Worst Disney movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Debitt » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:48 pm

Favorite ever: Robin Hood (YES the animated one with the foxes. XD shhh)

Worst: ...sequels aside...the Hunchback of Notre Dame was pretty painful. And the stuff Disney's been releasing lately...except for Finding Nemo and Lilo and Stitch and that sort of stuff...

that was a really incoherent post. XD

EDIT:
A Disney flick that doesn't get enough credit is Robin Hood. I love that movie!

XD YAAAAAAAY! <3 It really doesn't get enough credit. O_O Everything about it was awesome. I loved the music, too. x3 I didn't really appreciate the lyrics until I was older, but they're really pretty clever.

Robin Hood, in my mind, is the Disney equivalent of Tactics. XD;;; or something.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:51 pm

Lilo and Stitch is hilarious! Lilo's nuts!!! And Stitch...so...cute...must...hug!
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:15 pm

OIIIIIII there are just way to many GOOD disney movies to even think about the BAD ones...

the only thing I hate Disney for right now is..ALL OF THEIR STUPID COMPURTER ANIMATED MOVIES! I Swear if I see one more Computer animation I will rip my freaking eyes out. I wanna see CELLS! or at least the kind of movies where you draw the characters..do you know what I mean? I MISS DA 2-D!

I forgot to mention. TREASURE PLANET ROCKED MY SOX!!!!!! FREAKING LOVED THAT MOVIE!

my only complaint against Disney movies..is.. and this is only after I have grown up.. 'what is the point of all the songs?" Seriously...in real life..no one would suddenly break into song about the normalcy. although they are very catchy... I just...it is kinda annoying at times.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Wild Eagle » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:37 pm

Jungle Book was my favorite Disney movie, hands down. I remember watching the movie when I was around six or seven years old and I absolutely loved it (even now, I still watch it when I have the chance :sweat: ). I loved the animation, the characters and the songs a lot (look for the bear nesscessties(sp?)...:lol: ). Also, it was one of my first Hindi lessons. I remember watching the movie with my parents and they were teaching me that Hathi ment elephant, Baloo ment bear, Kaa ment eat/ to eat etc. So, it has that sentimental value attached to it.

Now, the sequel was probably the worst Disney movie, I've seen. Sure, I enjoyed it, but it didn't have the same impact as it did on me, when I watched the first movie. Jungle Book 2, would not be a movie that I would watch over and over again, as opposed to the first Jungle Book. My friend's five-year-old sister's favorite movie is Jungle Book. So now I can teach her things like, "Look, Megan! Sher means tiger and Khan means king." just like how my parents taught me. My cousins, friends and I pretty much grew up with the first Jungle Book, so it's something we will all remember as we grow older.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that Junior rocks! :rock:

"Shh...drillin' "
"Have mercy on me O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion, blot out my transgressions" Psalm 51:1

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth, you will again bring me up." Psalm 71:20

"An eye for an eye, will only make the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Wild Eagle

Postby Stephen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:59 pm

Please folks, when you make threads....be sure to look around and make sure your putting it in the right area.
Stephen

Postby Maledicte » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:32 pm

But I...LIKED the Hunchback of Notre Dame...The book was so depressing that some good animation and music were definitely in order.

the Sword in the Stone--pretty much dead. Just fast-forward to the wizard's duel.

Any and all sequels/prequels. Except for Aladdin and the King of Thieves. Because the songs are funny and Cassim is cool.

ANTLANTIS. I HATED IT. WHAT IS A DISNEY MOVIE WITHOUT THE BROADWAY SHOWSTOPPING SONGS? and the story was ppghtsktjslkth. Ew. I wouldn't have even mentioned it until I saw someone else bring it up.

Bobtheduck wrote:My favorite movie, BTW, isn't one of their so-called "masterpiece" collection... It's a Goofy Movie.

Yes. SO yes. This movie deserves a medal. Even the intro rocks...."A Movie."....YAAAAAHOohoooooeeee "GOOFY"

Gee, looks like I got stoned up there..../O_O
Maledicte

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:14 pm

Most of the Disney movies I've seen have been really good actually^^ That is, because I haven't been watching too many of the new ones :/ Still ones I want to see that I haven't like Dinosaur and Toy Story 2 one of these days (since Dinosaur isn't on here yet I'm assuming it wasn't a bad one?) The onyl good newish ones are ones like Emperor's New Groove, Mulan, Lilo and Stitch. I haven't even BOTHERED with ones like Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range (the heck?) and now well, Chicken Little :/ Oy...

