September 19, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

September 19, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:30 pm

Overcoming With Love

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
Romans 12:21

When the first missionaries came to Alberta, Canada, they were savagely opposed by a young chief of the Cree Indians named Maskepetoon. But he responded to the gospel and accepted Christ. Shortly afterward, a member of the Blackfoot tribe killed his father. Maskepetoon rode into the village where the murderer lived and demanded that he be brought before him. Confronting the guilty man, he said, "You have killed my father, so now you must be my father. You shall ride my best horse and wear my best clothes." In utter amazement and remorse his enemy exclaimed, "My son, now you have killed me!" He meant, of course, that the hate in his own heart had been completely erased by the forgiveness and kindness of the Indian chief.

Prayer: Ask God to help you overcome the reactions of human nature and exhibit a heavenly response in all situations.

"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
~Barbara Johnson
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings