Multiregion DVD players?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Multiregion DVD players?

Postby Galant » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:53 pm

My stay in the USA may be over after 4.5 years. :( I might be moving to the UK, possibly Spain, and who knows, maybe Japan. Now the thing is, I have a few treasured DVD's from my stay in Region 1 but all of those locations are Region 2. The answer? I need a multi-region or regionless DVD player which will work for a PAL format TV, or better yet, both PAL and NTSC.

Does anyone know about the availability, cost and reliability of any such machines? Or good places to buy?

It seems many are names I've not heard of and I'd rather not get burned - no pun intended.

:)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

OATS - for Shoobie goodness!
Galant

Postby Sync » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:29 pm

the (decent) regionless players I can find unfortunately only seem to have NTSC tv support, so it may be a good idea to know exactly where you're going and to look into this at a shop/website based in Europe (or Japan like you said) if you need PAL tv support.

anyway, the JVC XV-NP10S is one that seems highly reccomended and is about $110 on Amazon.

And there's also the option of simply using your computer (either ripping the discs or using as a player) and then outputting into a TV or using the monitor.
Sync

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:00 pm

I have a program called DVD X Player that lets me watch discs from any region on my laptop. (I got it to watch JP discs)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:25 pm

Searc
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Galant » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:26 pm

Thanks, I'll check those out.

The problem with the computer option is, I'll need a new one of those also because of the power sources.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

OATS - for Shoobie goodness!
Galant

Postby Kaligraphic » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:07 pm

You could use a power converter, or you could just replace the power supply with one that handles the local standard. Just make sure you unplug the computer before messing around inside (and you'd want one with the same wattage as your present supply).
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Return to General Entertainment