Pixar ones have been pretty good too. Just not a HUGE fan of Finding Nemo cause my friends wouldn't stop thinking about it for the lognest time! >_< Too overrated but either than that...

Ones I grew up were great: Lion King, Alladin, Beauty and the Beast... not a Pocahontus fan really, and I kinda liked Hunchback and own the VHS but meh :/ Then there's the great classics that are just WAY to many to name! But seriously with EVERY movie having a sequel, I won't even bother with those... although I did actually like Aladdin 2 as a kid (haven't seen it in a long time though) and I thought Lion King 2 was good too.

Speaking of sequels... if anyone watched the special edition Cinderella, you'll notice there's gunna be a, that's right a Cinderella THREE!!!! Cept this time it's a "what if the shoe never fit..." and so forth... it actually looks intriguing and I wanna watch it when it comes out in 2007 or whenever :/ Watch it be like, dumb though and unsuspecting :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:12 pm

I think Finding Nemo is THE most overrated animated film of the decade.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:13 pm

SirThinks2Much wrote:But I...LIKED the Hunchback of Notre Dame...The book was so depressing that some good animation and music were definitely in order.

Finally! I like Hunchback too. The book was good as well but the movie is an interesting take on the story. It could have done without the talking gargoyles and their song, but overall the music (both the score and the songs) as well as the look and feel of the movie is good.

I'm afraid that, although I like Alladdin a lot, it's influence on Disney was negative since it thoroughly tried to recapture its formula repeatedly. One problem with recent movies were Disney's insistence on "Creative Executives" who name was the opposite of what they had to do. Their job was to make sure a movie was bankable - which meant that whenever the animators and writers came up with something interesting or new, these "executives" would weigh on whether or not this idea would effect box-office revenues and then use, discard or mangle the idea. In other words these people who had no idea of how animation or movies worked were given creative control over the animators who actually had art lessons and went to film school. Pixar and anime companies have no creative executives. I sense a pattern.

Worst Disney movie, however, is....

Inspector Gadget. Okay, its not animated, but its stupid beyond belief despite one or two clever jokes.
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:36 pm

Lilo and Stich and Pocohontas. I really didn't enjoy them. I'm sure there are others though (most Disney sequels - Toy Story 2 was an exception).
Contrary to popular belief I enjoyed Atlantis a lot. It was different from other Disney fare (no singing, fairly serious) but it was quite good.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby rocklobster » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:24 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Lilo and Stich and Pocohontas. I really didn't enjoy them. I'm sure there are others though (most Disney sequels - Toy Story 2 was an exception).
Contrary to popular belief I enjoyed Atlantis a lot. It was different from other Disney fare (no singing, fairly serious) but it was quite good.

Okay, you guys made me do it. Time for my Disney joke that's a fave of many of my relatives:
Q: "How many Disney characters does it take to change a light bulb?"
A: "18. One to change the bulb, and the other 17 do the musical number."
rocklobster

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:23 am

:grin:
Shao Feng-Li

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:12 pm

Atlantis was ok.
mitsuki lover

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:15 pm

It was darker, I'll give you that. But it was still bland.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Sync » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:33 pm

Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music, oh how I dispise those films, not for being bad but being ground into my brain day after day; because these three sisters would ALWAYS whine if they didnt get to watch what they wanted at daycare. I still treasure my VHS copies of Tron that I bought the same week I stopped going there :D
Sync

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:25 am

[quote="Sync"]Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music, oh how I dispise those films, not for being bad but being ground into my brain day after day]

...is The Sound of Music even Disney? I don't think it was... Marry Poppins for SURE is though.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:53 am

No, Sound of Music isn't Disney. It's 20th Century Fox. (Btw, I love that movie.)
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Sync » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:58 pm

it all blends together after so many years :)
Sync

Postby MPX42 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:37 am

Worst Disney movie.....Brother Bear.I HATE the ending.

But that does not even BEGIN to compare to Doogal.That movie was unbelieveably bad.

EDIT:Now the worst Disney movie I've seen is Vailant.The plot just didn't make since most of the time.
MPX42

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:22 pm

I am personally sticking with the totally unhistorical Pocohantas.Does anyone at Disney read history any more?
mitsuki lover

Postby Tommy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:33 pm

They try to make the story something a little kid would like.

Disney Movies with Female Characters = A scene with two animated characters making out that paren`t don`t even notice.

If they went by the way history tells us, there would be no love story.

Take an ugly idian girl and make her an attractive woman and take a shaggy old man and make him the blonde Tom Cruise.

That`s Disney for you.
Tommy

Postby soul alive » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:12 pm

When was the last Disney traditional cartoon? Other than the Huffalumph movie, I can't think of one since 'Brother Bear'. That saddens me. They used to come out faithfully every year or two.

