Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:00 am

I also thought Shannon's acting in this episode was really, really good. Her hands were even shaking a little when she was opening her letter. And I bet they named her step mother Sabrina on the sole purpose of word association, because what's the next word that pops into people's minds when they hear that name?

And Shoo, I don't think the show is going that way. If it is, it'll be way too much like Lord of the Flies, and if that's the case ... Hurley is doomed. Poor Piggy.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:40 am

I wouldn't mind Ana-lucia were it not for her demon attitude. You know, people will start moving if you say "I think we need to get going now" instead of "Get moving."

I must say, I'm disappointed to no end with the lovely little interview between Shannon and Sayid. It was absolutely unnecessary and infuriating. Of course, thie opens the door for a similar interaction between Katie and Jack or Kate and Sawyer.

I think it's very interesting that the voices actually are imminating from people. I was under the impression that it was more the mystical voice of the island or the voice of the each character's consceince or guilt. Interested (and very frightening). . . In light of that, I wonder how it is that these voices know about the past of the characters. [spoiler]Consider, for example, the fact that the voice said to Sawyer "It'll come back around", just as the man Sawyer shot had.[/spoiler]

Gypsy wrote:And I bet they named her step mother Sabrina on the sole purpose of word association, because what's the next word that pops into people's minds when they hear that name?

"She's a witch! Burn her!" I wondered if that would occur to anyone else. :)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby shooraijin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:20 am

the_lizardqueen wrote:Speaking of hatred, am I the only one who still feels perfectly neutral towards Ana-Lucia? My brain keeps telling me that logically I should be plotting a painful death for her, and yet I continue to simply not mind her..

I don't mind her. I think that she's trying as hard as she can under the circumstances. She certainly doesn't tweak me in the same way that a manipulator like Sawyer does, nor is she as sophisticated as Locke, so she has a little more depth and complexity to her character. She just opened up a huge can of worms, though ...

Gypsy wrote:And Shoo, I don't think the show is going that way. If it is, it'll be way too much like Lord of the Flies, and if that's the case ... Hurley is doomed. Poor Piggy.

Eeek, I never thought of that. But it's too easy for the scriptwriters to go that way -- it's already set up. Although the Others or a logical/obvious substitute weren't really in Lord of the Flies, so that's a new angle, unless you mean whatever presence was behind the pig head.
Was Walt trying to warn Shannon at the end to shut up?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:58 pm

Generally, that's what "shhhhh!" means. *sulks*
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:10 pm

Well, yes :sweat:, but what I meant was, was he warning Shannon [spoiler]about the Others nearby, or about Ana-Lucia?[/spoiler]

You can quit sulking now ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby shooraijin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:01 pm

Even though there was minimal plot advancement, I thought tonight's episode was pretty good. We saw

[spoiler]some of the Others up close (though dead, except Goodwin), and we know where the teddy bear came from, and we know that the Others must have had some idea of the attributes of the passengers (either directly or through "other" means, heh heh)[/spoiler]

. They also did a nice job of recapping scenes without being unnecessarily repetitive, and I'm glad they spent little time dwelling on the backstory -- we should be back in plot motion by next week, it seems.

Even I winced when Libby set the guy's leg, though (*snap!*).

I have also concluded that Invasion does not live up to its eyecatches. The very end was creepy, but not worth the getting there. *yawns and looks at clock*

shooraijin

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:06 pm

[spoiler]I knew as soon as they found the radio they were the one's who talked to Boone before he had his fall. (still thinks it would of been cool if he was talking to himself in a time warp type thing) [/spoiler]
SorasOathkeeper

Postby rocklobster » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:56 am

I sure hope Bruce Timm and company aren't going Lord of the Flies. *shudders*. That book was creepy.
rocklobster

Postby Rachel » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:58 pm

Last night was pretty sweet, I must say.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:10 pm

Even I winced when Libby set the guy's leg, though (*snap!*).

