Pulse: Another Japanese Horror remake???

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Pulse: Another Japanese Horror remake???

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:38 pm

I saw some clips from a Japanese Horror movie, Pulse, a year or so ago. It looked really cool, but I never got the chance to check it out. When I was watching Aeon Flux, they showed a trailer... The plot they were laying out seemed a bit stupid, but I noticed something familiar... A person jumping off a tower... That shot seemed very familiar. Then I thought, it's sorta a techno ghost story... I said, rather loudly, "This is pulse, isn't it..."

What is with remaking all these Japanese horror movies? The two ring movies and Ju-on, I'm sure there were more... If people like these movies, they should just watch the originals... Maybe if they tend to like movies that were remade from Japanese Horror movies, they should watch those movies instead of Remakes that have "familiar" actors that speak english doing something that has allready been done before?

It's not just Japanese Horror... There was "Shall We Dansu", "Nikita", and "Abre Los Ojos" that all got remade almost identically to the originals, except for stripping of important cultural details and trying to "upgrade" it... "Shall We Dance", (I forgot what Nikita was remade into), and "Vanilla Sky"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:51 pm

Probably because they can and don't think Western people will enjoy/understand the originals. That's my thinking anyway. I don't enjoy those sort of movies but I've seen the original Grudge and it was freaky with a capital F! The Japanese know how to create scary tension and atmosphere without resorting to blood drenching.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to General Entertainment