Spiderman 3 News. Prepare To Be Shocked...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:18 pm

i gotta say tho, if it was me writing for the spidey movies, i'd be prompted to write the script in such a way so that the black suit would first be put on in one movie, but then in the following movie have spidey fight the suit and as a result venom also, and to tell u the truth, i like the way the ppl at attack of the show put it when referring to toby macguire vs. topher grace "it's gonna be one of the geekiest slap fights in all movie history" ya know, i think they have a point here, on the other hand tho, i could see how brock portrayed by topher would be a good rival for pete, who knows, maybe venom will be some sort of experiment conducted by osbourne's company to re-create spidey's powers or something, who knows, but if they do that, it will be so CHEEEEESSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!

aw well, all the rant i got for now
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:18 am

Well, it's only confirmation of what we already knew. Here's hoping (yet again) that Venom will be done right. They certainly have the technology and budget.
uc pseudonym

Postby That Dude » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:28 am

That's pretty interesting about Venom being the villian. I thought Sam Raimi didn't want to have him in any of the movies.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:44 pm

And Michael, bad news. They are gonna do an Evil Dead 4, but Bruce won't be the lead. Last I heard they were talking to Stiffler from American Pie. (I know, lets lynch Raimi)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's terrible. Oh well, at least we still have the originals.

I don't want to be extremely argumentative about it, but that Zap2it article did say that Dunst didn't actually have the script yet. If they are doing Venom, then I would infinitely prefer Church to Grace over the role.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Stephen » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:15 pm

Actaully, as I wrote that stuff went down. According to Joblo, there now saying no Evil Dead 4, but only a remake of the original. No idea when...I am still praying for Bruce though.
Stephen

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:51 am

oh, great. another spiderman movie. i'm overjoyed. yeah.

Here comes another whiny crap-fest that is now going to destryo my second favortie villian, venom. yeah.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:54 am

You're obviously entitled to your opinion of the movies, but relating to what little of it is objective I think you're being a bit harsh. They handled Green Goblin acceptably well, if not excellently. Then, I think they did a wonderful job of Doctor Octopus, both in making him seem human in a short period of time and with the general villainry.
uc pseudonym

Postby That Dude » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:41 pm

I'd have to agree with UC, PK...Please keep whining down to a minimum k?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:25 pm

Ok, when I was about 10, I was mentally obsessed with Spiderman. I had all the comics, saw the TV sgow every Saturday morning....yatta yatta.

I was upset when I found out Venom wouldn`t be in Spiderman I, and even more when I found out he wasn`t going to cast in Spiderman II. Venom was the man! Either him or Carnage.

As for special effects, it`s coming out in 2007 so I expect that they`re putting a lot of work into Venom`s suit. You know what would make sense?
Eh, spoiler for Spiderman 2

[SPOILER] Eddie Brock did appear in Spiderman I and he wasn`t the that 70`s Show dude so that`s going against the comic. So I think if John Jameson became Venom it would make sense. He`s gonna be motivated to kill Peter Parker since at he end, Mary Jane leaves him for Peter (that`s against the comics already). Plus, in spiderman 2 the Lizard was already set up. All my friends are like: "The Lizard can`t be the professor, the Lizard has two arms, not one." I roll my eyes and walk away since I can`t explain without looking like a nerd. [/SPOILER]

Either way, The Sandman?! Bad chioce. He`s one the list of least favorite villians along with "The Fly" and "Mysterio". The fly was from the old Spiderman.

Does Anyone remember Spiderman Unlimited? What a show that was.

EDIT: Your closing spoiler tag didn't include a backslash, so they didn't operate. All has been made well.
Tommy

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:07 am

uc pseudonym wrote:You're obviously entitled to your opinion of the movies, but relating to what little of it is objective I think you're being a bit harsh. They handled Green Goblin acceptably well, if not excellently. Then, I think they did a wonderful job of Doctor Octopus, both in making him seem human in a short period of time and with the general villainry.

