Spiderman 3 News. Prepare To Be Shocked...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Spiderman 3 News. Prepare To Be Shocked...

Postby Stephen » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:22 am

http://www.freezedriedmovies.com/news/index.php?Action=Full&NewsID=3355

Can you say Venom? Yes, thats right. Hopefully they explain him well in the film. And, hopefully the CGI they use on him won't suck.
Stephen

Postby Rocketshipper » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:38 am

3 Villians?? That seems a little much. With 3 villians they better make the movie longer, so everybody gets a good fight and character development. A couple weeks ago I thought I heard they revealed Chameleon would be the villian. Can't they make up their minds ><. And I'd heard Sam said he;d never do a movie with Venom. I wonder what made him change his mind.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:02 am

I dunno, but the kid from "That 70's Show" just doesn't look like Venom to me...I smell a joke, methinks... >.>

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby R. Zion » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:29 am

One is probably just going to be in the intro, get his tail kicked and then that's that.

Not a clue how the other two will fit together, unless they have Peter have the Symbiote to take on Hobgoblin, something happens and it goes to Brock, and then the dazzling conclusion of Spidey vs. Venom.
R. Zion

Postby kazekami » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:07 am

hmm thats a lot of villians.
Meow!

adopted by spirit-me-away and CephasVII

proud adopter of:
Azier the Swordsman, Sakura's Wings(kitty form), Sora(kingdom Hearts), Squall Leonhart(FFVIII and KH), Li Syaoran(Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles),
kurogane (Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles) blessedsolitude, Animagus24, scarletfire818, LeaChan-4ever, teen4truth, Starfire1, Kura Ookami, 1BalloonPopper, Sheenar, Dunedan, Fantasy Dreamer, starfire, zelda, Erin

I like swords. They are nice and shiny and sharp. :jump:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
KITTIES WILL RULE THE UNIVERSE!!!!
kazekami

Postby creed4 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:08 am

It seems a little hard to have venon. I thought there were only going to be three movies. They set up for Green Goblin two last movie so I don't think it will work
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Stephen » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:35 am

Joke? We'll see.
Stephen

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:47 am

Shatterheart wrote:Joke? We'll see.

Oh, I'm not denying it, bad casting decisions have been made before...such as, oh, I don't know, casting a teenage girl as Rogue.

But still, that just doesn't seem...I don't know the word, but...yeah.

Nate

Postby Ashley » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:34 am

I have to say when I started reading the comics, the moment I realized who Doc Connor was, I recognized him from Spidey 2 and knew they were setting up stuff for Venom. I'm not entirely suprised, especially since Venom is like, everyone's favorite spidey villian. Hobgobling I knew they were setting up from 2 too, since they had the whole attic scene. Sandman, now, that's interesting.

The real shocker, though, is how old James Franco looks in his non-Spidey pictures. O_O
Ashley

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:15 pm

Well, depending on which version of the origin of venom they go with, it could be interesting. I personally saw potential for both, although they'd have to be modified a bit.

I personally though it would be awsome to simply use The Lizard as the villan, as the entire story behind that is generally less known and I think is far better suited for a movie.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:42 pm

Well, I'm glad to see that it seems likely Venom will be in the movie. Assuming this article's information is correct, it will be interesting to see how they balance three different villains. The suggestion that one will appear only briefly is a likely possibility, I think.

As Shatterheart mentioned, the CGI for Venom will be highly important. They certainly have the technology to do it well, so hopefully they will.
uc pseudonym

Postby Rogie » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:40 pm

I'm kind of disappointed that Venom is going to be in Spidey 3, since he was always my least fave Spidey villain, but casting Topher Grace as him might actually work, if he can pull off the evil side of it.

And I agree that the Lizard would be a far better villain for the movies. He's not the most exciting villain, but his story is definitely interesting. Sandman will look cool in the effects, but he's just not that great of a villain to have in the third movie.

And I'm glad that they're making James Franco the Hobgoblin instead of the second Green Goblin, since that shakes things up a bit. Doesn't go along with the comics, but I think it'll work out better.

And I've heard that the Black Cat will also make an appearance to shake up Peter and Mary Jane's romance in the third movie... That would be cool for the movie plot, eh?
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Crossdive » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:56 pm

NANI! I thought that they were doing Hobgoblin (though they should have just done Green Goblin II instead and save Hobby for another film when they would do it accurately), Sandman, and maybe Chameleon or someone. Venom sounded like he was out of the picture. My question, assuming this is all true, is will they have enough budget to work on as a whole to pull of everything else, plus the large ammount of money needed for good effects on these three villains?
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:42 pm

yeah, it's gonna be hard to pull off 3 characters like that which are all going to require certain amounts of cgi to pull off, and i gotta say, i can see how the guy they picked for venom could also be a peter parker rival type, but considering how much stronger venom was compared to spidey, i think a better pick would've been the guy that plays the main character of the deadzone series, he just seems to look more like brock to me, not only that, but if they had really put any forethought into a movie with brock (or venom) in it, they should have shown like a rivalry or even brock beating peter out for a school paper story or something, but hey, that's just how i'd write it, maybe they'll have pete somehow get into the esu newspaper and compete with brock or something, just my opinion tho
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Stephen » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:17 pm

As much money as these last 2 films have made, and you guys are worried about budget? If they can't do it...there fools that have no money ability whatsoever.
Stephen

Postby Rogie » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:04 pm

Yeah, budget is definitely not a worry for them, because a Spider-Man movie will make money, not to mention get the critics raving. I'm sure the third will be just as well-written as the past two have been, if not more so (although part 2 would be tough to beat).
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:52 pm

Three villains is too much, but still I look forward to seeing Venom.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Michael » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:08 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Topher Grace as venom?! That has to be a joke!

