Best Christmas movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby GundamGeek » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:07 pm

It's just not Christmas until we watch "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. Some seriously great singing and dancing in that oldie but goodie. (Bing and Danny doing the "Sisters" number is great stuff! :))

In the same "not Christmas until we watch" category would have to be Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (old animated version, please).

Our current favorite is "Bernard and The Genie"... fantastic stuff if you like British humor. :)

"Not all those who wander are lost." -- Strider/Tolkien
GundamGeek

Postby Stephen » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:26 pm

Moved to the movie board.
Stephen

Postby meboeck » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:35 pm

GundamGeek wrote:It's just not Christmas until we watch "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. Some seriously great singing and dancing in that oldie but goodie. (Bing and Danny doing the "Sisters" number is great stuff! :))

How could I forget about that one? That scene is hilarious. The other day, my family was talking about going on vacation at Christmas, and my mom said, "I hear Vermont's nice this time of year.... Then we started singing "Snow, Snow Snow." That movie is definitely a classic.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Zilch » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:12 pm

Muppets Christmas Carol
The original Grinch
It's A Wonderful Life(great for watching on Christmas Eve when you get all tired so you can actually sleep until 6 or so. yeah, I 'm still a little kid ;p)
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Stephen » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:46 pm

I love the original Frosty movie. That, and Rudolph. Good classic stuff.
Stephen

Postby Godly Paladin » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:50 pm

Jingle All the Way, of course. "That package was a bomb? This is a sick world we live in, fulla sick people!"
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:44 pm

Gasp!

~ A Charlie Brown Christmas (BEST Peanuts Cartoon EVER. :D)
~ It's a Wonderful Life (Classic)
~ A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott version pwns all)
~ White Christmas ("Mutual, I'm sure!")
~ Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Where Bumbles bounce, elves named Herbie want to be dentists, and claymation is the best form of animation on earth. XD)
~ Elf (A newer favorite of mine. HILARIOUS. One of Will Ferrell's best. And the allusions to Rudolph and the old claymation titles are GREAT.)

Godly Paladin wrote:Jingle All the Way, of course. "That package was a bomb? This is a sick world we live in, fulla sick people!"

Hahahah! That's my FAVORITE line from that movie!

EDIT: Oooh, and I forgot to add How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Non-Carrey version)! Dr. Seuss is the best.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sakura15 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:27 pm

Godly Paladin wrote:Jingle All the Way, of course. "That package was a bomb? This is a sick world we live in, fulla sick people!"

Lol! I love that movie.

Also,

Miracle on 34th street (either one)
The santa clause
Home alone (1 and 2)
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby yukinon » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:12 pm

The original Grinch, no contest. It's not Christmas without the Grinch on Christmas Eve. I can quote every line. EVERY line.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Maledicte » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:54 pm

The Muppet Christmas Carol. Probably because it's the only Christmas movie I own.

Bob:"The bookkeeping staff would like to have some more coal shoveled on the fire."
Staff:"The assets are freezing!"
Scrooge:"How would the bookkeepers like to be suddenly...UNEMPLOYED!?"
Staff:"HEAT WAVE! Oy! This is my island in de sun..."
Maledicte

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:08 am

One of my favorite Christmas movies of all time is Jimmy Stewart movie (No, not "It's a Wonderful Life." XD) called "Shop Around the Corner." Actually, it's the movie that "You've got mail" was based on. It's a very sweet movie that I bet all of you, especially Jimmy Stewart fans, would like a lot.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby yukinon » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:00 pm

That's a Christmas movie?

I've heard about it, but never seen it.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Lady Macbeth » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:07 pm

I'm not so cultured...my favorite Christmas movie is "Mickey's Christmas Carol". :hits_self
Toto, I don't think we're in Oz anymore...

I'm a woman - when I'm lost, I ask for directions.

Genjyo Sanzo: Banishing Stupidity, One Idiot at a Time
Lady Macbeth

Postby shooraijin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:04 pm

Oooh. Haven't seen that one in ages.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Lady Macbeth » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:26 pm

I used to watch it every year, but that's because I have it recorded to VHS. Sadly, my VHS of it has about worn out, so it's not very watchable anymore, and I can't find it on DVD anywhere. :sniffle:
Toto, I don't think we're in Oz anymore...

I'm a woman - when I'm lost, I ask for directions.

Genjyo Sanzo: Banishing Stupidity, One Idiot at a Time
Lady Macbeth

Postby Taka » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:50 am

GAH! YES the shop around the corner! how could I forget that one!? have you seen the new one??? i haven't, i'm curious about it...
And I'll stop this pretending that I can
Somehow deserve what I already have
I need You to love me
Barlow Girl
Taka

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:33 am

yukinon wrote:That's a Christmas movie?

I've heard about it, but never seen it.

It is a Christmas movie, and it's a very good Christmas movie at that.

And, I have seen the new one. It was good, but Tom Hanks just isn't Jimmy Stewart. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby rocklobster » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:09 pm

Lady Macbeth wrote:I used to watch it every year, but that's because I have it recorded to VHS. Sadly, my VHS of it has about worn out, so it's not very watchable anymore, and I can't find it on DVD anywhere.

Yeah. I can name just about every character that had a cameo. Even some characters from Wind in the Willows showed up! They were peddling charity. And the weasels were grave-diggers!
rocklobster

Previous

Return to General Entertainment