'Beauty and the Beast' is my favorite princess movie hands down.

My overall favorite is 'Great Mouse Detective.' I love that movie so much.

I dislike 'Tarzan' because it is so far from the books beyond basic concept. But I will not go on my rather involved rant on that subject.

And the *twitch* sequels. Ugh. I'll repeat what I said in the 'Mulan' thread: 'I am not a fan of the "I-swear-we're-not-out-to-con-parents-who-don't-know-any-better-than-to-buy-this-crap-for-their-kids" sequels Disney comes out with.'
Seriously. Though, the sequel that made me somewhat mad was the 'Bambi' sequel, whose sole purpose seems to be giving Bambi's father a better image. :shady:
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby CephasWhite » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:58 pm

The only thing I don't like about Disney (and I bet all of you have already said it) ARE THE SEQUALS!!!

It's like they're saying, "Coming soon! Blah blah 2! Because we're too cheap to think of a better title!"

It's also another thing how the sequal doesn't appear in theaters and only on video, it wasn't good enough to be on theaters.

I miss the old animations where cells were used. The use of the "new technology" is just not worth watching all the time.

I loved the old style called DRAWING and PAINTING, remember those? To me, that kind of style captures my imagination. That's how come I adore watching the old disney cartoons my family recorded years and years back.

Now, it's all "COMPUTERIZED, SOLID, BLAND, ONE-COLOR, NOTHING-ELSE-OR-WE'LL-SHOOT-YOU" style, where the black lines outlineing everything are obviously noticable and it doesn't suit the creative side of it anymore. Plus they're just funny anymore, like "House of Mouse" and some other cartoons.

Thankfully, I'm beginning to see some changes back to the original style of things, where the cartoons were actually funny and the art was tasteful.

The movie, "The Three Musketeers" with Mickey, Donald and Goofy was HILARIOUS and the artistic side of it was pleasing to the eye. Plus, on the DVD, they gave a history of Mickey's past adventures like:

Steamboat Willie
Moose Hunters (never ever seen that one but I want to)
Mickey and the Beanstalk (Love that one!)
with others...

And my all time favorite:

The Prince and the Pauper! WHOO!!

Another thing I have to note is that now with Micheal Eisner gone, hopefully Disney will go back to they're original style of cartoons and movies. Don't get me wrong, Eisner was a cool guy and he was with Disney for as long as 30 years, but he was looking at the financial side of things rather then the art and majestic ideas of what Walt Disney intended it to be.

I forgot one other thing, The Chronicles of Narnia had Disney associated with it and it. was. FABULOUS! I can say that this gives a better look towards them then ever before.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Uriah » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:31 pm

How about ALL OF THEM!
Uriah

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:45 pm

I say this out of the love for the original show...

"Digimon: The Movie"...(Disney bought the rights to Digimon, so it kinda classifies, in my book, as a Disney movie.)
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Rogie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:12 pm

Without a doubt, the sequels. I quit collecting Disney videos when I was younger due to the insane amount of sequels and their lack of quality. However, I was conned into recently buying "Kronk's New Groove," sequel to "Emperor's New Groove." I loved the first one so much that I had to try this one out, too. I still haven't watched it; I'm keeping my fingers crossed, especially since most of the cast returned for the sequel.
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:59 am

Well, I'm just glad they didn't say,

"Emperor's New Groove 2"

I'm sorry but I despise having a title with 2 in it for a sequal movie. As I said before, it's like they're being lazy to think of a proper title IMO.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:09 am

MPX42 wrote:But that does not even BEGIN to compare to Doogal.That movie was unbelieveably bad.

Ah, yes, but Doogal was a British production based on a French puppet-show from the 1960's and 1970s called "The Magic Roundabout". So its not really Disney.
bigsleepj

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:00 am

[quote="Rogie-san"] However, I was conned into recently buying "Kronk's New Groove," sequel to "Emperor's New Groove." I loved the first one so much that I had to try this one out, too. I still haven't watched it]

You should watch it soon and tell us how that one went... being a sequel to one of the best Disney movies ever, I'm interested to know if it's at least SOMEWHAT just as good as the first.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Rogie » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:31 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:You should watch it soon and tell us how that one went... being a sequel to one of the best Disney movies ever, I'm interested to know if it's at least SOMEWHAT just as good as the first.

Okie-dokie. I've actually got some free time this week, so I'm planning on watching a couple of movies. I'll try and make sure I watch Kronk and give my comments on it here. :thumb:
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment