NOT your average FF7AC thread

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

NOT your average FF7AC thread

Postby BigZam » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:34 am

was anybody else dissapointed by how this movie turned out? those who saw it of course ;)
gone for good...
BigZam

Postby starwarsboy90 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:49 am

Not really. It was somewhat good and continued the arc of FF7. [spoiler]The fight between Cloud and Sephiroth was pretty awesome.[/spoiler]
starwarsboy90

Postby c_hunter » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:53 am

nah, only one thing is it was pretty short, i was surprised that it was already ending when i watched it. but overall, it was a great movie, by Square-Enix, does anyone of you think that if it was the Squaresoft who made FFVII: AC, do you think it would be much longer?
God has a plan for each of us
He wants us to fullfill
And He'll provide the strength we need
To carry out His will.

God bless.. :jump:
c_hunter

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:12 am

i liked it, it was too short though, and not enough character development of kadaj, loz, and yazoo

the was visually amazing, and i loved all of the returning characters

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Kaori » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:31 am

I didn't expect Advent Children to have a stunningly complex plot or character development, so I wasn't disappointed in it. I simply watched the movie for what it was--a chance to see all the characters again and to enjoy the beautiful CGI. [spoiler]My only real disappointment was that Sephiroth's appearance was so short.[/spoiler]
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:16 am

The only dissapointment I found with it, was not enough of the other characters! And Red XIII only got ONE LINE!!! Grr... either than those things it was good^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:36 am

i liked it ... but then again, i almost always like movies that are really well animated..and everyone just looked so cool. *o* and the badguys were awsome. *o*/

but it was really short, and i was dissapointed.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Stephen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:04 pm

The only dissapointment I found with it, was not enough of the other characters! And Red XIII only got ONE LINE!!! Grr... either than those things it was good^^

Heh. Those of us who dident like his character very much...then got the trash ending that FF7 had...well, we had already seen enough RedXIII. ;)
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:11 pm

Please keep spoilers to a minimum, as some people who have not seen the film will likely read this thread. This includes myself; I wasn't aware it was even possible to view the movie in America as of yet. I have added spoiler tags for a certain detail, though it may not have been terribly necessary.
uc pseudonym

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:26 pm

[quote="uc pseudonym"]Please keep spoilers to a minimum, as some people who have not seen the film will likely read this thread. This includes myself]

It isn't except for torrents.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby TrigunX89 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:51 pm

I thought it was good. I was so hyped about the movie, and it did not disappoint me. I will definately pick up the DVD when it comes out. If I had to make one complaint, I would say...

[spoiler]The fight with Bahamut seemed just a little too unbelieveable.[/spoiler]
TrigunX89

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:37 am

I liked it. I was not aware of any hype (because I had been living under a rock), just picked it up from the store. My version also came with the cartoon prequel called "The Last Order". I like AC better as it was longer. Found the fighting too fast for me to keep up though. Would have liked to see some moves in more detail. Need to use the pause button. LOL. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Myoti » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:29 am

TrigunX89, about your spoiler:
[SPOILER]Wasn't the whole movie a bit unbelieavable? I mean, Cloud was nearly FLYING during his fight with Sephy. :P [/SPOILER]

I still gotta get this when it comes (even though I already saw it).
Myoti

Postby TrigunX89 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:27 am

Myoti wrote:TrigunX89, about your spoiler:
[SPOILER]Wasn't the whole movie a bit unbelieavable? I mean, Cloud was nearly FLYING during his fight with Sephy. :P [/SPOILER]

I still gotta get this when it comes (even though I already saw it).

Lol okay, okay. That is very true. I guess I just would've done without some of the flying and stuff. Still, it's a great movie, and I will buy it as soon as the North American DVD comes out. :sweat::thumbsup:
TrigunX89

Postby c_hunter » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:17 am

Hey guys, do you think if it was still SquareSoft that made FFVII:AC, do you think it would be more longer and nicer? thanks
He wants us to fullfill
To carry out His will.

c_hunter

Postby Tommy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:45 am

Squaresoft did make it, just with Enix`s help. Square and Enix may have merged but that doesn`t mean they instantly become braindead on how to make a cultic project. It`s just a coincidence that they`re projects have stunk after the merge.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby TrigunX89 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:01 pm

Yeah, and I thought they did a pretty great job with the movie, too.
TrigunX89

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:08 pm

I've already posted my thoughts at length in the other long Advent Children thread. I thought it was awesome in the animation area, the fights, and of course it was cool to see FF7 characters again. But it was really weak in the story area, they didn't explain alot of things brought up, had some irrelevant points in the plot, and some things just plain didn't make sense.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby TrigunX89 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:12 am

True. Like who exactly were the 3 Sephy look-a-likes? For the general story, I guess it's assumed that you have already played through the game. It may be difficult for newbies to get into, but on the other hand, as I said somewhere else, I showed it to a friend who had never played the game and he thought it was great.
TrigunX89

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:34 am

Thanks to a friend, I have now seen Advent Children. Somewhat similarly to Kaori, I did not go in with high expectations in many categories, and thus I was not disappointed. Thus, my reactions are those of a basic fan, not an extensive critique.

