Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:24 am

I've been watching this show ever since I found out that one of its co-creators is also someone who worked on Batman: the Animated Series.
rocklobster

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:26 pm

Gypsy wrote:Was anyone else bummed by the last episode? It seemed very ... stretched to me. When you think about it, the timeline wasn't advanced an inch. I did like the parallel shifting between the raft ... peices and what was happening on the island, but I found the backtracking within the "current" time (flashbacks not included) to be slightly annoying. Maybe it was the only way they could handle those series of events, but I hope it doesn't become a habit.

My thoughts precisely. I think it might have worked better if they had simply done a two hour premiere in proper order, rather than backtracking. The Micheal flashbacks were kinda 'meh..', they didn't cover very much new ground (other than the cameo by the polar bear whee!!). But it was interesting to learn more about Desmond, and the reason for the 'quarantine' on the inside of the hatch. And I actually giggled when Kate was getting her chocolate fix, I also loved the look on her face when "Make Your Own Kind of Music" started blaring. Could it be that I'm actually starting to like her?

I also spent the entire episode freaking out about Jin, they really fooled me with the summaries about 'the two raft survivors'. And the zombie-ish dudes with pointed sticks were rather freaky. I really hope they continue the raft plotline next week, instead of focusing entirely on the main group of survivors and the hatch.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:38 pm

I wonder, the people that were coming towards Jin Michael and Sawyer, are the others, or the other survivors of flight 815? Why I say this is because, Desmond asked Locke if any of the survivors had gotten sick, and he said no. What if these people are the other survivors that have gotten sick, and kinda become crazy? Theory.

Here’s something interesting I didn’t pick up on, The I-Ching symbol found on Desmond's shirt and the food in the hatch, is also found on the shark's tail as it swims past an underwater camera. (got this from tv.com)
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Locke » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:29 pm

The Honso Foundation is behind the station? o.0
And whats up with the Dharma Initiative, it's a hindu teaching of somekind...
It's getting better and better.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:13 pm

*watches previews for next week's episode*

*Kicks J.J. Abrams [misspelling?]*

Kate. In a bath towel. How disappointing.

While both I and my sister suspected that it was only a matter of time until Kate and Jack ended up in a compromising situation-- I'm disappointed that it seems it will happen so soon. Did anyone else cringe when they saw next week's preview?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:03 am

Mangafanatic wrote:Kate. In a bath towel. How disappointing.

While both I and my sister suspected that it was only a matter of time until Kate and Jack ended up in a compromising situation-- I'm disappointed that it seems it will happen so soon. Did anyone else cringe when they saw next week's preview?

Well, I finally found the preview for next week and the Kate in a towel scene wasn't quite as bad as I had imagined. But it does kinda worry me. I used to love J. J's other show, Alias, and I was often extremely frustrated by the unneccesary sexual content. Especially in the one episode that included an overly long scene set in a..er..very very seedy club. I really hope Lost doesn't head in that direction, mebbe they'll be too busy running for their lives to start doing stuff like that..*crosses fingers*

And what the heck was up with Jin speaking ENGLISH?? :wow!:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:28 am

Eep, I guess I'm double-posting, but I'm not sure that I can wait any longer for someone else to post :sweat:

Not a bad episode overall, though I was really hoping that they'd cover Hurley's stint in a psych ward. Still, it was kinda fun to see him and his buddy wrecking havok. And Hurley's evil boss was Locke's evil boss!! (or the same actor at least, see the imdb..)

Other than that it was nice to see Rose again, and I loved the bit at the end. Rose and Bernard could potentially threaten Sun and Jin as my fave coupling. Speaking of Sun and Jin, I'm really worried about them. I can't believe Shannon and Claire would leave Sun alone after breaking such devastating news to her. Here's to hoping that Rose and Sun start hanging out together, mebbe they'll form a club for wives of supposedly dead husbands. I really hope Sun doesn't give up on Jin..

And as I figured, the english-speaking-Jin thing was a fakeout *sigh*. I s'pose it would have wrecked the character, though it would've been a sweet plot twist. And the Kate in the shower scene was pretty annoying, I definitely lost some respect for both of the parties involved :shady:

Ana-Lucia: "I say move, you move. I say stop, you stop. I say jump, what do you say?"
Sawyer: "You first!" :lol:

the_lizardqueen

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:23 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:And the Kate in the shower scene was pretty annoying, I definitely lost some respect for both of the parties involved :shady:

Whatever happned to where a guy walks in on a girl gets all flustered and walks out appolgising? Man I couldn't beleave he just stood there having a normal conversation with Kate, and she didn't even say anything. :shady: *I would of so thrown sope in his eyes*

I liked the "Have a cluckety cluck cluck day" Jin said. :lol:
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Locke » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:34 pm

You can buy the entire first season for 35 bucks on the iTunes store.
Cheaper than 60 I guess =/

And Jin didnt speak english!

Locke

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:20 pm

Locke wrote:And Jin didnt speak english!

