Best Batman actor

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Best Batman actor

Postby rocklobster » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:12 am

We've had several people play Batman over the years. Who do you think is the best?
rocklobster

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:20 am

Keaton. My assessment is, it's not who plays Batman, because he's just some gravelly voiced manly-man in body armour and a cape. It's who plays Bruce Wayne, and I think Keaton had the most nuanced performance.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:28 am

Its Christian Bale not Christopher Bain by the way. Christian Bale is my favourite. And not just because he has the same Christian name as me! (lol)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:35 am

I fixed it.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:37 am

Christian Bale. Keaton will always have my respect as a good Batman, but Bale nailed him perfectly.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Solid Ronin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:53 am

Pros and Cons

Michael Keaton -

+ Made a Great Brunce Wayne
- Didn't make a scary enough Batman
- Kaetons' Batman movie lacked action
+ But if memory serves right had more of a Detective feel

Christian Bale -

+ Made a Great Batman
+ Made a Good Bruce wayne
+ Had Good action AND NINJAS!!!
- Lost that Detective feel which Batman should be all about

Verdict -

Bale
Solid Ronin

Postby Stephen » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:35 am

Keaton. But Bale did do an awesome job.
Stephen

Postby termyt » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:26 am

I thought Keaton was a very good Bruce Wayne, but there's more than a cape and cowl to Batman. It's all about attitude and stage presence and I don't think Keaton had either of those.

Of the recent Batman actors, Bale has, IMHO, done the best at transitioning between the Batman and Bruce Wayne roles. Batman is the true identity, Bruce Wayne is the mask and Bale delivers on that very convincingly. I loved the scene in the hotel where he went swimming in the fountain.

Still, none of them hold a stick to Adam West. Understand that Batman was a very different character in the 60's than he is today. You should try to keep in mind that they weren't trying to make Batman scary or even intimidating. The show was campy and kind of silly at times, but Adam West played both the Batman and the Bruce Wayne roles brilliantly.
termyt

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:58 pm

Personally, I thought Micheal Keaton's portrayal of Bruce Wayne was too timid or something. He did a decent job, but...like Termyt said, he just didn't have the stage presence. Or screen presence. Whatever you want to call it XD

So, my vote goes to Christian Bale.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Maledicte » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:29 pm

I had to choose between Christian Bale and Kevin Conroy...but since the cartoon's been around longer I put Conroy first >.<

Nice of you to remember him and put him on the list, but WHY did you do that to me? *cries*
Maledicte

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:33 pm

I truly don't know. I've watched both Keaton movies and seen Batman Begins in the last 2 months but I still can't decide.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Arnobius » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:18 pm

Adam West of course was the best. Michael Keaton was the worst Batman.
Arnobius

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:22 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to say Keaton was the worst. I think that title goes to George Clooney XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:50 pm

I think I'm going to go with Christian Bale.

I haven't seen the first two Batman movies in ages, so I can't comment as to how well Keaton played Bruce Wayne (since everyone seems to say that Keaton was a better Bruce Wayne). I will admit Christian Bale wasn't a GREAT Bruce Wayne, but he was good, at least. The swimming pool scene was indeed a good scene, and the line, "Well, I'm buying this hotel, and I'm changing a few rules" sounds exactly like something a spoiled rich kid who didn't earn the money would say...and that's who Wayne is supposed to be.

I don't remember Adam West being Bruce Wayne at all. Therefore, he probably didn't do the role of Wayne very well, putting him very low on the list for me.

Kevin Conroy did an EXCELLENT job as Batman. However, ultimately acting is a bit harder than simply providing a voice, so as stellar as a job as Conroy did, I can't put him at the top.

Val Kilmer and George Clooney are just...no.

So, Bale is the top one for me, simply because I haven't seen the first two Batman movies recently (if I watch them and change my mind, I will post here to state as such).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:55 pm

Bob Kane, who created Batman, said before he died that he considered Val Kilmer to be the best Batman so far.

I think George Cloony would have been a good Batman if the movie he worked on would have been better.
bigsleepj

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:57 pm

My vote goes to Christian Bale
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Scribs » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:12 am

Holy chunks of clam, Batman!

