12 Angry Men

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

12 Angry Men

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:37 pm

I watched this movie in school (in the span of three days)

One of the best movies I have ever seen! (I really like crime shows and court movies and stuff) And this was excellent as well. An old movie (1957) and black and white. We watched it for my Christian Justice class.

It's basically about 12 jurors trying to decide "guilty" or "not guilty" to a murder case. If they vote guilty, the murderer gets the death penalty

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050083/ - IMDB site

starred
Martin Balsam
John Fiedler
Lee J. Cobb
E.G. Marshall
Jack Klugman
Ed Binns
Jack Warden
Henry Fonda
Joseph Sweeney
Ed Begley
George Voskovec
Robert Webber
http://www.ohiou.edu/esl/elective/film/AngryMen/people.html

*side note, In case you didn't know, John Fiedler was the voice of Piglet in Winnie the Pooh. He also passed away last June
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:46 pm

Yeah, I saw this movie once a while ago. It was very good.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:21 pm

This is one of me and Yumie's favorite old movies. Just so fascinating! This is one of my favorite characters that Henry Fonda played. *Osaka huggles movie.*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Alice » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:17 pm

I never saw it.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Puguni » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:53 am

Ah! I watched this in school too. It's like...CSI...without the technology and innuendo. It was a cool movie, except, you know, only one man was really angry.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:09 pm

We have this on DVD...it's a really good movie.
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:07 pm

Puguni wrote:Ah! I watched this in school too. It's like...CSI...without the technology and innuendo. It was a cool movie, except, you know, only one man was really angry.

the man who [spoiler]only wanted the boy executed because he was spilling his hatred towards his son to the boy in trial[/spoiler]

i think it ended really well!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Arnobius » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:14 pm

I remember reading the play in school, and I remember thinking that one juror standing up for his innocence broke the law in a few key ways that could have had the judge throw out the final verdict and call for a new trial.
Arnobius

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:57 pm

That was a good movie... It's been referenced so many times in Sitcoms, I realized it couldn't just be a coincidence, so I looked it up... It took me over a year, because I just said "Is there a movie about such-and-such" and finally my roomate told me about it. I got it on netflix, and I loved it...

"I bet you he don't even talk good english..." Hahaha!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Scribs » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:22 pm

This is one of my fvourite movies, I love how the guy who does the voice of piglet in winnie the poo is in it.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby tofusprinkles » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:43 pm

Wow. I love this movie too. I'm so glad they're using it to teach. Amazing flick.
I like stories. And santa. Blank stare.
tofusprinkles

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:26 pm

I had to watch it in a psychology class early on in college. The instructor was talking about leadership approaches. I came in a bit late, but I was able to pick up what movie it was, and what was going on.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Return to General Entertainment