Well, technically he did, in a dream sequence. What with the whole have a cluckity cluck cluck day bit O_o

Scariest thing is, someone on filmfodder was posting before the episode aired and they thought that the yellow thing next to Jin in the screencaps was a chicken head. And I thought the were nuts. Now I'm wondering about myself and the people at LOST headquarters.

Ah well, I'm still overly fond of Rose, and Bernard, and Sun and Jin. New (hopefully giant chickenless) eppy tomorrow night! Eee!!

the_lizardqueen

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:44 am

Did the teddy bear majorly creep anyone else out? I have a hunch as to who I think the teddy-toting "other" is. It starts with an "A" and ends with a "lex." However, I also thought I saw a younger girl (like, roughly the age of 16 years, 5 months ...) hurl the canister on the raft. I'm curious to see how they bring her into the story.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Linksquest » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:18 pm

I have just discovered the Awsomeness!!! it is THE most well done show i have ever seen! ahhhhhh! awsomness! my dad bought season one today! XD!!!! we are on episode 4... of season 1... so i will not read anything in this thread, until we have caught up... i dont want to have this awsome show spoiled!!!! yay!!! i <3 this show!!!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby shooraijin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:21 am

<monotone>I ... have ... been ... converted ... </monotone>

Guess I should add the DVDs to my Christmas wish list, though.

Incidentally, the creepiest part of the show to me was the voice that said, "ITERATION 1-7-3-4 ..."
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:15 am

Linkquest wrote:we are on episode 4... of season 1

Best.....Episode...EVER *giddy*
shoooraijin wrote:<monotone>I ... have ... been ... converted ... </monotone>

Guess I should add the DVDs to my Christmas wish list, though.

Incidentally, the creepiest part of the show to me was the voice that said, "ITERATION 1-7-3-4 ..."

Heheh. another new Lost fan/obsessee. Yay! :grin:

Iteration? Ack, is that from the newest episode? Or is my memory just getting foggy? I really need to watch the episode before my dad tapes over it..

the_lizardqueen

Postby Locke » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:31 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Best.....Episode...EVER *giddy*

Heheh. another new Lost fan/obsessee. Yay! :grin:

Iteration? Ack, is that from the newest episode? Or is my memory just getting foggy? I really need to watch the episode before my dad tapes over it..

the Iteration is from Episode Numba dos from the first season.

How do I know this? Cause I just bought that episode off of iTunes for 2 bucks.

Pretty good price to spend when your bored out of your mind and need something to do.

Locke

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:53 pm

Gypsy wrote:However, I also thought I saw a younger girl (like, roughly the age of 16 years, 5 months ...) hurl the canister on the raft. I'm curious to see how they bring her into the story.

Oo, I can't believe I haven't posted this here yet! I've attached a potentially stunning spoiler picture regarding the pirate-others and the Dharma people. It's not totally conclusive at this point but the resemblances are rather freaky:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the_lizardqueen

Postby shooraijin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:13 pm

Repeat. However, I'd not seen it before, so it wasn't a repeat for me. :grin:

The computer Locke must enter the codes into, btw, is an Apple II of some kind. They don't have "execute" keys, however.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby shooraijin » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:48 am

Double post, but I saw these links this morning. They may be old news to some of you.

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/
[spoiler]Secret link, though I can't make the movie play: http://www.thehansofoundation.org/dharma.html [/spoiler]

http://waltreversed.ytmnd.com/
Interesting. This is Walt's, um, statement reversed.

http://www.thedharmainitiative.info/

http://thedharmainitiative.org/orientation/
This actually has the Dr. Candle movie on it in QuickTime.

shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:11 am

Ok, just one more week until a new episode. (Pretty rotten of them to stop mid-season, if you ask me, wot wot.)

Something that my dad noticed about the shark: he claims that the first time they aired the episode with Michael and Sawyer on the broken raft, that an underwater pan of the shark showed a small Dharma logo. When the re-aired it, the logo was brushed out. I didn't see it, but my father is swearing up and down that it was there.

If it's true, then I'm guessing a huge plot change was made to the upcoming story, and re-airing some episodes was really a way to give them more time for script changes and post editing. Other than that, my dad just may be full of it - he's had some pretty crazy theories about Lost so far. ;)

For the record, I think that it's one of the new characters that is going to buy the farm. If it's a well-known character, then I'll wager that they'll kill Jin off.

And as far as the Walt's statement reversed, is he saying "press the button, the button's bad"? Creepy ...
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:36 pm

Gypsy, I heard from another source that the shark had the Dharma logo on it as well, so, chances are that your father might not be completely crazy! :P No, really, your thought about them doing some major script re-writing would explain this otherwise annoying and unexplained re-airing of episodes.

So, who does everyone think will be the survivor who is "lost forever?" Personally, I think it's gotta be Shannon. While this little love angle with her and Sayid is *um* touching(?), it's not legitimate cause to keep her alive. My guess is they'll use a lot of this episode to build her seeing Walt all over the place. In the end, I'm guessing Jake and most of the others on the island are going to think she's pretty much crazy, she'll figure something out and tell everyone. Unfortunately, they'll all think she's crazy, and she'll die before she can prove it.

