Phantom of the Opera. Yes or no?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:24 am

The musical was very good but I haven't seen the movie.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:20 am

The music was love. The visuals were nice. But...somehow the movie totally left me cold. I didn't feel a whole lot of emotion while watching it. I'll probably end up buying the soundtrack though because some of the songs were just beautiful.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby kazekami » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:00 am

My feelings on the movie are that it was pretty good. I went to see a live preformance back in high school which was wonderful and I have the original london cast soundtrack. The movie threw me off a bit because they spoke some of the dilouge that had been sung previously. They also added in more from the book. Also the guy who played the phantom had the roughest sounding voice in places. I've never heard anyone sing the part like that. A friend of mine had a copy of another cast recording. So I had heard 3 other cast before seeing the film. I'd say over all it was good. I wouldn't buy it. I'll stick with my soundtrack.
Meow!

adopted by spirit-me-away and CephasVII

proud adopter of:
Azier the Swordsman, Sakura's Wings(kitty form), Sora(kingdom Hearts), Squall Leonhart(FFVIII and KH), Li Syaoran(Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles),
kurogane (Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles) blessedsolitude, Animagus24, scarletfire818, LeaChan-4ever, teen4truth, Starfire1, Kura Ookami, 1BalloonPopper, Sheenar, Dunedan, Fantasy Dreamer, starfire, zelda, Erin

I like swords. They are nice and shiny and sharp. :jump:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
KITTIES WILL RULE THE UNIVERSE!!!!
kazekami

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:18 am

I've vowed that one day I will have to see Phantom of the Opera on the stage. I have to admit that I'm having a very tough time not envying those of you that have already seen the stage production :sweat:

I also recently watched Gerard Butler in Dear Frankie and I've reached the conclusion I'm now a total fangirl. *sighs* Stoopid PoTO movie, starting me off on a new, quite probably unhealthy fixation..
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Todeskreuz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:12 am

I loved the movie....of course I've never seen it on stage *shame on me* but I just love the whole story and the music is so lovely ^^
"I cried out with no reply and I can't feel you by my side so I hold tight to what I know...your here...and I'm never alone"

"In the moon want to sleep want to sleep with the silence you heal me again, through the long and trying day you save me...in the moon I’m just veiled in the silver shining"

"Forever Love, Forever Dream, I can't walk any further, Oh tell me why, Oh tell me true, Teach me the meaning of life"

"Never change... that's what a fool would say in his dreams at the moment when you're facing the end of everything"

Adopted by: LeaChan-4ever

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Todeskreuz

Postby kazekami » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:07 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:I've vowed that one day I will have to see Phantom of the Opera on the stage. I have to admit that I'm having a very tough time not envying those of you that have already seen the stage production :sweat:

Yeah you should definatley see it. =) I was lucky I got to go. In high school the music department went to a music festival to compete in San Fransico. And we got to go see it on stage. Only professional musical I've seen. i loved it.

The movie didn't disapoint me though like Evita did. I grew up listening to my moms record of the cast with Mandy Pantakin. And the movie really sucked compared to the the records my mom had. The singing was too weak.
Meow!

adopted by spirit-me-away and CephasVII

proud adopter of:
Azier the Swordsman, Sakura's Wings(kitty form), Sora(kingdom Hearts), Squall Leonhart(FFVIII and KH), Li Syaoran(Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles),
kurogane (Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles) blessedsolitude, Animagus24, scarletfire818, LeaChan-4ever, teen4truth, Starfire1, Kura Ookami, 1BalloonPopper, Sheenar, Dunedan, Fantasy Dreamer, starfire, zelda, Erin

I like swords. They are nice and shiny and sharp. :jump:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
KITTIES WILL RULE THE UNIVERSE!!!!
kazekami

Postby Kisa » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:50 am

Havent seen the movie yet, but my parents saw the real theater production in Sydney ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Previous

Return to General Entertainment