Libby scares me, she's extremely cool and all, but she's always so calm. Even when she's brutally snapping a guy's leg back into place O_o

And Mr. Eko rocks, I am so looking forward to him meeting the island's other mysterious, butt kicking island guru, Locke. It was also nice that the writers tried to give Ana-Lucia some more development, although the crying jag seemed a wee bit strained. I actually really liked Goodwin :(

Well, prior to the really tense knife swapping scene (Ana!! why are you giving him sharp pointy objects??!!!) and the sudden villainish turn. Then he was scary, though thankfully not quite as creepy as Ethan at the end of Raised by Another *shudder*

Oo, and I have a theory.

-Goodwin more or less states that those that the Others did not take were not 'good enough'

-In Raised by Another, Claire is told that only 'her goodness' can protect her child. She also claims that her attacker tried to inject her with an unknown substance.

-Desmond is quarantined in the hatch and he is shown injecting himself with an unknown substance

-Danielle mentions that her crewmates were infected by something. Desmond asks Locke if any of the survivors are infected already.

-Could it be that Goodwin and the Others were trying to save and preserve the 'good' people among the survivors from the mysterious infection that took out Danielle's crew? Though I'm not entirely sure what it all means..
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby shooraijin » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:18 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Well, prior to the really tense knife swapping scene (Ana!! why are you giving him sharp pointy objects??!!!) and the sudden villainish turn. Then he was scary, though thankfully not quite as creepy as Ethan at the end of Raised by Another *shudder*

That's one I missed. Guess I'll need to get the box set eventually, won't I? :sweat:

It's so hard being a latecomer to the show. ^^

shooraijin

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:03 am

shooraijin wrote:That's one I missed. Guess I'll need to get the box set eventually, won't I? :sweat:

It's so hard being a latecomer to the show. ^^

check out tvtome.com and search for the show. They always have excellent recaps.
rocklobster

Postby shooraijin » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:46 am

Yeah, but some things you just have to see. There's so many details those recaps miss.

shooraijin

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:45 am

Shoo wrote:It's so hard being a latecomer to the show. ^^

EEP! Should I be using the spoiler tags? I'm so sorry if I've spilled too much :sweat:

I would highly recommend the Season 1 DVD (I own a copy, even though I've never missed an eppy). It's displayed in widescreen, with better picture quality and it doesn't have any annoying commericial breaks or weekly cliffhangers. But it is a little on the expensive side, so you could always rent it instead, or evidently you can download all of the episodes from iTunes for a cheaper price. It's definitely better to watch the episodes tho', rather than shifting through the recaps. And the clips episodes really aren't any help, since they cut out almost all of the character development and backstories.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Locke » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:56 pm

Benard and his wife look so happy together ^_^
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby shooraijin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:11 pm

Yes, they did. I sniffled, I admit it. :sweat:

Ana-Lucia is a leeeeetle unbalanced, though.

shooraijin

Postby Locke » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:16 pm

But what that guy did to her.... hard not to sympathize =/

Locke

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:41 pm

eee!!!! Bernard & Rose and Sun & Jiiiin!!!!!!!!! cuteness overload!!! heck, even Micheal and Vincent was pretty sweet :grin:

'fraid I don't have much to say in regards to a constructive review. I liked this episode, alot. And Locke and Eko are the epitome of cool, I loved the whole exchange of hellos followed by a total staredown bit.
[spoiler] Ana-Lucia: I was pregnant *BANG!*[/spoiler]
Y'know, despite her tendency of lapsing into long brooding silences whenever she was asked about kids, I did not see that one coming. I can see how something like that might turn ya into a super jumpy trigger happy paranoid person

the_lizardqueen

Postby shooraijin » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:09 am

I just want to see what they do with Kate in the next episode.

Btw, not favouring

Kate x Sawyer
Jack x Ana-Lucia

NOT favouring. Might happen, but don't like it (them).

shooraijin

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:57 am

shooraijin wrote:I just want to see what they do with Kate in the next episode.

Btw, not favouring

Kate x Sawyer
Jack x Ana-Lucia

NOT favouring. Might happen, but don't like it (them).

Maybe it's because I'm a woman who's had to put up with atleast one friend who was a major flirt and would never admit or come to terms with it, but I like even a trigger happy Ana-lucia over little miss "I'd-better-take-off-my-pants-before-I-swim-because-I-can't-miss-a -chance-to-be-sexy" Kate. She just *gah!* annoys me. With that said, I'm going to root for the following pairings: JackxAna-Lucia or SawyerxAna-Lucia. Heck, I'll even go for Jackx(Insert non-Kate individual).

