Thundercats DVD on its way!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Thundercats DVD on its way!

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:45 am

In case you haven't heard, the Thundercats DVD is here! It's got 6 discs, 33 episodes, and, well, the Thundercats. Man, that was one of my faves back in the day. Does it count as anime since it was made for American audiences instead of Japanese and was made in Korea instead of Japan?
rocklobster

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:50 am

No...I don't suppose it counts...but hey! are we going to be narrowminded and NOT watch a great series just because its not anime!!! I shall have to investigate this further....mwahahahaaaa!
bigsleepj

Postby termyt » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:07 am

I loved the Thundercats. Good stuff.

As to whether it's anime, that really depends.

If you're a purist, then there's no way you'll call Thundercats anime, but for those of use who aren't, there are a couple of things we can consider:

First off, on a technicality, all animation is "anime" since "anime" is simply the Japanese word for cartoon. It’s actually a “Japanizationâ€
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:00 pm

[quote="termyt"]I loved the Thundercats. Good stuff.

As to whether it's anime, that really depends.

If you're a purist, then there's no way you'll call Thundercats anime, but for those of use who aren't, there are a couple of things we can consider:

First off, on a technicality, all animation is "anime" since "anime" is simply the Japanese word for cartoon. It’s actually a “Japanizationâ€
mitsuki lover

Postby Stephen » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:53 pm

*drags thread to Entertainment area* *wipes brow*
Stephen

Postby creed4 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:52 pm

Cool :thumb: :thumb: :dance: :dance: :lol: :lol: :dance:
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Mr. Rogers » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:03 pm

*relient k* thundercatsss whoooaooao thudnercatss whooaooao

i guess i should watch this when it comes out so i can wear my thundercats shirt without being an 80s cartoon poser or something >__>
Mr. Rogers

Postby Knuckles » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:55 pm

Well it would be the same debate as to whether or not Rainbow Brite would be considered "anime" :p It was actually animated in Japan, so...
But that's awesome that Thundercats is coming! W00t! I've stil have yet to get the entire Jem DVD set which has been out for quite a while, but there are so many eps and it's uber expensive >_> I sooo want Jem...
too many 80's cartoons on DVD I wanna get my hands on @_@
Knuckles

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:40 pm

Knuckles wrote:too many 80's cartoons on DVD I wanna get my hands on @_@

Yet, still no He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Oh well...someday.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:47 pm

man, u guys should have seen my jaw drop when i saw that the dvd's were coming out, man, i was a hardcore thundercats fan both when they first aired on tv, and then when they made their somewhat glorious return back when toonami first started up on cartoon network, and my birthday's coming too, so guess what i'm asking for, he he he he he.....

edit: by the way kae, masters of the universe is on dvd, i saw it the other day at my local target, you just gotta do some lookin' around where the other cartoons on dvd are, happy hunting
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby rocklobster » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:39 am

My favorite episode was the one where Lion-O went through all those annointing trials. He had to challenge each Thundercat with their special talent. The best was Tigra's mind-control trial where he discovered he still was afraid of losing his home. And then there was the battle where he defeated Mumm-Ra WITHOUT the sword of omens!
rocklobster

Postby termyt » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:34 am

rocklobster wrote: And then there was the battle where he defeated Mumm-Ra WITHOUT the sword of omens!

That trial was a really bad idea, in my book. You have to defeat your greatest enemy without help and without the sword? Crazy. Is that what team work is all about? I wonder how many potential lords they lost on that one.

I would have been peeved if I was Mumm-Ra. "What, am I a joke now that you come after me with no friends and no sword?" Since Lion-O won, though, I guess he was.
termyt

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:24 am

termyt wrote:That trial was a really bad idea, in my book. You have to defeat your greatest enemy without help and without the sword? Crazy. Is that what team work is all about? I wonder how many potential lords they lost on that one.

I would have been peeved if I was Mumm-Ra. "What, am I a joke now that you come after me with no friends and no sword?" Since Lion-O won, though, I guess he was.

Hey, termyt, the dude was scared of his own reflection, for crying out loud!
rocklobster

Return to General Entertainment