Rob Roy

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Rob Roy

Postby Galant » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:44 pm

Has anyone seen the Liam Neeson movie, Rob Roy, and if so, would you mind mind commenting on it. Some say it's better than Braveheart, others quite boring. Some say harrowing, others amazing.

???
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

OATS - for Shoobie goodness!
Galant

Postby EireWolf » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:09 pm

I have seen it, and I thought it was very good. I wouldn't personally say that it's better than Braveheart, but that could just be personal preference.

I will warn you that there are some rather disturbing scenes, a rape in particular. It was not done too graphically (no nudity that I recall), but it was disturbing. There was other violence too, of course, but it had nothing on Braveheart in that category.

It's been a long time since I've seen it, or I might be able to comment more intelligently.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Lunis » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:47 pm

Rob Roy is one of my mom's very favorite movies. We got her the DVD for her last birthday. I watched it with her, because it was actually the first time I'd seen it. It was pretty good. My mom likes Liam Neeson a lot. I do too. It did disturb me a bit, but nothing I can't handle. Good movie. I'm not sure if it's better than Braveheart, because I don't ever remember watching Braveheart.
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby Arnobius » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:00 pm

I preferred Braveheart. Rob Roy wasn't too bad, but I found the rape scene rather repellant personally
Arnobius

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:02 pm

I haven't seen it.Rob Roy is based on the historic Scots bandit Rob Roy MacGregor.
mitsuki lover

Postby lionheart » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:44 pm

I didn't like it. Neeson is too stoic to make roy's character any fun, and he comes across as more of a "pretty boy" than a celtic warrior, imo. I was watching it with a friend and fortunatly we skipped the rape scene, so I can't say anything about that part. Overall the movie left a taste of dissapointment in my mouth, although the last swordfight was kinda cool.
"What kind of farmer are you who goes armed like a pirate?"-Jublain from Sackett's Land
lionheart

Return to General Entertainment