Fast Food Commercials

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Fast Food Commercials

Postby Aeolus21 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:46 pm

Ever notice how some of the major Fast Food chains in America are stepping up the commercials to make them entertaining? Some commercials really try too hard to make the customer buy a burger (like the recent Paris Hilton\Carl's Jr. one).

So I ask, what company generates the most entertaining ads to you? I would say the Jack-in-the-Box has had some "out there" ads and some of them were pretty hilarious. Examples are the one with the guy from Philly and the more recent Ciabatta commercial.

And even a few years back, you might remember KFC had a jive-talking Colonel that was funny, yet embarrasing at the same time. :lol:
Aeolus21

Postby Maledicte » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:47 pm

I like Jack-in-the-box commercials. You forgot the Chipotle one, though. I love quoting that one.
"Chiplo-plo?"
"Chipotlitay."
"Chipoodle."
"Chipachoplay!"

In-in-Out, however, has the best commercial. All they show is their Double-double and have their little jingle in the back..."That's what a hamburger's...all about..." Because really, their stuff is so good they don't really need advertising.
Maledicte

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:09 pm

I think the Burger King chicken fry ones are close to the top of dumbest commercials ever. Not only do they have nothing to do with chicken fries, but they're too long, and the pseudo heavy metal they play sucks. Please just lose those and show 20 seconds of only delicious chicken fries intstead.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:28 pm

The Taco Bell Chihuahua Rules!
mitsuki lover

Postby Orange Kitten » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:14 pm

Jack in the Box has the longest running streak of hilarious commercials, although some of the competetors have come up with a 'few' gems themselves.

The 'chipootle' one is a fav of mine as well :)

What I find interesting the most is how years ago, commercials in general would keep away from mentioning other companies names, as to not disrespect each other. But now they blatently bash each others names.
Instead of "...much better than the leading brand..."
now its "Do you want a greasy burger from McDonalds when you can have a healthy sandwich from <insert name>..."
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby Nate » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:29 pm

Orange Kitten wrote:What I find interesting the most is how years ago, commercials in general would keep away from mentioning other companies names, as to not disrespect each other.

The most unintentionally hilarious example of which being when Hardee's first started carrying fried chicken, and had the commercial of everyone saying, "Wow, this chicken is much better than *BEEEEEEEP*!" KFC being the word that was beeped out.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Maledicte » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:27 pm

kaemmerite wrote:The most unintentionally hilarious example of which being when Hardee's first started carrying fried chicken, and had the commercial of everyone saying, "Wow, this chicken is much better than *BEEEEEEEP*!" KFC being the word that was beeped out.

*snicker*

I do remember one Carls Jr. commercial I liked...the one with the "Two out of every one million people has (insert phobia name here, I forgot), the fear of the color yellow. That means now 30 of you are running away from your TV.
Don't be a big chicken. Eat one." <---- this was for their chicken sandwiches if I remember correctly.

WINNER FOR BEST COMMERCIAL EVER...

"We love the subs...'cause they are gooood to ussss..." ~Quiznos, with the little demented hamsters
Maledicte

Postby Alice » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:43 pm

Oh, those hamsters were evil! :D

McDonalds has been marketing its ads on radio and TV to specific demographics. Children, young women, etc. (I probably haven't seen most of the ads aimed at other groups.)
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Mave » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:18 pm

Taco Bells: Guess I'm OK with that "Good to go" guy. "Think Outside the Bun" is a great slogan, IMO.

KFC: The One Dollar Deal ad isn't that great but I'm really curious to see whether the bank for buck is really what it looks like. The variety bucket ad got my attention since I would buy it.

BK: I so hate that heavy rock/chicken cross-the-road theme. I almost thought it was an ad for beer.

McDonalds: Eh...I can't really remember anything about their latest ads except for some premium roast coffee and sandwich. But they are really driving for the more upscale touch, which leaves me pretty opinionless.

Wendy's: I didn't really like the raccoons at the drive-thru.

