Black Hawk Down

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Black Hawk Down

Postby Qwilek88 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:26 pm

I was curious to see if anyone has seen Black Hawk Down. It has been out for a while. My family really liked it. Though, because it is based on a true story, it was very sad. My bro has seen it 10 times. Hehe! Anyways, tell me if you have seen it and what you thought of it, please! Thanks! ;)
Qwilek88

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:44 pm

I really like Black Hawk Down. Its an incredible movie filled with good acting and such - but it is also a very dark, bitter and quite frankly violent movie. Its not a movie that you can watch too many times.
bigsleepj

Postby Qwilek88 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:50 am

Yeah. It was very violent. I haven't watched it as much as my bro who seems to have quite a fascination with the military. It mades me sad because it was true and it was very dark. Thanks for telling me how you thought about it!
Qwilek88

Postby Maledicte » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:49 pm

Personally, I loved it. Gave me a newfound respect for Ridley Scott (yes, I didn't like him at first, but...*shrugs*). Quite possibly it's the only war film I haven't a) walked out of from boredom or b) slept through. It was quick, tough and terse, and showed just how dirty battle can be without a sappy storyline (this is NOT to say that SPR had a sappy storyline). And let's not forget Hans Zimmer's awesome score.

I need to buy this on DVD. *adds to list*
Maledicte

Postby Qwilek88 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:40 pm

Yeah, It was very good! I liked the music.
Qwilek88

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:58 pm

I have it on DVD and have seen it mucho times. Love it very good ensemble cast, awesome Hans Zimmer score, keeps up the pace the whole way. It's deffinetly in my opinion Scott's best movie. And the best part about it is it's so real. It's not a cheesy post WWII style propaganda movie, but it's not insulting like Over There or Jarhead. It actually does our guys justice and isn't some cliche'd, overwrought, or just plain false piece of crap like some war movies are.

It rings even more with me because I know a guy that was there with TF Ranger 3rd Battalion. He used the M-95 Barret which is the largest sniper weapon in use, could fire accurately from a moving armored vehicle at a mile and a half with it. Can't hardly pick up a pencil now though because his arm is almost completely useless from shrapnel related injuries, shot his nerves. He was inserted with the Ranger ground force not the Rangers with Nightstalker SOAR guys, the pilots and crews in the Blackhawks and MH-6's.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Return to General Entertainment