Passion Conference 06

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Passion Conference 06

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:45 pm

Anyone going to this? For those who don't know, it's somewhat like a youth rally for college students. I went last year and it was so awesome! I am defiantely going agian. It is indescribably encouraging to be around 11,000 other believers who are more or less your age. Last year, I got to meet a girl from Columbia, SC and some guys from Rutgers in NJ. There were even students from South Korea and Africa. Here is a snippet form an article for this coming year, which is pretty much what happened last year.
Leading worship at Passion ’06 will be some of today’s best selling Christian artists including The David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Shane & Shane, Charlie Hall, Nathan and Christy Nockels, and others. Scheduled speakers for the event include John Piper, Beth Moore, and Passion founder Louie Giglio.
It's early to ask but since I'll be signing up soon I guess anyone else would be, too.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:14 pm

Where is it?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:48 am

Oh, I did not say because I thought anyone who was going would know. Pardon me. It's in Nashville, TN. We virtually take over the city because there are so many things going on. Last year, my sub-group of about 800 meet in RocketTown, Michael W. Smith's studio, and one of the guys from Shane and Shane led worship.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:57 pm

I'm 99% sure I'm going. If I do end up going, I'm going to PM you and we simply must meet up. Hope more people end up going!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby oro! » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:05 pm

Don't they also have it in Atlanta? Either that or I've mistaken conferences for one another.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby ishy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:44 pm

I highly recommend anything Passion does. I've been to a lot of their conferences, including OneDay, and have volunteered some in the Passion office.
TechnoChicks - http://www.technochicks.org/

Craft Wonderland - http://z6.invisionfree.com/crafty

Atlanta Christian Gaming and Anime Guild
http://christcon.ancientmagicrpg.com/forum/index.php
ishy

Postby Nate » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:27 pm

Yay! I'm going too! Let's all meet up! *O*/

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kisa » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:36 am

I may be going! *crosses fingers*
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:33 am

I am going, too!

*Osaka forces Kisa's hand.*

:hug:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:48 pm

YAY! Responses! That's so awesome! I thought I might be the only one there. I'm so psyched to go. I didn't hear Beth Moore speak last year during subgroups so I want to hear her speak this year.
Oh, oro!, Passion does a couple of different things year round, like the Subway sereis in NY/NJ and the Oneday event, which is in November, I think.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:59 am

Kisa wrote:I may be going! *crosses fingers*

You'd BETTER go, seeing as how I missed hanging out with you at Winterfest last year. ;)

Nate

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:27 am

kaemmerite wrote:You'd BETTER go

Yus! You must go! The twins must be united! They must take lots of pictures, and scrap book together!

Okay, maybe not the scrap booking, but the rest still goes.

Mangafanatic

Postby yukinon » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:27 am

Beth Moore is one crazy lady. Some of her messages are what brought me to reconcile with my Dad last year. Even though her concepts made me mad at first, God knew it was something I needed to hear.

Passion is good stuff. My Mom is addicted to their cds. Even my Dad loves the Passion version of "Every Move I Make"! (He's not even a Christian.)
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:52 am

I'm bumping this thread to remind everyone about this. :D

So who all is definitely going? *insert standard disclaimer about caution being exerted when meeting people from internet forums* We should all meet up or something. And like, have a set plan, unlike what happened at Otakon. XD

I will be more than happy to PM my cell phone number to anyone who wishes it, so that things can get better set up.

Nate

Postby Locke » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:36 pm

Lucky east coasters...
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby blkmage » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:54 pm

I'm not going, but I did go to Passion Toronto just last week. Quite amazing, meeting other students in Ontario and worshipping together with about 5000 university students. Also pretty exciting since that was Passion's first time here in the lovely almost winter cold of Canada.
blkmage

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:55 pm

I'm definately going. We are having some logistical problems, but I have a back-up plan! I have been saving up for this since last year. I almost made the one in Canada, blkmage. Some of the guys made the trip up there; they had a blast it seems.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby yukinon » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:54 am

Yay, Passion is invading Canada!
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:43 pm

may i just say the passion conference is a incredible experience the year i went it was so awesom i mean david crowder, charlie hall, and chris tomlin not to mention louie giglio (1 of my favriote speakers) is there. Any 1 heard of One day its the super sized version of the passion experience tour .
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby yukinon » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:54 pm

I would SO love to go to One Day.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:56 pm

Me too but the last 1's location was a secret till like 3 weeks and it was in Texas so thats to far 4 me
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:41 pm

Ah well. Looks like the only people I'm gonna meet are Osaka and Yumie.

But that's okay...they're the only two I wanted to meet ANYWAY. :P

Nate

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:43 pm

kaemmerite wrote:Ah well. Looks like the only people I'm gonna meet are Osaka and Yumie.

But that's okay...they're the only two I wanted to meet ANYWAY. :P

Oh well, Nate. All the important people will be there. :P

Mangafanatic

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:06 pm

So, who made it there? Was anyone else in the Renaissance? I had to go down twenty-three flights of stairs on check out day!
I was in the burgandy community group, and met people from Duke, UNC, Greensborough in NC, Atlanta, and Arkansas. Steven and Kristy Nockles of Watermark were the worship leaders. The two breakout groups I went to were "Dirty Little Secret" by Craig Gross, founder of xxxChurch, and the one on pain and suffering by Francis Chan. I only went to one late night, I got to see End of the Spear; incredible!!
I was so excited when Lou (Lou's dad designed the Chick-fil-a logo) did his sermon using the pictures of our universe. I saw the same stuff Ashley-san saw in Texas! It's as if we got to go church together. So, I got to go to church with some of you guys, and I spent most of my time in the nosebleed pews.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby yukinon » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:10 pm

hehe, nosebleed pews.

What exactly is End of the Spear about anyway?
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:56 pm

http://www. endofthespear .com/

I was trying so hard not cry in the theatre, and I am not a cryer. It was so well done. The cinematography and acting were wonderful. I would have like a bit more of information about the missionaries, but they weren't the focus of the story, so it's not a big deal to me.
And I did have to sit in the absolute highest seats in an arena that was filled to capacity with 18,000 people. David Crowder is very small in my pictures.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Taka » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:15 am

CRAP!!!

WHY didnn't I remember to check this thread before I went!?! I was there... Silver group... Saw David Crowder Band (LOOOVE THEM SO MUCH), went to Beth Moore Brake out, and Francis Chan. Didn't you LOVE his grasshopper analogy!? GAH!!!
And I'll stop this pretending that I can
Somehow deserve what I already have
I need You to love me
Barlow Girl
Taka

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:07 pm

Taka wrote: Saw David Crowder Band (LOOOVE THEM SO MUCH), went to Beth Moore Brake out, and Francis Chan. Didn't you LOVE his grasshopper analogy!? GAH!!!

I love David Crowder Band! I got there illuminate CD when I was there last year. I wish they had played Undignified this year though. I didn't catch the grasshopper analogy. I was late becasue I had wanted to go to the movie about Africa, and then had to back track. I was sitting about 15 ft. outside the doors because of how crowded it was. I heard him most of the time though. I loved how he said he prayed for his kids. "God, watch out for my kids. They're so much cuter than the others."

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Return to General Entertainment