Worst Disney movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Worst Disney movie

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:14 pm

Here are my votes:
  • Hunchback of Notre Dame 1 and 2
  • all Pocahantas movies
  • Little Mermaid 2 (LOVED the first one, but the second is flat.)
  • Sword in the Stone (Why did KH have to put Merlin in and remind us of this awful movie?)
  • Lady and the Tramp 2 (Scamp was a great comic book character, but he wasn't treated well here)
  • Duck Tales the Movie (for me, this is when Disney jumped the shark. They took the series right along with it.)
rocklobster

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:17 pm

lmao. i love your sn.

ROCKLOBSTER!

ROCKLOBSTER!!

have you ever seen family guy?
he sings it. XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:24 pm

Just from a plain historical prespective the Pocahontas movies have to be the worse :thumbsdow
And from a plain literary perspective it would be The Hunchback of
Notre Dame. :thumbsdow
Really if you think about it ever since Walt Disney died the company
never was the same.
mitsuki lover

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:32 pm

every single sequel.....

I mean.. "The Lion King", "Beauty and the Beast" they were all majestic....

then they come out with "Beauty and the Beast 2" and have some obsurd lame title like "And the curse of the wicked fruit of the loom" or something...

the only sequel I liked (And by Pixar) was Toy Story 2
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby TurkishMonky » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:35 pm

best disney movie: Mulan
worst disney movie: Mulan 2
TurkishMonky

Postby Tommy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:35 pm

Apparently to Disney everything has to be filled with hapiness and love.

Tom: Hey guess what Disney?
Disney: What?
Tom: In your film Pocahontus, you made John Smith the blonde Tom Cruise and made Pocahontus a beautiful woman Smith`s age.
Disney: We know. ^-^
Tom: Guess what else?
Disney: Yes?
Tom: Pocahontus was really around 12 and Smith was nearing 40! Why did you do it? And grandmother willow?! What the -BLEH- is up with that?!
Disney: It makes chilsren know what love is all about and have a beatiful enchanting story.
Tom: Next time you do that, don`t base it on real people, okay?!
Disney: Ok.

Trust me, George Washington is next.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Scepth » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:36 pm

Pocahantas was definitely one of the worstssesses >__<

_[color=LemonChiffon]__
__. .______[/color]
\\\[color=plum]_[Color=LemonChiffon]__[/color]\ /_[Color=LemonChiffon]__[/color]///[/color]
[color=plum]\\_[/Color]═╬═[color=plum]_//[/color]
\[Color=Plum]|[/color][Color=Plum]|/[/color]

:[color=indigo]::Mäķė Beļïëv3:::[/color]
[color=Indigo]Şčęק†ђ[/color]
<@
Scepth

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:38 pm

I agree. I read all about what really happened in the life of Pocahontas and John Smith. And they butchered it! Not to mention the movie itself was very racial. After I saw the movie in theaters, I was steamed.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:47 pm

I never saw Pocahantos, how was it racial?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Arnobius » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:49 pm

I think the dividing line was between Beauty and the Beast as the last "Classical" Disney movie and Aladdin which began the annoying tendency of the "Jive talking" sidekicks and the cultural reference humor that makes them so dated a few years later.

I'd put Atlantis near the bottom, because of the blatant (and blanantly unsuccesful) attempt to borrow from anime themes. I'm not talking about the allegations of the "Nadia" ripoff... I don't believe that one. I more mean that to Disney, "anime style" means crude humor, violence and betrayal as themes.
Arnobius

Postby termyt » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:53 pm

The real Pocahontus converted to Christianity.

An interesting site on Pocahontus: http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/1001/poca.html
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:56 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I never saw Pocahantos, how was it racial?

