in movie form, and I'm a die-hard Lewis fan, so I'm hard to please. The ending was absolutely perfect, though.

It was good enough to get me involved, jumping and gasping and such, and I'm usually a rather passive movie watcher. (Though I did sleep through an hour of it the second time I saw it...)
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby TurkishMonky » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:20 am

the two movies i'm wondering about are the magician's nephew and the horse and his boy... they're the only two that have an entirely differnt cast of characters, so i wonder what the'll do with that....
TurkishMonky

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:30 am

faithfighter wrote:Chronicles of Narnia had a record weekend, knocking Harry Potter 4 out of first place!!! :rock: :rock:
Go Aslan! :jump:

Um, you do realize that Goblet of Fire has been in theaters for a month, right? It would have been absolutely absurd if any film which premiered four weeks ago could maintain the number one spot against any film with as big a fan following and promotional campaign as Narnia, even if it is Harry Potter.

If we must compare the two films and their fiscal success, we have to do it in parallel time sequences, like:

Opening Day for Narnia: $23,006,856

Opening Day for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: $40,118,363

Being a fan of both of the films, it makes me sad to see one being praised for knocking the other one down the box office chart, but, if we must do it, lets try to be fair.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Nate » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:23 am

PARALLEL TIME SEQUENCE'D!

"Ow, my perception of the fourth dimension!"

Er, yeah, anyway... >.>;;

Looking forward to what they do with the other films...The Magician's Nephew is by far my favorite of the series, but I also like Voyage of the Dawn Treader if for no other reason than it introduces my favorite character, Reepicheep.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Stephen » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:43 am

I heard that Narnia hit 60 somthing million. What was that though, opening week?
Stephen

Postby Nate » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:03 am

Yeah, that was over the opening weekend. It grossed $65,556,312.

And even then it STILL loses to Harry Potter, as Harry Potter earned $102,685,961 in its opening weekend.

So...there ya go.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby yukinon » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:46 am

~ignoring Harry Potter completely and forever~

Wasn't Reepicheep in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe? Not in the movie, but I'm pretty sure he was in the book.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Taka » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:48 am

Mh, I think he made his appearance later in the books... not exactaily sure which.
And I'll stop this pretending that I can
Somehow deserve what I already have
I need You to love me
Barlow Girl
Taka

Postby TurkishMonky » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:14 pm

no reepicheep was in "prince caspian" to begin with.
TurkishMonky

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:32 pm

I say steal Daniel Radcliffe away from the Harry Potter movies and have him play the young Digory in The Magician's Nephew!
To be more serious though,the one novel of C.S.Lewis I wish they would truely turn into a movie is That Hideous Strength.It would make a great Halloween film.
mitsuki lover

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:12 pm

I am glad that the first Narnia film did well, primarily because that indicates there may be others. Still, I must wonder how many they'll make. Prince Caspian would easily make a sequel, but after that the books start phasing out the characters. The three I think we are least likely to see movie versions of:
The Horse and His Boy - for being so separated from the rest of the series
The Magician's Nephew - for being a prequel (and also more religious in nature)
The Last Battle - for being too depressing for modern audiences
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:06 pm

TurkishMonky wrote:no reepicheep was in "prince caspian" to begin with.

Technically, I believe Reepicheep (sp?) was in LWW to begin with, but they don't call him by name... He was one of the rats that, well, you know... Er, I mean mice... That did that big thing, you know... The big part of the movie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:04 pm

No, Reepicheep wasn't in the LWW, those mice that bit away Aslan's ropes were his ancestors. When the children return to Narnia a couple hundred years have passed and even in Narnia mice don't have that kind of life-span.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Kurama » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:55 pm

My mom was crying at the part where Aslan was being beat up...but I knew why she felt that was! it was so acurate to the book! I was shocked quite franckly I loved this better than Lord Of the Rings! ^^
Kurama

Postby Sakura15 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:18 pm

I love the movie!! ^^

the two movies i'm wondering about are the magician's nephew and the horse and his boy... they're the only two that have an entirely differnt cast of characters, so i wonder what the'll do with that....

Thats what im wondering too, are they just going to skip them? or do them later?
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:23 pm

Well, I doubt C.S. Lewis would have a problem with J.K. Rowling. He'd probably even defend her! EEP! Oh and I'd like to see Hamtaro's American VA do Reepicheep. I think that'd work.
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:47 pm

rocklobster wrote:Well, I doubt C.S. Lewis would have a problem with J.K. Rowling. He'd probably even defend her!

Hm, that's an interesting statement. I can't say I've read enough of Lewis's views on literature to be able to give any significant comment, but I am now curious as to what his views would be.
uc pseudonym

Postby LostChild » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:46 pm

I'm sure he would have a problem. Last time I knew, Rowling is/ was a practicing 'witch' while Lewis was steadfast Christian.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby soul alive » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:19 pm

I thought the movie was very well done, and can't wait to see the others.

Really, I would be one incredibly happy camper if they did all 7, but I could see why they might not do some. *sigh* I'm really hoping that the movies prior to those that might not be done will be successful enough, and that fans will make a big enough fuss that Magician's Nephew, Horse and His Boy, and Last Battle will be made... really hoping.

My favorites are Voyage of the Dawn Treader and Horse and His Boy.

And it would be very interesting to hear Lewis's opinion on Rowling's work.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:34 pm

LostChild wrote:I'm sure he would have a problem. Last time I knew, Rowling is/ was a practicing 'witch' while Lewis was steadfast Christian.

Oh dear, I hate that stupid chainmail... As far as I know that is a blatant lie. However, she did do some research into cultish stuff, for things like the wood their wands.

This is, however, completely irrelevant. Let's not get into that overdone debate.

I LOVED both LWW and HP, so I don't especially care which one got more money. I really really hope they do all the movies. The Dawn Treader was my favorite. I must have read it more than 50 times when I was little.
I remember the Horse and his Boy being incredibly boring though. Maybe I just didn't understand it.
Kawaiikneko

Postby soul alive » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:57 pm

I think Horse and His Boy might be found boring because it has a lot of storytelling/recalling events by the characters rather than actually 'seeing' said events in 'real-time.' I always loved the book because of the horses, especially Bree, and the last section of the book with the battle is pretty exciting.

And like I said, I would love to see it as a movie, but the scripters would have to be careful with all of the storytelling, because if that gets messed up... pretty much the whole movie is messed up, imo.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Kaede » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:05 pm

Frankly I thought that this movie was going to be really cheesy, but I ended up liking it more than LOTR haha.

*Yay! They must make more Narnia movies :3*
Kaede

Next

Return to General Entertainment