Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Nate » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:58 pm

Gypsy wrote:*Cheers wildly* FINALLY! Another rare person who actually paid attention to the whole story rather than a few scenes here and there! :jump:

Hey, I'm always happy to help. ^^

Besides, I should know the storyline pretty well...I've played the game from start to finish about ten times or so (and that's probably an underestimate).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:02 pm

Kae, I must admit I don't really care for you that much but I must say you have quite the insight..60 respect points for you. And I thank you for educating me

So I guess I have nothing to say now do I...

However I still wish Cloud would die..Why...Cause I must admit that I'm not much for "And they lived happily ever after" endings.
Solid Ronin

Postby Souba » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:27 pm

Hi!

kaemmerite wrote:Hey, I'm always happy to help. ^^
Besides, I should know the storyline pretty well...I've played the game from start to finish about ten times or so (and that's probably an underestimate).

I'm one of those people that didn't play the game and at first glance I thought that Cloud should be with Aeris. But I saw the dedication and love that Tifa demostraits throughout the story I couldn't help but see that she really cares more for Cloud. After that I came to like Tifa so much that I cosplayed her at a con I went to a few months ago. :) I'm definetly looking forward to seeing the completed movie hopefully within the next few months. :thumb: Come on SE hurry up!
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:53 pm

Souba that has got to be the greatest Cloud gif. I've ever seen....btw This is not offical but it seems Advent Children will be out March 14.
Solid Ronin

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:29 pm

Ronin of Kirai wrote:Souba that has got to be the greatest Cloud gif. I've ever seen....btw This is not offical but it seems Advent Children will be out March 14.

Not here it won't.:P
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:31 pm

Kaemmerite is the best. :grin: ha ha

Ronin of Kirai wrote:Kae, I must admit I don't really care for you that much but I must say you have quite the insight..60 respect points for you.

:lol: !? hahaahahaaha

Now I am embarrassed because I don't even know why that's so funny. :sweat:

But now on subject!

Ronin of Kirai wrote:This is not offical but it seems Advent Children will be out March 14.

For Japan or for North America? Ah no! Wait! I found the article, you can read on adventchildren.net:

1UP.com Reports Release Date
1UP.com are reporting a release date of 14 March for the movie. If the correct date, this would coincide with the US release date of the PSP. Until a confirmation by Square-Enix is made, we can await in anticipation.

I suppose it's for Japan~ Hmm... I hope they do good voices for the english (if they are doing voices).
RoyalWing

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:38 pm

RoyalWing wrote:Kaemmerite is the best. :grin: ha ha

:lol: !? hahaahahaaha

Now I am embarrassed because I don't even know why that's so funny. :sweat:

But now on subject!

For Japan or for North America? Ah no! Wait! I found the article, you can read on adventchildren.net:

I suppose it's for Japan~ Hmm... I hope they do good voices for the english (if they are doing voices).

I said its why its so funny.

March14 is only ten days before the American Launch of PSP...AC which is going to release a UMD version of advent children....isn't that interseting.
Solid Ronin

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:57 pm

What is UMD?

I took Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Survey. Did any one else?
RoyalWing

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:05 pm

RoyalWing wrote:What is UMD?

I took Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Survey. Did any one else?

A UMD is a type of ditgal storage like a cd or a disc.

Yes I also took the survey tho I lied about everything.
Solid Ronin

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:00 am

Wing-chan wrote:Kaemmerite is the best. :grin: ha ha

:red:

Ah, c'mon...

Well, even though it isn't my favorite FF game, FFVII was the first REAL FF game I ever played (Mystic Quest was the first, and I'm surprised it didn't turn me off to the series, honestly). Thus, even though it isn't my favorite, it will always hold a special place in my heart...which is why I like it so much. I think Yuffie is my favorite FF girl ever, which is why I cheered when I saw her in Advent Children.

Wing-chan wrote:Hmm... I hope they do good voices for the english (if they are doing voices).

They probably will...I think we had this discussion in one of the other threads. There are a lot of gamers who aren't into anime and will want English voices for the movie...but by the same token, there are a lot of gamers who ARE into anime and will want the original Japanese with subtitles. Let's just cross our fingers that Square-Enix will release a bilingual DVD in America, ne?

Nate

Postby Mi-Ru-Me » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:25 am

I heard the japanese relase date was originally november but they delayed it so that there would be a dual release on the same date for america and japan.

And I cant believe no one said anything about how cool vincent is Did you see him its awsome he has the same cloak and the bottoms frayed out from use. Dang my number two reason Im growing my hair is so I can look like how cool he looks. (number one being that at a certain length I will cut it off and donate the hair to people going through chimo theropy)

I mean he is so awsome he gets another game even dirge of cerbarus.

and did anyone notice no cait sith? Wouldnt bother me I never liked him any way.
Mi-Ru-Me

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:52 am

Mi-Ru-Me wrote:and did anyone notice no cait sith? Wouldnt bother me I never liked him any way.