They did great with Doc Ock??? Yeah, sure, if you want to pretend the comic book never existed and they made it up as they went along. Doc Ock was pure evil in the comics, but they had to go and make him all nice at the beginning and end. Sure they did a good job with the special effects in the fight sequences, which lasted a total of 5 minutes before it went back to spiderman crying about how hard it is to have superpowers. If I had superpowers I wouldn't go moping around, saying "woe is me. I have super strength, super reflexes, shooting webbing. boo hoo hoo. I should just crawl in a hole and die." Seriously.
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:25 am

Peter Parker's moping I won't touch, but I'll defend Doc Ock. Yes, the movies are essentially outside of the comic books. For that matter, different forms of the comic books have made Octavius a very different character. I wasn't looking so much for the comic book version (who I didn't care about) as for a version of the villain that would have some degree of character within the movie's time limits.
uc pseudonym

Postby Nate » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:53 am

Yeah, you really can't go, "Oh, he sucks because he's not exactly like the comic book version." Dude, it would be near impossible to do him the same as in the comics simply because of time constraints. You can't take hundreds of issues of a comic book and condense them into a 2 hour movie. So they DO have to make a new background for the heroes and villains, in order for them to fit it in the medium given.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:22 pm

Well, okay, I see your point about villians. I just think they could have done a lot better. As long as they don't screw venom up, I'll be alright. I just hate spiderman's overall whiny appeal.
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Nate » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:04 pm

PumpkinKoRn52 wrote:I just hate spiderman's overall whiny appeal.

He's no different in the comics, y'know...equally as whiny (if not moreso). :P

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ashley » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:28 pm

I second that. Peter's quite whiney in the comics, so I didn't think it was too out of place.
Ashley

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:53 pm

Has this been posted yet?

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

*whines* I wants my liiiiizard!
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Souba » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:47 pm

kaemmerite wrote:Oh, I'm not denying it, bad casting decisions have been made before...such as, oh, I don't know, casting a teenage girl as Rogue.

But still, that just doesn't seem...I don't know the word, but...yeah.

Can't say that I don't agree with you on that one! Poor Rogue *cries* No Remy either *cries more*
Well Venom would be cool to see, but it's too early to say.
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Stephen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:18 pm

From what I read on joblo a while back....there saying Venom is gonna suck. Unless they change the costume they have so far. (they did the same with Spiderman 1, showed a crappy Green Goblin costume...then made a good one) Hopefully they get the nasty feedback from it. Basicly, they tried to give it the purple shine it had in the comics...but it ended up looking very....less then good.
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:02 pm

I can very easily see how attempting to make Venom with some purple wouldn't look good at all. In the comics, it is only a way to accent the black. With real life (that is, computer generation), all black would definitely look better. We'll have to see.
uc pseudonym

Postby Stephen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:54 pm

You hit the nail on the head UC. Its all about trying to do comic things, in a real movie. There are certain things that only work in comics...and one would hope, that the writers and directors and such would realise this. Before we get...you know, a purple venom.
Stephen

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:19 pm

purple venom... oh my eyes. I hope that they'll pull out an awesome costume for venom suddenly like before...
I think the astronaut setup was too good to pass up for venom though... the motive and the method are there, so hopefully this is gonna rock,

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Kanerou » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:50 pm

Souba wrote:Can't say that I don't agree with you on that one! Poor Rogue

Not touching that, least not here.

I'm all for Black Cat shaking things up, but it seems we may have to wait. Man, that stinks. Not much of an opinion about the new villains, other than three was a lot. About Ock.... I've barely seen the cartoon, but I didn't like his movie version. What's all this about sympathizing with the villains? To some point, maybe, and I understand, but they're villains. Giving them some boohoo back story seems to cheapen their overall..... um.... villainness? :sweat:
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Previous

Return to General Entertainment