Goblet of fire

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Goblet of fire

Postby aule1701 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:09 pm

As big fan of Harry Potter i am really hoping to see GOF any body else beside me the next movies should be great really dark
A person is smart people are dumb
"Perception is reality and reality is perception"- me
He who is easly amused is amused more often
He who laughs last was just to dumb to get the joke
aule1701

Postby Puguni » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:55 pm

It'd be kind of funny if the rest were Pg-13.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:02 pm

I think this movie will be pretty unfaithful to the books. Or--in other words--bad.

I think if they WERE faithful to the books, the last 3 movies would be PG-13. But they won't. J.K. ROWLING, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, KEEP US FROM SUCH HERESY!!!!
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:15 pm

Personally, I think this movie's gonna rock. I'm so excited.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby aule1701 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:27 pm

Michael wrote:I think this movie will be pretty unfaithful to the books. Or--in other words--bad.

I think if they WERE faithful to the books, the last 3 movies would be PG-13. But they won't. J.K. ROWLING, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, KEEP US FROM SUCH HERESY!!!!

Here Here i second that JK rowling i want to see what was in the books
aule1701

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:36 pm

GREAT NEWS, GUYS!! The mpaa has dubbed Goblet of Fire PG-13! Praise the Lord! That means we'll get real wizard duels and not dumbed down kiddy fare. Rock on, Goblet of Fire. Rock. On.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:21 am

I didn't enjoy this book terribly much, but I'll probably see the movie eventually. It is the 5th movie that I am waiting for. I think most of you know why.

Mangafanatic wrote:GREAT NEWS, GUYS!! The mpaa has dubbed Goblet of Fire PG-13! Praise the Lord! That means we'll get real wizard duels and not dumbed down kiddy fare. Rock on, Goblet of Fire. Rock. On.

That is probably good news. What I really want is fast duels. The previous ones were so terribly slow that it strains credulity to find them that powerful.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:15 am

uc pseudonym wrote:What I really want is fast duels.

Indeed, the minimal dueling we saw in Chamber was so strung out that it looked more like a Dragonball Z fight scene. Way too much "power up" going on. . .

Mangafanatic

Postby aule1701 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:04 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Indeed, the minimal dueling we saw in Chamber was so strung out that it looked more like a Dragonball Z fight scene. Way too much "power up" going on. . .

again i second that i wanted see real fights OOTF should have lot in it lets hope they don;t screw that up GOF should be good if they show the dragon and maze parts right
aule1701

Postby Todeskreuz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:13 pm

I'm really looking forward to this movie....I look forward to the other 3 and was sorely disappointed but the 4th book was my fav so I really hope it comes out good please....it would be so nice for once
"I cried out with no reply and I can't feel you by my side so I hold tight to what I know...your here...and I'm never alone"

"In the moon want to sleep want to sleep with the silence you heal me again, through the long and trying day you save me...in the moon I’m just veiled in the silver shining"

"Forever Love, Forever Dream, I can't walk any further, Oh tell me why, Oh tell me true, Teach me the meaning of life"

"Never change... that's what a fool would say in his dreams at the moment when you're facing the end of everything"

Adopted by: LeaChan-4ever

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Todeskreuz

Postby Myoti » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:11 pm

Dark + Magic + Action = Good.

Whether they follow the book had never really mattered much to me. If it's good as a movie, I'm fine.
Myoti

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:15 pm

Myoti wrote:Whether they follow the book had never really mattered much to me. If it's good as a movie, I'm fine.

Same here. I try to view the movies as a loose telling of the book. For Harry Potter movies, that's necessary to enjoying them because there's really no way that they can possibly fit everything you enjoyed in the book into an hour and a half or two hours. Not that they have to. . . *coughLordoftheRingscough*

Mangafanatic

Postby Yumie » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:18 pm

Like, all I can say is that with the intensity of the [spoiler]graveyard scene[/spoiler] there's no way it could have been PG. They would have had to cut out a TON in order to keep that rating. Anyways, suffice it to say I'm glad they've kicked it up a notch!
Yumie

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:23 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Same here. I try to view the movies as a loose telling of the book. For Harry Potter movies, that's necessary to enjoying them because there's really no way that they can possibly fit everything you enjoyed in the book into an hour and a half or two hours. Not that they have to. . . *coughLordoftheRingscough*

Even the third movie had to cut quite a bit (not entire plot elements, but everything felt crunched due to limited space). Because they are a different medium, the movies have to be considerably different than the books. I take them for what they are.
uc pseudonym

Postby Yumie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:40 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Even the third movie had to cut quite a bit (not entire plot elements, but everything felt crunched due to limited space). Because they are a different medium, the movies have to be considerably different than the books. I take them for what they are.

