Sky High

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Sky High

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:24 pm

Well, today, I went with my entire family to see this movie, and I must confess that it was hugglably adorable. Sweet, funny, and very cute. So, has anyone else seen this movie yet?

I loved all the [spoiler]quirky super powers. I wish I could shape shift into a Guinea Pig![/spoiler]
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:58 pm

Well, I did hear Bruce Campbell was in it... but I have no plans to see it.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Nate » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:30 pm

Impact Alberto wrote:Well, I did hear Bruce Campbell was in it... but I have no plans to see it.

BRUCE CAMPBELL?!

I changed my mind about this movie. Now I have to go see it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Arnobius » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:35 pm

I swear, whenever I see this movie title, I think it's the movie created by the director of Versus and Azumi
Arnobius

Postby Yumie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:44 pm

I expected it to be really stupid, but mom wanted to see it so we all went, and Osaka is right-- it was really cute. The acting was good, which saved the movie from crashing and burning everytime a corny line rolled around. I liked it.
Yumie

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:56 pm

Well I do love a good movie with Kurt Russel in it. *thoughts of Tomb Stone and Escape From New York enter mind* ...ehh I'll wait for a rental still.

2000 posts woot!
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby creed4 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:20 am

The movie theater charges 7.50 a person... One of the few thing I miss from Houston Tx, dallar theaters. I don't have a lot of free funds right now so I'll have wait till it gets to DVD.
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:28 pm

I saw the movie with my whole family. It was a little ridiculous, but overall, I liked it. It was worth it and I'd go see it again with other friends'
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Pent » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:47 pm

I was forced to go see it whith my family, but I ended up liking it. A mix of Harry Potter and Spy Kids, except much better then Spy Kids.
Pent

Postby Puguni » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:58 pm

I really don't have an opinion on this movie, but this reminds me of the other superhero movie Disney made once, about a guy who had no superpowers, but his whole family did. Their weakness was aluminum, which was funny.

But to make this post relevant, I wasn't too interested. Yeah, most likely to go under my rental list.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Yumie » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:06 pm

Pent wrote: A mix of Harry Potter and Spy Kids, except much better then Spy Kids.

Ha ha, that's exactly what we said! Sky High reminded me a little of Hogwarts.
Yumie

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:15 pm

What is it? o.O I haven't heard of it til now...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Return to General Entertainment