The Brothers Grimm

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Ingemar » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:24 pm

The best way I can describe it is that some guys said, "Hey, let's throw in some fairy tales, Matt Damon, Heath Ledger, put it all in a blender and call it a movie." It didn't particularly call to me. Your mileage may vary.

It's not a horror, and there is humor, but it was all very childish. And that would be an insult to children.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:09 pm

I didn't
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Rocketshipper » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:01 pm

I saw it. It was ok. It had a few cool scenes, like the little Red Riding Hood scene and the first time they showed the wolf was cool. It was also fun to catch the million and 1 refrences to all the different fairy tales. I'm kind of surprised it got away with a PG-13 rating, probably would have gotten an R if it had had worse language. The 10th Kingdom is still the definitive "throw all the fairy tales together" movie ^_^.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Maledicte » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:53 pm

Volt wrote:I was hoping it would develope it's own style, rather than following something like Van Helsing, and the countless other other movie Clones that have a "we're on a Gothic quest to rid the world of fairtale monsters"

But...I liked Van Helsing...:sniffle:

I will be seeing this...sometime. Probably not in theaters since I don't have the time. But I will see it for the same reasons I saw Van Helsing: "I like Dracula! I like Frankenstein! I don't know much about the Wolf Man but I'll see it anyway! Even though it might be just as bad as LXG but who cares!"<---- I saw LXG with similar reasoning. But without that last part.
Maledicte

Postby yukinon » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:25 pm

Well, in regard to any negative reviews-I care not!

Because apparently I will be going to see this movie this week with a new friend from school. :grin:

As long as I can get a soda during the cat scene, I'll be fine. And if he doesn't tell me when it is, I will kill him.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Maledicte » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:32 pm

I heard about that cat scene. My friends said it was horrible but funny. *shrugs*

Enjoy the movie!
Maledicte

Postby soul alive » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:56 am

the movie was okay. in some regards i really enjoyed it - the fairy tales, seeing how they managed to throw bits and pieces of different brothers grimm stories into it, and the actual storyline of the movie. and it was interresting to see heath ledger play a nerdy character.

i did not like the gore that popped up throughout the movie (was it really necessary to show a rabbit being skinned?), or the 'dead-baby-joke' style of humor that popped up as well - which included the cat scene. but for the time and place it was set in, the dark, grungy thing worked.

i came away confused by how the movie treated Christianity... kind of like a tool, if that makes sense, and that it didn't really have any power against evil, that people were fine until Christians showed up... or something like that. like i said, i was rather confused, so don't quote me.

i'd give it about a 6/6.5 out of 10.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Kisa » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:08 am

I'm still gonna see it... maybe when it comes to our dollar theater ^^
It still sounds pretty interesting and I am looking forward to seeing how they play the different fairytales....
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:21 am

I saw it the other day, and I really liked it. It is kind of scary or whatever, but it's funny too. Yeah, I suggest seeing it. ^_^

Ans as for Matt Damon with blonde hair, I thought he looked a lot cuter with it... Not bad... :red: Lol
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:48 am

I saw it yesturday. I liked it. ^-^
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mikomi » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:33 am

I saw this movie a few weeks ago, and I needless to say I was a bit disappointed. The trailors were a bit misleading and made it seem(to me at least) a lot better than it truly was. This wasn't the absolute worse movie I've ever seen but it wasnt the best either.
Jesus is my light in this darkness. He is my hope.

Be still, and know that I am God. ~ Psalm 46:10~

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? ~Matthew 16:26~

~Proud member of SPAM (Some People Attempt Missions)~
Our Motto: We provide family-friendly semi-evil goodness, complete with evil pudding and pants!

When life hands you lemons, squeeze them in life's eyes.

Kagome: SIT!!!!
Inuyasha: Uhhhnnn!!! @_@
Miroku: That's right...BIG sit.

The Glomp Project (featuring Kakashi)
Mikomi

Postby Tarnish » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:22 pm

Well, I'll be seeing it tomorrow. I'm a fan of most of Gilliams works (psst...lookit my siggy!), so I hope this lives up to my expectations. If not, I will have had the experience of seeing an evil gingerbread man...

I just got back from seeing it. I was actually pretty impressed! While the acting was nothing to write home about, the plot was suprisingly good. After watching Van Helsing, I didn't have much hope for movies like this having actual stories. But I was pleasantly surprised with this one.
Rather gruesome at times, though. I wouldn't take anyone under 13-14 or so to this one. :sweat:
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Previous

Return to General Entertainment