And I'm very excited to see just what's going to happen in the next episode. Looks like it could be uber interesting.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby shooraijin » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:34 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Maybe it's because I'm a woman who's had to put up with atleast one friend who was a major flirt and would never admit or come to terms with it, but I like even a trigger happy Ana-lucia over little miss "I'd-better-take-off-my-pants-before-I-swim-because-I-can't-miss-a -chance-to-be-sexy" Kate. She just *gah!* annoys me. With that said, I'm going to root for the following pairings: JackxAna-Lucia or SawyerxAna-Lucia. Heck, I'll even go for Jackx(Insert non-Kate individual).

And I'm very excited to see just what's going to happen in the next episode. Looks like it could be uber interesting.

It *is* a problem that Kate is really the majority of the fan service. Not even Shannon was quite that bad.

shooraijin

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:21 pm

I never really thought of it that way, fanservice is an excellent description of Kate. Shannon did start out that way but I was impressed by the way that the writers toned that aspect of her character down as she matured.

As for pairings, I'm all about Sun and Jin, though Rose and Bernard are adorable.
But the Jack x Kate x Sawyer x Ana Lucia quadrangle is just kinda 'meh' in my opinion. I also think that these would be interesting:

Ana x Eko
Locke x Rousseau (the crazies are comin'!)
Hurley x Rousseau (???)

Was I the only one picking up slight Claire and Locke vibes? It's probably more of a father/daughter relationship. I used to love Charlie and Claire but he's just being such an obnoxious meanie lately :shady:

the_lizardqueen

Postby rocklobster » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:59 am

Is it just me, or is Lost quickly breaking the record for most ridiculous plot points? Let's tabulate:
1. the invisible monster
2. the polar bear
3. the computer-controlled bomb that has to be reset manually every 2 hours
4. the fuselage nos. matching Hurley's winning lotto numbers (ironic, but still ridiculous)
5. killing Shannon just when you really like her.
6. the new film splices in last night's episode not answering ANYTHING!
rocklobster

Postby Stephen » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:17 pm

I am interested in watching this at some point..as everyone seems to be talking about it. But, on the same note...I have heard there is some pretty...(to steal a line from Lightbringer) Wonky, plot stuff.
Stephen

Postby Locke » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:32 pm

Her dad...ew...

Locke

Postby Bianca » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:57 pm

OK, some ofmy feelings on LOST

1) Season one was MUCH more fun to watch, but I love all of the hidden secrets of season two

2) Ana Lucia is GOD (ok..maybenot THAT great, but she deservesmore credit as a complex and dynamic character)

3) Favorite Characters- Locke, Ana Lucia, Sun, Boone, SAWYER

4) Favorite ships- SawyerXKate, JackXAna, AnaXSayid, LockeXClaire, RossouXHurley, ShannonXBoone, EthenXClaire

5)Least Favorite Characters- Hurley, Charlie, Jack, Sayid (I ddon't hate any of them..maybe besides Sayid)

6)Least Favorite Ships- SAYIDXSHANNON, CharlieXClaire, JACKXKATE

7) Boone's death=uncool. They should have killed Charlie, it would have been more dramatic

8) Following that, Sayid should have stayed away from Shannon. Awful..nasty sexual relationship..That really brought down my opinion of the writers for making such a poorly designed ship *is ready to be eaten for that one*
Bianca

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:01 pm

Was last night weird or what? I mean, is this really in Hurley's head? Or is it Libby's? I sure hope this isn't going to do what St. Elsewhere did and have it all be in someone's head. That is just a terrible way to end things.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:23 pm

Bianca, I`m sure we would all appreciate it if you don`t ressurect a topic that has an identical title on the same page.
Tommy

Postby Bianca » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:26 pm

righto then. I assumed this, being larger, was the original ><
Bianca

Postby Stephen » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:38 pm

Since the other is more active, lets keep discussion over there...*takes out the keys*
Stephen

Previous

Return to General Entertainment