August 19, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

August 19, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:26 pm

Giver Of Insight

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."
John 14:26

Some have insight into specific areas.

The class of noisy boys in a German primary school was being punished by their teacher. They were assigned the problem of adding together all the numbers from 1 to 100.

The boys settled down, scribbling busily on their slates -- all but one. This boy looked off into space for a few moments, then wrote something on his slate and turned it in. His was the only right answer.

When the amazed teacher asked how he did it, the boy replied, "I thought there might be some short cut, and I found one: 100 plus 1 is 101; 99 plus 2 is 101; 98 plus 3 is 101, and, if I continued the series all the way to 51 plus 50, I have 101 50 times, which is 5,050."

After this episode, the young scholar received special tutoring from his teacher. The boy was Karl Friedrich Gauss, the great mathematician of the 19th century.

While some do have insight in areas that amaze us, we can all receive spiritual insight that comes from the Holy Spirit.

Prayer: Ask God to help you to be attentive to the teaching and leading of His Holy Spirit.

"The Holy Spirit is not just an illumination or inspiration that comes to our minds so we can see truth, He is a person who himself knows the things of God and reveals them to us."
~Dr. Fuchsia Pickett
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Felix » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:20 pm

o_o wow! That was awesome! ^_^ Thanks for sharing!
Felix

Return to Devotional Readings