There's a song where they keep repeating "Savages, savages, bearly even human". Both the indians and the pilgrims are singing it. And that's just for starters. Honestly, that has to be one of the most liberally-influenced movies in Hollywood, right up there with Fahrenheit 9/11 and The Day After Tomorrow.
rocklobster

Postby termyt » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:05 pm

Actually, at the time, England hadn't quite figured out what to do with the natives. King James I had Pocahontas’s father coronated Emperor of Virginia. When Pocahontas visited England, she was treated as a princess with all of the rank and privileges therein.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby White Raven » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:31 pm

Ok you all have made a lot of good points.
But are we not forgetting one movie?
It was the movie that made me ask “Are they serious?â€
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Arnobius » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:33 pm

[quote="ILoveArt"]Ok you all have made a lot of good points.
But are we not forgetting one movie?
It was the movie that made me ask “Are they serious?â€
Arnobius

Postby gungrave » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:37 pm

best: Toy story 1 and 2
worst: anything else cept the FIRST alladen
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby hawaiishirtguy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:45 pm

A lot of the recent stuff hasn't been worth even a rental. The exceptions being Lilo & Stitch, Emperor's New Groove, and the joint works with Pixar.
Many waters cannot quench love, nor can floods drown it... Song of Songs 8:7

Dont question the goodness of Taco Bell lest ye be smited with sauce packets!
hawaiishirtguy

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:46 pm

Best: Mulan
Worsts: Alladin 2-3, Cinderella 2, Tarzan 2 (the one with the animated shows) And any other sequal.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:04 pm

Hunchback of Notre Dame 1 and 2
all Pocahantas movies
Little Mermaid 2 (LOVED the first one, but the second is flat.)
Sword in the Stone (Why did KH have to put Merlin in and remind us of this awful movie?)
Lady and the Tramp 2 (Scamp was a great comic book character, but he wasn't treated well here)
Duck Tales the Movie (for me, this is when Disney jumped the shark. They took the series right along with it.)

Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. HBND=BLARRRRGH. Stop. Help. The agony. The singing!!! *pulls out hair*

Anyway, my vote goes to...you guys are gonna hate me...Beauty and the Beast. The wolves...the wolves...arrrghh...wolves 1) don't attack people 2) don't have red eyes and 3) don't look like emaciated rats. I just don't like that movie in general. It was painful to my poor eyes.

As for Lion King II stinking...what? I think that's a great movie, even better in some ways than the first.
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:05 pm

Just about anything made after the early 90s is bad. The only good ones since The Lion King have been the Pixar movies like Toy Story and Monsters Inc. And let's not forget The Emperor's New Groove.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Sorry, have to add random madness here....

Postby KojiroMusashi » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:08 pm

I feel the overwhelming urge to rant here a bit...but I'll keep it as under control as I can :thumb:

Firstly, if you watch Disney shows, you must realize you're never watching them for their literary or historical accuracy. Goodness, I loved Mulan, but think how short the movie would have been if she'd been discovered and beheaded. Think how many kids would wake up screaming at 2 am after watching Hercules massacre his wife and children. And most importantly, think of the mind scarring after watching Pocahontas, not nimbly prancing through the forest, but thundering like a wildebeest.

In short, Disney is not about historical accuracy, so that's a moot point.
The fact is, Disney is, and always has been, about family entertainment. Movies that are appealing and entertaining to all ages. I list here some oldies that I grew up with: Robin Hood, The Apple Dumpling Gang (yes, so shoot me, I was young, Ok?), Treasure Island, Peter Pan, and others.

Most of the ones that you guys list as the worst of all time, I really enjoyed. I have to except Pocahontas from this list though...it really WAS that horrible. Not racist though, it was merely showing off the culture gap between very different peoples.

As for my nomination for worst Disney movie of all time? Sequels aside (for they are always horrible and not worth the $5.oo it took to make them), I would have to vote for the absolutely vile Brother Bear. I mean, the only saving grace IN this movie were the moose character ripoffs of Bob and Doug McKenzie, and they prooved after five minutes to be really annoying, not the lovable and funny Canadian spoofs that I grew up with. This movie deserves to be burned, every copy, along with whoever decided that making bears our "brothers" was a good idea. Sounds suspiciously like the poor saps who were trying to proove that bears aren't really dangerous. The husband got killed (big surprise there).