Exactly. I get so frustrated when the only thing that people can say after seeing a movie made from a book is, "Man! It was too different from the book!" The way I look at it is, if it's a good movie then forget what the book was like and accept the movie as just being a good movie and nothing more. Don't worry so much about whether or not it follows every detail from the book.

However sometimes I do get out of movies made after books that just turn out lame, and all I can think is, "They seriously should have just left that as a book and quit while they were ahead," ha ha.
Yumie

Postby Myoti » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:43 am

It's probably a good thing I hadn't read the third book in a while when I went to see the movie. Otherwise, I might've acted like everyone else who was "disappointed" with it.

I didn't remember reading "Return of the King" before seeing the movie, which messed things up a bit for me. Now, it was still an incredible movie, but they cut out the entire last scene from the book, which I considered very important to the story.
Myoti

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:22 am

I'm a bit annoyed that they're taking the house elves out entirely... I know many people are cheering, but they were sort of, um, very important to this chapter of the story... Along those lines, are they going to pull a "peeves" and adjust the stories from here on to take out winky and kreacher and dobby alltogether? I think Kreacher in particular is very important in OotP, and it would change the story drastically to remove him entirely...

Still, I'll be seeing it as soon as it comes out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:49 am

Bobtheduck wrote:I'm a bit annoyed that they're taking the house elves out entirely... I know many people are cheering, but they were sort of, um, very important to this chapter of the story... Along those lines, are they going to pull a "peeves" and adjust the stories from here on to take out winky and kreacher and dobby alltogether? I think Kreacher in particular is very important in OotP, and it would change the story drastically to remove him entirely...

Still, I'll be seeing it as soon as it comes out...

Where did you hear they were going to take house elves out? I see NO possible way of getting around this. None.

Furthermore, I think film makers must be careful what they remove, considering the unfinished nature of HP, because they'd never know when they were taking out something crucial to the plot.

*Dons S.A.H.I.T.M pin (society for the apperance of House Elves in this movie)*

Mangafanatic

Postby Yumie » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:24 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:*Dons S.A.H.I.T.M pin (society for the apprance of House Elves in this movie)*

Um, I think my dear Onee-chan meant *appearance, not *apprance, but I could be wrong on that. . .

Well, after correcting the typo, I too will wear a pin and hope that we're not disappointed.
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:37 pm

Yumie wrote:Um, I think my dear Onee-chan meant *appearance, not *apprance, but I could be wrong on that. . .

Well, after correcting the typo, I too will wear a pin and hope that we're not disappointed.

You givin' me lip!? Huh! Huh!

No, you are correct. *hands out pins*

Mangafanatic

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:37 pm

I read it on a "pre-screen" review, from a movie before the post was finished on it... I thought it may be possible they just haven't been done yet (since they are CG) but that would leave a lot of empty space that would have been identifiable as where they should have been, as well as the fact they would have been MENTIONED... Of course, it's always possible the prescreen was a hoax... That would be good, since the Moaning Myrtle scene described in the review may have bugged me a bit too...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:48 pm

Given the House Elves' apparent magical abilities, I will be disappointed if Rowling doesn't bring them in again in some manner. As for the movie, I think they could be taken out of Goblet of Fire (they have to remove something), and I don't care about it either way. It will become more difficult to make movies from the books as the books get longer (and, more importantly, more events become significant).

As for previews, I think it is always wise to take everything with a grain of salt. They can change things (though obviously not something major) at nearly the drop of a hat.
uc pseudonym

Return to General Entertainment