September 29, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

September 29, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:05 am

How Many Of Your Prayers Will God Answer?

"pray continually;"
I Thessalonians 5:17

One day George Mueller looked down the streets of Bristol, England, and saw hundreds of homeless children. He was so moved with concern for them that he decided that something had to be done.

He had only two pence in his pocket. That’s two cents. But he decided to start an orphanage. In 60 years, beginning with two pence, George Mueller took care of 10,000 orphans. He looked out and saw homeless kids. He could have said, "But, I don’t have any money. But, there is no way to care for them, to meet their needs, to buy the food."

Instead, he looked at them and said, "Therefore, I will reach out and help them." And God blessed his efforts in a mighty way. He told amazing stories of answered prayers.

He kept a record of his prayers, and his prayer records filled more than 3,000 pages. His notes show that more than 30,000 prayers were answered.

One night there was no food in the orphanage to give to the children for breakfast. But at 3:00 in the morning a baker called him up and said, "I just can’t sleep. I’m going down to the bakery to bake some bread. Would it be all right for me to bring some over to you this morning?"

One time a milk truck just happened to break down in front of the orphanage on a day when they had no milk. The truck driver came in and said, "This milk is all going to spoil. Would you like some of it?" And their need was met.

Time and time again, 30,000 times in 60 years, God answered George Mueller’s prayers.

Prayer: Ask God to help you persevere in prayer.

"Persevere in prayer. Persevere, even when your efforts seem sterile. Prayer is always fruitful."
~Escriva
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Saint Kevin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:15 pm

Thanks Doc.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Return to Devotional Readings