Subway: Yeah that tactic of comparing their lower fat product with McD/any other burger joint was pretty lame.

Silver John: The shrimp in the airport security wasn't that impressive but I still like that fast food joint <-- seafood eater

Arby's: Ahhh I do like their ads in general. Hehehe my fav is the husband who's dreaming of it. XD
Mave

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:23 pm

I know this isn't really fast food, but the Pizza Hut commercials with the Muppets were funny.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Meza » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:29 pm

I like the Quiznos comercials with the talkin baby and the other one they used to have with the singing monkey puppets.
www.tuversion.com Reggaeton Cristiano
Meza

Postby Maledicte » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:39 pm

Some other good ones...

Weinershniztel (I know I spelled that wrong)--anything with the screaming running hot dog. The "Survivor" ripoff was the best. The "chili dog diet" one was stupid though.

Del Taco--Dan's pretty funny, I think. My votes go to one of the early Dan's--the "Do you have any tacos for 49 cents?" "Lemme check. No."--and the "Macho" one. But that's just me.

I have watched...too much TV :(
Maledicte

Postby Aeolus21 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:09 pm

"Ciabatta... C-I-A-B-A-(double T)-A... Ciabatta. Peace out!"

The ending to the Ciabatta commercial definately cracked me up! Honestly the "Jack" character has to be the best mascot for a fast food company. He talks, but always retains a smile at you. :lol:

Yojimbo wrote:I think the Burger King chicken fry ones are close to the top of dumbest commercials ever. Not only do they have nothing to do with chicken fries, but they're too long, and the pseudo heavy metal they play sucks. Please just lose those and show 20 seconds of only delicious chicken fries intstead.

Agreed. I'd say about 5 seconds of that commercial zoomed in on the fries (all we can see is the Chicken-man holding them). Though the next day I actually bought one of those and it didn't really taste that great. Surely that ad had over-hyped the product...
Aeolus21

Postby righteous_slave » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:21 am

Some of the Sonic commercials with the two idiots in the car have been pretty funny.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:55 am

I HATE the McD's ads on T.V.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby bbboy21 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:57 am

Dude, do you even relize how small them CHICKEN FRIES ARE? SERIOULSY avoid them, because there a darn rip off.

I always enjoy Jack's commercials, they never felt stupid, or pointing at a certain dimagraphic (Youknow Micky's going after alternitive rockers, free-spirit women, and hip-hopsters wanna-be's.) or always comparing a 6 gram Sub to a greasy hamburger,...now I miss the Taco Bell dog, he was the best....
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby Yokuo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:57 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:The Taco Bell Chihuahua Rules!

Yes! Viva Taco Bell Chihuahua!

"Yo Quiero Taco Bell!"
If you ever need someone to talk to, or to pray for you, or to disciple you, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Wow... I haven't been on here in like 2 years o_O

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
My rose is silver, instead of red!
Yokuo

Postby Maledicte » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:08 pm

"Viva Gorditas!"

Oh, and there was one good Burger King one...the spicy chicken sandwich or whatever it's called. The guy's in the office, trying to sound cool by saying "I'm SPICE-AYY!" in a weird voice...that one was pretty funny.

On a completely unrelated (well sorta, it's a commercial) topic, does anyone remember the IKEA commercial with the lamp? "Now you all are feeling sorry for that lamp. That's because you're crazy. It has no feelings. And the new one is much better."
Maledicte

Postby Ingemar » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:18 pm

One (old) Jack in the Box commercial I liked was for a club sandwhich (which I believe they don't sell anymore ToT). They showed the Earl of Sandwhich showing off his namesake food item to all the other lords, and when he introduced the Club, one of the gentlemen said, "Why is there a third slice?" He said, "SILENCE!" really loud, high pitched and overdramatically. When Jack gave showed his Club (lacking the third bun) and his employee questioned that, he also said, "SILENCE!"

I also love the Quizno's commercials. Especially of the one where they show the guy who invented pants.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Return to General Entertainment