I have to go with west, because he is most humerous.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:18 am

The whole reason I put Conroy on the list was because the cartoon version brought Batman back to his roots. It was the most faithful version ever. It even threw in some of the lesser-known baddies like Ventriloquist (loved his puppet, Scarface!), Two-Face, and Poison Ivy. We didn't see Two-Face or Poison Ivy in the movies until they appeared in the cartoon version. Okay, so I like the cartoon version better than the movie (somehow making her an eco-terrorist seemed more plausible.). And they added Harlequin to the gallery, a welcome addition. (I loved her relationship with Joker)
rocklobster

Postby SailorDove » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:54 pm

:thumbsup: Adam West got my vote.

For those who'd actually like to know why, read on...

Sure Keaton & Kevin Conroy are good, and did their parts quite well. My heart belongs to a time, when it was ok to have a little fun & beat the bad guy at the same time.

I'd take old time serial & good hearted campy to slick dark pathoes anytime.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:51 pm

Ouch, I just can't decide between Keaton and Conroy. I'll vote Conroy since he has less votes, but it's too hard to compare the two, since their categories are too different. Bale was also an excellent Batman, but Keaton will always be my favorite live action Batman. I'm surprised West has any votes. I hate how Batman used to be. He was far too cheesy and light. The Tim Burton movies made Batman into the super hero king he is today. And after the screw ups with the Schumacher films, thank God for Batman Begins.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Rachel » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:34 pm

I voted Adam West. If I ever get to see Batman Begins, I would probably have voted Christian Bale because all the commercials and previews it seemed as though he did an excellent job. Also, I used to think Adam West was pretty hot. Haha!
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby termyt » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:08 pm

Jeikobu wrote:The Tim Burton movies made Batman into the super hero king he is today.

Actually, Frank Miller made Batman who he is today in the ground-breaking series "The Dark Knight Returns." This landmark series returned Batman to the dark, brooding hero we all know today.
termyt

Postby Crossdive » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:51 pm

Kevin Conroy for animated related stuff and Michael Keaton for live-action related. Christian Bale is a very close second for live-action.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:07 pm

There is only one true Bruce Wayne/Batman and that is Adam West.
Sure today the tv series looks a bit campy,even then it was called
campy,but it was also innovative.It was literally Pop Culture.
Plus West had some of the best guest villians:Julie Newmar as
Catwoman,Meredith Burgess as The Penguin,Frank Gorshin as
The Riddler,Cesar Romero as The Joker.None of the movies could
do any better.
mitsuki lover

Postby shooraijin » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:50 pm

Catwoman was Lee Meriwether. I know, because she mentioned it in passing while being interviewed for the Mission: Impossible dossier (she had several recurring guest star appearances during the 4th season).

shooraijin

Postby SailorDove » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:53 pm

I believe you're both right. Actually there were 3 different actresses who played catwoman.

TV Show

Julie Newmar
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1391/bpVill-CatwomanJN.html

Earla Kitt
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1391/bpVill-CatwomanEK.html

TV Show & Movie

Lee Meriweather
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1391/bpVill-CatwomanLM.html
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:20 am

Eartha Kitt was also Catwoman? Wild.

shooraijin

Postby termyt » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:57 am

Julie Newmar will always be Catwoman to me. She was the best.

Lee Meriweather came in to do the movie because of some kind of conflict that still remains sketchy today.

Eartha Kit played Catwoman in the final season. She's by far the most catty of the cat women. She really played up the part well and was fun to watch.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Todeskreuz » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:00 pm

I had to choose between Christian Bale and Adam West...haha just kidding... but I think Bale made the best batman cuz he was scary as Batman and clever and sleezy yet mysterious as wayne and made it believable
"I cried out with no reply and I can't feel you by my side so I hold tight to what I know...your here...and I'm never alone"

"In the moon want to sleep want to sleep with the silence you heal me again, through the long and trying day you save me...in the moon I’m just veiled in the silver shining"

"Forever Love, Forever Dream, I can't walk any further, Oh tell me why, Oh tell me true, Teach me the meaning of life"

"Never change... that's what a fool would say in his dreams at the moment when you're facing the end of everything"

Adopted by: LeaChan-4ever

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Todeskreuz

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:26 pm

The only bad thing about the '60s Batman series I remember when I was growing up was that part of it was on opposite of Lost In Space.
mitsuki lover

Next

Return to General Entertainment