Sorry for the rant...I'm done now, I promise.

-KojiroMusashi
KojiroMusashi

And I have to add...

Postby KojiroMusashi » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:12 pm

Sorry, swore I was done, but I read the posts that were put up since I started typing the last one, and I have to comment:

Um, Lion King II was both horrible and frightening, in more ways than one. The central love song "Jupenji?" (I dunno, it was scary, so I only ever watched it once) freaked me out. Creepy old Rafiki, whom I had so much respect for, now singing a song that sounds suspiciously like "In your panties"....

*Shudders and convulses, but manages to keep it together*

In short, that song ruined the entirity of the sequel, even though there were other points that were good, and other points that were bad.

*Shudders again*

Ugh...gotta go. Feeling nauseous.

-KojiroMusashi
KojiroMusashi

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:13 pm

I actually liked Brother Bear. And they weren't trying to prove bears aren't dangerous, they were showing that animals are dangerous when provoked. Actually the reaction of the bear to whatever that kid's name was is pretty true to a bear's nature; runs at first but when cornered, it's gonna try to kill you. I didn't like the spiritual stuff in it, but I thought it was a good movie. I didn't know it was by Disney, though. For some reason I've always thought it was from Universal Studios. Like Balto. O_____o

Another movie that...that...ARGGGGH NO CINDERELLA!!!! AGH!! The worst of all! Help!

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

Heart of Sword

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:14 pm

The one that makes me the most mad, though I'm just tossing a drop into the ocean, is Pocahontas... I was mad when it was just "I know the history of it" but now that I know I'm related to her, and I was telling people about my herritage, and someone started laughing at me saying "Pocahontas wasn't a real person" *sigh* Boy, that's a hassle... When people believe you've told them you're related to a fictional character, it's hard to get them to take anything you say seriously.

Other than that, I don't know about the sequals because I refuse to watch them anymore, except I've seen the sequals to Alladin and Lion King... Or, maybe I didn't see Lion King 2, but I saw 1 1/2...

My favorite movie, BTW, isn't one of their so-called "masterpiece" collection... It's a Goofy Movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby White Raven » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:18 pm

Heart of Sword wrote:Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. HBND=BLARRRRGH. Stop. Help. The agony. The singing!!! *pulls out hair*

Anyway, my vote goes to...you guys are gonna hate me...Beauty and the Beast. The wolves...the wolves...arrrghh...wolves 1) don't attack people 2) don't have red eyes and 3) don't look like emaciated rats. I just don't like that movie in general. It was painful to my poor eyes.

As for Lion King II stinking...what? I think that's a great movie, even better in some ways than the first.

Well if we are going to nitpick about animal behavior.
The lion king would be a laughing stock.
But I think the Lion King was good and so was Beauty and the Beast.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:29 pm

Worst? This is no fair. There are to many choices.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:38 pm

The Goofy Movie was hilarious. It reminded me so much of my own dad. XD

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:45 pm

the lion king 1/2 is hands down the worst disney movie ever... It just undermines everything good about the first movie and makes it a joke. I choose to ignore its existence.

And for all you who hate Pocahontas, it wasn't exactly made for the historians out there. It was made for families and more specifically kids. I grew up on that movie, and I loved it... so who cares about real history =__= I was a kid. I liked Pocahontas. Sue me.
So, yeah, I basically grew up on disney. Me and my brother watched Aladin, Peter Pan, and Cinderella more times than I could count. I was scared of the Jungle Book and Little Mermaid though XD
Kawaiikneko

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:45 pm

Heart of Sword wrote:Another movie that...that...ARGGGGH NO CINDERELLA!!!! AGH!! The worst of all! Help!

What's wrong with Cinderella? ;__;

A Disney flick that doesn't get enough credit is Robin Hood. I love that movie!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:48 pm

That is a funny movie. The prince...XD

The Lion King 1/2 was very funny, but way too irreverent...like the farting scene at Pride Rock...come on...:shady: I like that movie as a SPOOF.

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Next

Return to General Entertainment