I somewhat wonder that "the others" who took Walt aren't the same "Others" who we saw in the woods. Just a thought.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:48 pm

I agree about the Others, Osaka.

We have plushie carrying killers and boat driving kidnappers. One of these things is not like the other ...
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:16 pm

Gypsy wrote:And as far as the Walt's statement reversed, is he saying "press the button, the button's bad"? Creepy ...

Yup, that's what it sounds like to me, too.

As long as they don't kill Hurley ...

shooraijin

Postby Tarnish » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:22 pm

As long as they don't kill Hurley ...

No!! If he's gone there will be no likable characters left!
However, it is an unfortunate possibility...
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Gypsy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:35 am

I really doubt they'd kill Hurley off. Hurley and Charlie (and sometimes Sawyer [sounds like I'm listing off my vowels]) are the only comedic relief and it would be like cutting an arm off the show. Besides, Hurley's numbers are still somewhat of a mystery, meaning Hurley isn't done in the story yet.

I also think Sawyer has immunity this time as well, regardless of what they're trying to pull off with the previews. They just re-lit the Kate and Sawyer possibility with a few lines of dialogue when Kate is talking to Sun after the bottle incident. (Just when Jack and Kate were starting to act cute again, darn it.)

That being said, I'm a little nervous for Jin or Michael.
Gypsy

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:42 pm

I heard it's going to be one of the girls. My vote is Shannon. I hope they won't kill off Sun.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:44 pm

It's almost a shame if Shannon is the one to bite the dust, since it totally eliminates all of Boone's ties to the show. It just seems kinda sad to kill the whole family, not that I'm Shannon's #1 fan or anything.

All I know is that I will be boycotting if anything happens to Hurley, Locke, Sun, Jin and mebbe Rose or Bernard, and Sawyer. As for the rest, have at 'em! (tho' Mr. Eco is kinda cool..)

It probably will be Shannon, though I almost have at times found myself wishing that Charlie would go. I know, I know, hobbit hate is bad. But lately it seems like he's always yelling at my favorite characters and either calling them stupid or crazy :shady:

the_lizardqueen

Postby shooraijin » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:18 pm

Good grief.

[spoiler]Sora and Osaka, you nailed it. Shannon's our dead body. At least Boone turned up again briefly.[/spoiler]

That was a shock ending though, and sets up one very nasty plot device. I foresee

[spoiler]a violent schism between the two bands of survivors, and I bet the only winner will be the Others. I don't think Sayid[/spoiler]

will take this lying down.

I wish I had my tape recorder for Walt's latest utterance. By the way, I didn't care much for Shannon and Sayid's little moment at the beginning. :shady:

shooraijin

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:30 pm

I just finished watching Episode 6, Abandoned. *shakes head* Waaay to go Ana-lucia, somehow, I'm thinking that probably wasn't the best way to introduce yourself to the other lostaways </sarcasm> It would seem that the Ana-lucia hating camp has just gained some major ammunition against her.

I actually kinda liked Shannon during this episode, she seemed so different in the flashbacks (and freakishly young, that was some pretty convincing acting). It was interesting to see her turning down Boone's loan and desperately wanting to make it on her own, considering the way that she would take advantage of him later on. Was I the only one wanting to throw things at the prototypical evil stepmom? Evil lady crushing idealistic-naive-liddle-Shannon's dreams!!

The look on Sayid's face at the end was so heartbreaking, especially when Jin and Micheal clued in to what had happened. I'm still not totally buying the Sayid/Shannon chemistry, but it did have a bit of an impact..
[spoiler]I actually managed to call what would happen a few seconds prior, when it dawned on me that jumpy gun toting Ana-Lucia + crazy yelling Shannon probably wouldn't equal happy things [/spoiler]
Well, on the bright side, Charlie's been found out and Locke returned to his first season awesomeness in my eyes.

Er, was I the only one picking up some Claire and Locke vibes though? :eyebrow:

And Micheal's a good guy, he won't shut up when their trekking through the jungle of doom, but his insistence on not leaving Sawyer behind was pretty endearing.

Edit: Ah yes, and Walt was saying 'They're coming and they're close'

the_lizardqueen

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:48 pm

:shady: .....

[spoiler]The seconed I start to get the smallest liking for Shannon THEY KILL HER OFF! I still don't care for her character, but towards the ending it seemed like she could have changed and become a more likable character, but noooooo. They haft to kill her. ¬.¬
Sigh, Oh well, can't help it.[/spoiler]
SorasOathkeeper

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:05 am

Aww, I know your pain SorasOathkeeper, I guess it's no fun for the writers if someone goes out being hated :(

Speaking of hatred, am I the only one who still feels perfectly neutral towards Ana-Lucia? My brain keeps telling me that logically I should be plotting a painful death for her, and yet I continue to simply not mind her..

the_lizardqueen

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment