The Brave Little Toaster

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Brave Little Toaster

Postby Scribs » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:26 pm

Anyone remember this classic? What little kid would not love a movie about a buch of friendly appliences who go on a journy to find their master?

I just recently aquired some of the songs to this movie via my brother, and It has occured to me that it was a movie with some rather morbid undertones. Of the 4 original songs in the movie 3 of them deal with unpleasant subjects: fear, Obseleteness, and worthlesness. And yet, I loved this movie. It was one of my favourite movies.

Anyone else like it?
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Nate » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:33 pm

I totally remember this movie! Oh man, it was classic!

They couldn't let the vacuum chew on his cord...I remember that much.

And I remember the clock radio always playing some oldies song...and the scene with the garbage muncher at the end.

Ah...I want to see it again now...

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Hephzibah » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:34 pm

o.o
I actually remember this! Can't remember the entire thing, but the main part that sticks with me the the part where [spoiler]they are about to be scrapped, and also the end where the owner is putting the toaster back together.[/spoiler]

XD Strewth, is that going back awhile
Hephzibah

Postby Scribs » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:53 pm

I have always loved this movie. It turns out that some of the people who worked on this movie are now top level people at Pixar. You can really see a similarity in the styles I think.

Another fun fact - The guy who does the voice of the vacume is the voice of tony the tiger.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby c-girl » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:52 pm

Oh I love this movie!!! >^.^< I used to watch it over and over again when I was younger!! It's a wonderful movie!
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:32 pm

I saw it a very long time ago. It was very good and I liked it very much, but I didn't see it in English. It was dubbed in Afrikaans here (by many skilled local actors though) so I can't compare it to the original cast.
bigsleepj

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:26 am

i loved this movie, i didnt like the sequel though lol

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Scribs » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:53 am

i loved this movie, i didnt like the sequel though lol
I didnt bother seeing it. It looked like one of those cheap sequels made just for the money. It was made about 10 years after the original.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby The Last Bard » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:03 am

I've never seen the movie, but I have it upstairs. Maybe I'll check it out tonight or somethin'
I mean, if all you have seen it, then it must be a pretty important part of childhood. ;)
The Last Bard

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:40 pm

Whoa! Nostalgia!
It ALWAYS used to be on Family Channel when I was younger (they'd preview channels to order, which I now actually HAVE it, but brave Little Toaster ALWAYS came on it) and wow I loved that movie! I only remember the part where Blanky got lost and I was all like "awwwwwww!" I loved that little guy!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:40 pm

Scribs wrote:I didnt bother seeing it. It looked like one of those cheap sequels made just for the money. It was made about 10 years after the original.

heh, i dont even think i saw the whole thing, i watched some of it with my little sister

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Fireproof » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:47 pm

Absolutely loved the movie. That and Toy Story were fundamental forces in shaping my childhood. The sequals were lackluster, but the original movie is a real classic. I should get the DVD version some time.
:rock:
Fireproof

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:56 pm

Fireproof wrote:Absolutely loved the movie. That and Toy Story were fundamental forces in shaping my childhood. The sequals were lackluster, but the original movie is a real classic. I should get the DVD version some time.

I heard that Toy Story 2 was a HUGE hit and probably one of the few animations where the second one's just as good, or even better. (Using Fival Goes West as an example for many... course Steven Spielburg worked on it). As for me, never seen the sequel... actually it's been a VERY long time since I've seen the orginal one!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:04 pm

OH, this is one of my favorite kids movies of all time! It was fantastic! It's been so long since I've seen it that I remember very little of the plot, but I keep thinking this one was one of those movies that made me cry as a kid. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Fireproof » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:48 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:I heard that Toy Story 2 was a HUGE hit and probably one of the few animations where the second one's just as good, or even better. (Using Fival Goes West as an example for many... course Steven Spielburg worked on it). As for me, never seen the sequel... actually it's been a VERY long time since I've seen the orginal one!

I was talking about the Brave Little Toaster sequels. Toy Story 2 was top notch.
:rock:
Fireproof

Postby Qwilek88 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:07 pm

I loved that movie when I was younger! It truly is a classic! Now, It is a topic of many inside jokes and storys of my friends and family! HAHA! Good Times! My fave character from that movie was the vacuum or the exploding air vent..teehee more inside jokeness :P
Qwilek88

Postby Scribs » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:45 pm

Yes, the AirCondtioner was probably my favorite character.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:24 pm

Man, man, man, you're taking me back! I loved that movie! It was so cool! I hated the sequal, but the original still holds a place in my heart!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby soul alive » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:31 pm

Ah, this was one of my favorite movies as a child. I haven't seen it in forever... and now I have the urge to go rent and see it again. I never have and never will see the second one, though. I think Blanky and Lampy were my favorite characters. This movie made me laugh, cry, and scared me. Ah, the memories.

And off topic - Fievel Goes West is still one of my favorite cartoon movies... XD. Such a classic. I and my friends and family back home are always quoting it to each other.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Kisa » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:06 am

wow, way back! yea this was a cute movie ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:09 pm

Haha!! I used to LOVE this movie!! Oh my gosh, the memories!! ROFL, that dream sequence with the clown totally used to freak me out. XD I used to love the Radio, and the song sequences were some of my favorites!! Maaan, thinking about that movie...Brings back LOTS of good memories! Ahh, childhood...XD

EDIT: Just wanted to thank you guys for getting that song in my head...You know, the one that all the evil appliances sing in the junk shop? Yeah. It's totally stuck in my head. Hahahaha! I wanna watch it again now! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby AngelSakura » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:36 pm

*takes a moment to fight back the urge to sing* I LOVE The Brave Little Toaster! ^^ It used to scare me some, but I really like it. My favorite part was when the chop shop guy "rescued" them from the swamp.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:50 pm

Oh, wow! Back in the day! I loved the blankie character most of all, because I was very attached to the blankie I had. And the aprt where the air conditioner teared up he was so grateful. The ending was kind of scary though. I remember being frightened about what would happen.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby TurkishMonky » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:34 pm

i loved the movie, but it was scary...
TurkishMonky

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:01 pm

TurkishMonky wrote:i loved the movie, but it was scary...

::Cocks his head to one side::

You got a point there. Each appliance (And the blanket) went through their own scare moment...

Ten pairs of Izzy's green socks to anyone who can list 'em!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Return to General Entertainment