I could name about 10 Spider-Man villains that are better then Sandman and Carnage would top the list, (along with Shocker, Scorpion, Wilson Fisk/Kingpin, Black Cat, Vulture, Hammerhead, Electro, Venom, the Lizard, and Wolverine.)

Besides, Church is playing Chameleon, not Sandman. Where do you guys get this stuff?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Rocketshipper » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:52 pm

I wish they could have the Kingpin in a Spider-Man movie, but I don't think they legally can, since he appeared in Daredevil

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:26 pm

And I come with more information after having researched.

Okay, Topher Grace IS CONFIRMED for the third Spiderman movie. HOWEVER, pretty much every site I've seen (except FDM) states that he will NOT be playing Venom. This was supported by an interview in which Sam Raimi stated that he personally dislikes Venom, and prefers the classic Silver Age bad guys.

Also, I have read that there will most likely only be two villains, with Harry coming just one step closer to becoming the second Green Goblin (not Hobgoblin as FDM reports).

The villains are still unconfirmed, but the biggest theory right now puts Chameleon as the lead for the star, and Electro or Sandman in the number two spot.

But hey, no one site really knows more than another, and they're all just theories. But with Sam Raimi's dislike of Venom, and the lack of sufficient backstory to justify Venom, I find it highly doubtful that he would be in number three...and played by the scrawny geek from That 70's Show to boot.

Nate

Postby Zane » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:08 pm

I don't think so.... Sandman is confirmed, we'll see how that works out, Hobgoblin is pretty certain, there has to be some kind of continuety between the whole 'attic scene' and the 3rd movie.
But I doubt Venom will be in the 3rd movie... I don't think that will happen, and hopefully it won't, because there would be too many characters to get into and some would be left as shallow 2-D 'villians', henchmen like Bain was in 'Batman' (he was use by Posion Ivy, when he could have had his own movie vs Batman.... he broke Batmans back for crying out loud and they made him a henchman?? what the...)

I still want the Lizard, that would be the best character to do.
Zane

Postby That Dude » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:19 pm

I agree with Zane on this. The Lizard would probably work the best.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Maledicte » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:42 pm

Zane wrote:I don't think so.... Sandman is confirmed, we'll see how that works out, Hobgoblin is pretty certain, there has to be some kind of continuety between the whole 'attic scene' and the 3rd movie.
But I doubt Venom will be in the 3rd movie... I don't think that will happen, and hopefully it won't, because there would be too many characters to get into and some would be left as shallow 2-D 'villians', henchmen like Bain was in 'Batman' (he was use by Posion Ivy, when he could have had his own movie vs Batman.... he broke Batmans back for crying out loud and they made him a henchman?? what the...)

Oh my gosh you read Knightfall! You are now my bestest friend.

I still want the Lizard, that would be the best character to do.

I thought I saw him in the second movie. Having him in this film would be the best decision.
Maledicte

Postby That Dude » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:02 pm

Yes Doc Conner (the Lizard) does have a cameo in number 2 and is mentioned in the first movie.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Crossdive » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:27 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:I wish they could have the Kingpin in a Spider-Man movie, but I don't think they legally can, since he appeared in Daredevil

Yeah, I think they'd first have to go through alot of trouble with the DD movie companies and all. But it would be cool, but ONLY if Duncan can be Kingpin anyway, nothing else feels right after he brought him to life on the silver screen like that.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Ashley » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:57 pm

I don't think it'd be that hard, unless Marvel sold all rights to whatever company. Otherwise, Kingpin was their material first and they could put him in whatever they want.
Ashley

Postby Michael » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:21 pm

I would really like to see Venom, but I kinda doubt it'll happen anytime soon. Venom requires some backstory, especially on Peter. Venome was cool because he was the only enemy to ever really scare Peter. And he wasn't really a bad guy.

Venom rocks. WHY SAM RAIMI?!?! IT ISN'T ENOUGH THAT YOU WON'T DO EVIL DEAD 4, IS IT!??! WHY?!?!?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:18 pm

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Stephen » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:41 pm

Somehow, I told ya so...just does not really capture it. *laughs* Trust me folks, when I post sources, I don't mess around. And Michael, bad news. They are gonna do an Evil Dead 4, but Bruce won't be the lead. Last I heard they were talking to Stiffler from American Pie. (I know, lets lynch Raimi)
Stephen

Postby Galant » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:10 pm

My money is on Venom. Please recall the short introduction of our astronaut friend, Jameson Jr. I realise there is some discrepancy between the various origins of Venom but he has the opening now if needed. It occurs to me that it would be good for Spidey to wear the suit for a while before rejecting it. That might well give opportunity for the defeat of some other bad guy.

So Hob-goblin, Venom, and then whomever.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

OATS - for Shoobie goodness!
Galant

Next

Return to General Entertainment