The Critic

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Critic

Postby Aeolus21 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:14 am

This was an animated series that started off on ABC, then switched to Fox, and laid to rest on Comedy Central re-runs after only two seasons. It's about a New York film critic who loves to bash movies. Very funny cartoon with some of the Simpsons producers working on it.

Has anyone seen it?
Aeolus21

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:21 am

If memory serves, there were also a few available on Atomfilms.
Link Antilles

Postby inkhana » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:46 pm

Ooooh, I love that show...XD One of the few "adult" cartoons I really liked. I wish they'd put it on more regularly in a better time slot...

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Sonic_13 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:09 pm

I've seen maybe 2 or 3 episodes years ago.

this also reminds me... has anyone seem family dog? err... was it called family dog? It might not of been called that... but it was also animated, short lived, and pretty funny =)
Not trying to start a new suhssuhsuhsss sensation
I'm just talking 'bout my jejejeh generation!
Sonic_13

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:52 pm

Yes, Link Antilles is correct, it was an internet cartoon for a VERY short period of time after its TV cancellation.

I own it on DVD, and I really like the series.

There were different animators between the two seasons of The Critic. In the first season, it was more realistic looking, and this is the better of the two styles, in my opinion. The second season was too cartoony looking for my tastes.

Again, excellent series. I wish I could remember some of my favorite scenes, but it's bee so long since I've seen it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Aeolus21 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:54 pm

Yeah I believe I have seen a few of the five minute shorts, though they will never be as good as the show itself. And I did notice the style change in both seasons (they seemed to have had bigger eyes in the second season).

There was an episode of the Simpsons where the main character of The Critic (Jay Sherman) visits the family. Has anyone seen it? Apparently Matt Groening was ticked off at the crossover that he had almost fired the writers in charge of both shows.
Aeolus21

Postby agasfas » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:27 am

Has anyone seen it?

"It stinks!"
-Jay Sherman

Yeah, I remember that show and occasionly catch it on comedy central. I actually think it's pretty funny and original. It was one of the ealier shows to poke fun at pop-culture, society and trends. Family Guy and such came much later...

But yeah, I've seen every episode. I wish the creators would have made more episodes.

There are quite a few memorable "Critic" moments I still remember. :P
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:32 am

I love this show - haven't seen all of it! :) I'll have to get me the series on DVD in other words.
bigsleepj

Postby Sonic_13 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:25 am

Aeolus21 wrote:Yeah I believe I have seen a few of the five minute shorts, though they will never be as good as the show itself. And I did notice the style change in both seasons (they seemed to have had bigger eyes in the second season).

There was an episode of the Simpsons where the main character of The Critic (Jay Sherman) visits the family. Has anyone seen it? Apparently Matt Groening was ticked off at the crossover that he had almost fired the writers in charge of both shows.

OH MAN was this the film festival one?

and now- MAN GETTING HIT WITH A FOOTBALL!!
Not trying to start a new suhssuhsuhsss sensation
I'm just talking 'bout my jejejeh generation!
Sonic_13

Postby Nate » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:22 am

"Let's just say it moved me...TO A BIGGER HOUSE! Uh oh. I said the quiet part loud and the loud part quiet."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:46 am

I saw the DVD boxset in the shops yesterday for $35 and I've heard good things about it. I'm just wondering if there are any previews or trailers for The Critic on the Internet? I've tried Google. Thanks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to General Entertainment