Chess.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Chess.

Postby Uriah » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:16 pm

Anyone here like to play chess? I just started playing about three weeks ago, and can't get enough.

Sooo.. If anyone want's to play me on the msn gaming zone, or something, you can always pm me to arrange a time.
Uriah

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:19 pm

I played chess in a club last year and I was OK. It's great if you get some music to listen to; there's nothing like blarring Metallica's "Call of the Cthulu" at some kid across from you.

But yeah . . . . . . well that's about it. I don't like internet chess too much 'cause I can't always tell what the other person is thinking. And I can't scare them.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Godly Paladin » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:34 pm

I like it, and I'm good enough to beat the people around here but get stomped whenever I go to a chess club or something. So go figure. :grin:
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Lehn » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:58 pm

My dad taught me how to play when I was little(r) --- at my college the Honors Students play a tournament against the professors to raise money for charities, so I've been practicing for that.
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby agasfas » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:01 pm

I play occasionly, but not in recently. Perhaps I should take you up on the offer. I have some skill, then sometimes I mess with people using really un-orthodox moves. Sometimes it works like magic, sometimes I end up kicking myself later for it. If you have yahoo, anytime :)
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:16 am

I'm rather good to play with - I seldom win but I can give you a good run for your money.
bigsleepj

Postby Slater » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:23 am

I'm pretty good. Play anyone who PMs me for a game :3 (yahoo games is kewl)
Slater

Postby Godly Paladin » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:33 pm

Anyone interested in some sort of e-correspondence chess? Totally outdated, of course, but it would be kind of cool. ^_^
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Uriah » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:39 pm

I don't have yahoo :(..
Uriah

Postby A Cup of No » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Godly Paladin wrote:Anyone interested in some sort of e-correspondence chess? Totally outdated, of course, but it would be kind of cool. ^_^

Hey,

We got a pretty cool little system set up at TheologyWeb where I'm involved in one of the chess games. Of course the game will probably last until my grandchildren bury me, but it's still fun. I much prefer playing over something like yahoo or pogo or something. If anyone wants to play, please PM.
I'm a ninja. :eyeroll:
A Cup of No

Return to General Entertainment