Actually, Cait Sith is in Dirge of Cerberus, the game you just mentioned. He doesn't have his giant moogle, but it's unmistakably him.

As for AC, well, since Reeve doesn't have to be in hiding from Shinra anymore, I suppose Reeve doesn't really need it. Which brings me to another question, will Reeve be in AC? I don't see him in the trailers...it's a shame, too. I think a lot of people discount him simply because he wasn't a strong presence in the game, he mainly worked through Cait Sith...which is sad, really. I liked Reeve.

Nate

Postby CDLviking » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:30 am

Mi-Ru-Me wrote:(number one being that at a certain length I will cut it off and donate the hair to people going through chimo theropy)

I think that is the coolest thing I've read in this entire thread. I thank you in advance for your wonderful gift to those less fortunate.
CDLviking

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:07 am

kaemmerite wrote:*Goes off on a tangent* XD

Cloud didn't love Aeris...he couldn't have.

Who did Cloud think he was? Well, he thought he was Zack. Talked like Zack. Acted like Zack. For all intents and purposes, WAS Zack (heck, he didn't even get motion sick UNTIL he remembered who he really was).

Zack and Aeris were dating. So since Cloud thought he was Zack...it's only natural that he would be attracted to Aeris. Since Aeris loved Zack, it's only natural that since Cloud acted JUST like him, she would be attracted to him. She knew it wasn't love, though...she WANTED it to be, leading to her statement in the Gold Saucer.

"Cloud, I want to meet you."
"I'm right here."
"(I know, I know...) What I mean is...I want to meet...you."

She KNEW Cloud wasn't who he said he was, and knew she couldn't love him as he was.

Now, for support of the Cloud/Tifa relationship.

Well, first of all, why did Cloud want to join SOLDIER? He wanted to be noticed by Tifa. She never paid him any attention and he wanted to stand out.

Tifa was prepared to give up her life to look after Cloud when it looked like he would be mentally and physically disabled for life.

During the Lifestream sequence its is implied that he had deep feelings for her he could never express at the time: "......a sealed up secret...... wish......Tender memories......no one can ever know........." A large part of that sequence is devoted to him confessing his desire to be closer to her.

Finally, the way they spend the final night together alone before the assault on the Crater is suggestive of something more than just friendship.

So, if Cloud and Aeris end up together, it would be really, REALLY stupid, not to mention poor Tifa would be left out in the cold.

Sorry, but I don`t know how to copy just one line from a post. The line was:
"Cloud, I want to meet you."
"I'm right here."
"(I know, I know...) What I mean is...I want to meet...you."

Well, I had tifa and Cloud on the ride on the Golden Saucer and the most you got out of them was:

"Cloud, I wanted to know...."
"Yeah?"
"Well, it`s kind of hard with Aeris here and all but this would be the perfect time to say it."
"Say What?"

And then the ride was over and she says 'Nevermind."
So was Aeris the one in your file that is in the play with you with the dragon and you kiss her and stuff? It was Tifa with me. Maybe they match you up by how much you talked to them or what words you chose when they ask you a question.

I really want to know what the release date for Advent Children is in America. Someone said March 4th and right now it`s March 26th. Did you mean 2006?
Tommy

Postby Savior_Sora » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:18 pm

2006 wouldn't suprise me...but It's not going to be lol.

It is confirmed from Enix that it will be released on UMD first. So all you PSP owners can get first dibs. As far as a release date Enix is holding a conference on April 13th in Tokyo and another on April 15th in Osaka.

I've read that an Advent Children release date should be released, and also FFXII will be mentioned.

Go to http://www.adventchildren.net for more info on all your AC needs (My favorite site apart from CAA ^^)

I still don't pop in as much as I should as if anyone remembers me since I rarely pop in lol. Well I'll still try to keep you guys up-to-date. I just haven't read or seen anything more interesting or worthwhile posting. Usually just repeated stuff....oh well That's all for now it's bed time ^o^

OH yeah before I forget!!! The Official English AC site has been released. Go to --- http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/ --- Thats the site. It takes a while to load :(...Also...as a warning...make sure your volumes turned down or you'll be sorry ^^ :angel:
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:37 pm

Hey, I go in the chatroom there (AC.net) alot as "TomStrife". Maybe i`ll see you there.

I`ve seen the site and its ok. It moves wicked slowly. Zack looks so real, but i don`t get how there can be Zack fan girls already hen all they`ve seen is two minutes worth of him talking and one tiny glimpse of him in a picture....?

So i plan on buying a PSP when the prices cool down......yeah..
Tommy

Postby spirit-me-away » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:50 pm

I can't wait for it to come out my friend has been talkling about it FOREVER and now I'm all exited:)
[size=134]Remember: [/SIZE] Always have fun :jump: :P

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Adopter of: Kazekami
Adopted by: Shadowchild
Sister of: Teen4Truth
Brother:ky kiske
Grandaugher of: Nami
spirit-me-away

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:03 pm

When is it coming out, anyway?
Jasdero

Postby Michael » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:12 pm

Hey, there's already a thread for this movie: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=4014
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Tommy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:42 am

Release date is official.