[spoiler=Advent Children]I can say that I really enjoyed the battles, for the most part. However, most of those involving Cloud had some flaws. The most basic is that all 3 Sephiroth-clones (the only name I remember is Kadej) look very much the same, and Cloud is also wearing similar clothing. When there are ariel fights in which everyone is spinning (which the director was apparently very fond of) it is easy to lose track of who is who. This lessens enjoyment of otherwise good fight sequences somewhat.

Also, the end of the Bahamut fight... I had been enjoying it until then, but I didn't like the method of finishing it. Making it so dramatic would have made sense if it was the end of the movie, but in actuality it was only the first of Kadej's summons. Furthermore, I couldn't help but drop my suspension of disbelief before some of the physics involved.

Those are fairly minor, however. My biggest complaint is that the movie was so focused on Cloud. He does everything of any importance. Considering that they have numerous other characters (who fans would love to see), they didn't need to have him be the focus of every single stage of the plot. They handled conservation of character very poorly.

Had I been the director, I would have had the movie end with four simultaneous fights: two versus the Sephiroth-clones, some characters versus a summon/monsters, and Cloud versus Sephiroth. In the end it would boil down to the last of those, of course, but at least all the other characters wouldn't need to just leave. On a similar note, I didn't like that they brought back the two Sephiroth-clones... why? Perhaps so that Cloud is the one to defeat every single opponent in the entire movie.

Random note: having the victory music on someone's cell phone was a great touch. It was the only time I laughed during the film.

Overall, that seems like a pretty negative review. Allow me to reiterate that I very much enjoyed the movie, and rewatched parts of it immediately after my first viewing. The fight in the forest was probably my favorite scene overall.[/spoiler]
uc pseudonym

Postby c_hunter » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:43 pm

I think you'll understand the story better if you have played the game. (",)
He wants us to fullfill
To carry out His will.

c_hunter

Postby TrigunX89 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:25 pm

UC, you should be the director. The movie would have been better. ^_^d
TrigunX89

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:06 pm

c_hunter wrote:I think you'll understand the story better if you have played the game. (",)

Assuming this is addressed to me, my problem with the story was that it was too easy to understand, not too difficult. Now, to add more value to this post, a fairly random thought about the movie.
[spoiler]The last fight during the motorcycle chase became almost ludicrous after a while. Everyone seemed incapable of landing anywhere but on their motorcycles. Even when physically struck in midair.

Thus, when Cloud and Sephiroth getting bashed around during their fight scene, I couldn't help but think it would have been hilarious if one of them had been knocked through the floor... and landed on a moving motorcycle.[/spoiler]
uc pseudonym

Postby Tommy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:24 pm

UC, hoe can you have a Sephiroth avatar nadn ot have played FF7?!
Tommy

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:21 am

That would be a matter of these things called ".gifs" and "image searches." Mayhaps you've heard of them?

But I have played Final Fantasy VII. I've merely never owned a Playstation and beaten it in one continuous game.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tommy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:08 pm

Oh, well I have beatemn in threde times to get the best understanding of the plot but......

I STILL HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE!
Tommy

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:05 pm

I really loved the movie, my only complaint being:

[spoiler="click here"]The fight with Sephiroth was ended too quickly. True, he only had one of his "spirits" to act through, but still! Cloud was getting all beat around and suddenly BOOM he gets Sephiroth T_T And yes, I know it was an Overdrive. Sephi shouldn't have been so arrogant and should have just killed Cloud that one time when he had the chance. Also, I think that Sephiroth moved kinda strangely and jerkily when her was fighting Cloud.. it didn't look as natural as the rest of the movie.

On the topic of Overdrives, the "physics defying" Bahemut kill was an overdrive. I enjoyed seeing many of the overdrives from the game in action, especially Tifa's fight! And seeing the materia was cool too XD

Let's see, what else... I'm glad Aeris didn't come back/resurrect. That would've been cliched.
And I agree UC, the victory music cell phone was hilarious. I also thought it was funny when Marlene is like *gasp* "You don't have a cell phone?" to Vincent and later he asks Tifa where he can get one XD[/spoiler]

I found this great analysis article of the movie and FF7 that explained alot of the stuff, especially the unmentioned things that came out in a sorta FF7 novel in Japan. Hang on let me get that... http://faqs.ign.com/articles/657/657331p1.html
Here you go. Every possible question answered.
Kawaiikneko

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:14 am

I will read that article. Perhaps I'll have further comments based on it later.

Kawaiikneko wrote:On the topic of Overdrives, the "physics defying" Bahemut kill was an overdrive. I enjoyed seeing many of the overdrives from the game in action, especially Tifa's fight! And seeing the materia was cool too XD

It has been too long since I played Final Fantasy VII]That final blow against Bahamut was a Limit Break? I have no real memory of it. I did definitely recognize the Omnislash when it was used.[/spoiler]
uc pseudonym

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:49 am

Wow, that is one crazy article. Thanks!
Aka-chan

Postby starwarsboy90 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:18 am

You got the OAV, The Last Order, it was a pretty good Prequel, I have to admit!
starwarsboy90

Next

Return to General Entertainment