America: Sept. 15th
Japan: Sept 16th

Both 2005. Good night.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Souba » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:07 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Release date is official.

America: Sept. 15th
Japan: Sept 16th

Both 2005. Good night.

As of late there has been a lot of updates and news on Advent Children's release, but I think it would all be too much to post it here.
So I want you guys to know about a new Ac Fansite that just opened recently http://www.ff7acmovie.com/ they have lots of up to date information and a complete report on the 25 min footage from the Canadian film festival. I wish I had got to go, but then again the reoprt with exclusive pictures is just as well. :)
Also you can see the latest trailer in their trailer sec. :drool:
Man I so want to see this movie already! :waah!:
God Bless,
Souba

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Todeskreuz » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:24 am

I've been waiting for this movie forever it seems like.....it just just hurry up and come out!!!
"I cried out with no reply and I can't feel you by my side so I hold tight to what I know...your here...and I'm never alone"

"In the moon want to sleep want to sleep with the silence you heal me again, through the long and trying day you save me...in the moon I’m just veiled in the silver shining"

"Forever Love, Forever Dream, I can't walk any further, Oh tell me why, Oh tell me true, Teach me the meaning of life"

"Never change... that's what a fool would say in his dreams at the moment when you're facing the end of everything"

Adopted by: LeaChan-4ever

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Todeskreuz

Postby RoyalWing » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:18 pm

I don't know if you all have talked about this already? There also seems to be an OVA coming out with Advent Children, that looks very exciting. "Final Fantasy VII:Last Order" is featuring Cloud, Zax (I'm very happy!), Tifa and Sephiroth, and the famous accident at Nibelheim (Sephiroth going insane, burning town down, etc. etc.)

EDIT: hmm. The OVA is seeming to come with only a certain edition of the dvd's. The "Ultimate Edition". I think on Yesasia it was.. 382$ . :shady: I don't think I will be seeing this animation soon. :sniffle:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RoyalWing

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:05 pm

September cannot come soon enough.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Todeskreuz » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:05 pm

$382??? that's....that's soo so sad....:(
"I cried out with no reply and I can't feel you by my side so I hold tight to what I know...your here...and I'm never alone"

"In the moon want to sleep want to sleep with the silence you heal me again, through the long and trying day you save me...in the moon I’m just veiled in the silver shining"

"Forever Love, Forever Dream, I can't walk any further, Oh tell me why, Oh tell me true, Teach me the meaning of life"

"Never change... that's what a fool would say in his dreams at the moment when you're facing the end of everything"

Adopted by: LeaChan-4ever

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Todeskreuz

Postby desperado » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:23 pm

i predict that version shall come with a huge or extremely detailed figurne or who kn ows what....
desperado

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:49 pm

It had better come with a set of figurines for that price.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:03 pm

Yeah. I heard about that "package". Sounds to me like square is banking off of FFVII's popularity. Which is fine. So long as they don't sell out and remake FFVII. It doesn't need one yet. Maybe on PS3, if it's everything sony claims it will be. (A console lasting 10 years? rrrriiiiiggghhhttt)
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby RoyalWing » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:49 am

FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN ADVENT PIECES:LIMITED (with 7 items)(Limited Edition)(Japan Version)

"As eagerly awaited as any theatrical feature, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children represents a landmark event for gamers everywhere. FFVII: Advent Children is not only a sequel to arguably the most popular Final Fantasy game ever, but it's a state-of-the-art computer animated film boasting over an hour of fully rendered CG animations that draw the viewer directly into the mythic Final Fantasy world! Many of the series' most beloved characters will be making a return for FFVII: Advent Children, and they've all been given stunning character redesigns by famed Final Fantasy character designer Nomura Tetsuya. p> The setting is two years after the events of Final Fantasy VII. The once-prosperous city of Midgar has been reduced to ruins by the conflict between rebel group Avalanche and corporate power Shinra, who once sought to monopolize the world's power supply at the cost of the planet's very future. The people of Midgar are still recovering, but a mysterious disease called Geostigma is removing hope as it quietly takes their lives. In the midst of this, former Avalanche member Cloud Strife returns from self-imposed solitude to once again take up the mantle of hero...
Tthe Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Advent Pieces: Limited is a spectacular limited edition DVD set featuring 7 special items:

-Cloud and Fenrir figure set
-Bonus DVD featuring the OVALast Order Final Fantasy VII, a Making Of featurette, trailers, and a featurette shown at the Venice Film Festival.
-Replica of the screenplay
-A cap
-T shirt
-A keyring/key holder with a unique serial number
-A copy of the Playstation Game FFVII International with Special Limited Edition Packaging"

That's about everything. They stuff you with so many things.. I just want to have the OVA~ :sweat:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RoyalWing

Postby Nate » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:59 am

Don't worry, American game/anime producers are notorious for holding out on us when it comes to bonus things...I bet we won't see any of that stuff you just listed. :\

Nate

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment