Liam Neeson (Batman Begins, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace etc) is Aslan!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby SnowLeopard » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:50 pm

Andrew Adamson confirmed it yesterday at comic-con.

I have a mind like a steel trap. Rusty, unsafe, and illegal in 48 states.

Forgive my idiosyncrasies, for if they did not exist, neither would I.
SnowLeopard

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:11 pm

Godly Paladin wrote:Still he chose to act in such a movie as such a person, and therefore I can't respect him as much at all.

Okay, but he does have a good voice. You don't have to respect him to enjoy his portrayal of Aslan.
bigsleepj

Postby Ingemar » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:28 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:I read some of them as a kid... hard for me to folow then. I read them as an adult and loved the Christian imagery. I really hope they don't water it down into a generic fantasy story...

This is one case in which you should hope the movie makers' greed surpasses their so-called "principles." If word got out that the movie was de-Christianized, that would mean a lot of affulent (and for that matter, dirt poor) Christians won't put their money down to see the flic.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Lehn » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:10 am

Neeson has a beautiful voice for the part ---- it has a fatherly and compassionate tone to it almost always. I think that he'll do very well.
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby Michael » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:39 am

Yay! The guy from Kinsey . . . . . I'm just kidding. I do like Neeson a lot and I'm happy he's Aslan.

The only choice that could've been better would be Kiefer Sutherland. But you knew I was gonna say that, right?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:53 am

Michael wrote:The only choice that could've been better would be Kiefer Sutherland. But you knew I was gonna say that, right?

Well, actually, if they were really ignoring the British origins of the story then Kiefer Sutherland would have been a good choice. He has a distinctive voice.
bigsleepj

Postby dragonshimmer » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:15 am

This is a bit of hearsay, but I got it from a source who's obsessed with all things this movie. I've heard that one of C.S. Lewis's FAMILY members is in this movie with a part, and therefore could keep a close eye on exactly how the movie is going to be portrayed. I heard that the family wanted it to follow the book as closely as possible, so they wanted someone on the inside scene to keep an eye on the development. So I'm thinking we don't have to worry about the religious aspects of the books being tampered with.

Like I said, hearsay, but from an obsessed fan who's generally dead on with these sorts of things.
dragonshimmer

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:22 am

dragonshimmer wrote: This is a bit of hearsay, but I got it from a source who's obsessed with all things this movie. I've heard that one of C.S. Lewis's FAMILY members is in this movie with a part, and therefore could keep a close eye on exactly how the movie is going to be portrayed. I heard that the family wanted it to follow the book as closely as possible, so they wanted someone on the inside scene to keep an eye on the development. So I'm thinking we don't have to worry about the religious aspects of the books being tampered with.

Like I said, hearsay, but from an obsessed fan who's generally dead on with these sorts of things.

Its not hearsay, its fact. The person overseeing the production for the Lewis estate is Douglas Gresham, stepson of CS Lewis. He has insured that there will be no major changes to the book and Andrew Adamson has made similar promises. So we have nothing to worry about.

If they don't live up to their promises...we'll simply sue. :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:02 pm

Kiefer Sutherland is an awesome actor! But as Aslan? I don't think so. He has the growl but not the warmth the Christ-like character needs. Can you imagine:
"Ok, Aslan you've got 24 hours to save Edmund and prevent The White Witch from reigning in Narnia."
Aslan to Ginnabrik (witch's dwarf): "I need to know where she's taking him."
Dwarf doesn't reply. Aslan kills Ginnabrik and then all the Pevensies (minus Edmund) rush in and say, "Aslan! How could you! He was our only lead back to Edmund!"
The clock is ticking....

(24 is awesome but the Chronicles of Narnia are something very different in nature) (lol)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Hephzibah » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:38 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:"Ok, Aslan you've got 24 hours to save Edmund and prevent The White Witch from reigning in Narnia."
Dwarf doesn't reply. Aslan kills Ginnabrik and then all the Pevensies (minus Edmund) rush in and say, "Aslan! How could you! He was our only lead back to Edmund!"
The clock is ticking....

(24 is awesome but the Chronicles of Narnia are something very different in nature) (lol)

XD That made me burst out laughing something hard :P :lol:
Hephzibah

Postby Zane » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:22 pm

I saw the trailer in Germany, they also had a big cardboard cut out in the Cinema aswell. The trailer looked really cool and it comes out in December over there in Europe, so AUS should be pretty close, but im sure Tintin can tell us to the minute when it comes out :thumb:

It looks good I must admit.
Zane

Postby bbboy21 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:26 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Kiefer Sutherland is an awesome actor! But as Aslan? I don't think so. He has the growl but not the warmth the Christ-like character needs. Can you imagine:
"Ok, Aslan you've got 24 hours to save Edmund and prevent The White Witch from reigning in Narnia."
The clock is ticking....

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Something only 24 can noticed
:lol:
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:49 am

bboy, thanks. Its true, 24 is the greatest tv series!
Zane, good to see you mate! Australia get The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe December 26, but it could be subject to change at the moment.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bbboy21 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:55 pm

I wouldn't exactly say its the greatest, but it's still my fav.

Well I really have nothing to say here since I never really read the books.
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby Katharine Faith » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:09 am

*squees obnoxiously until Rationality sporks me in the face*

Ahem. Yes.

The Chronicles will rock muchly, and I am a frothing Liam Neeson fan, so this just makes my day!
Katharine Faith

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:12 am

Well, BBoy, you should read the books. The movies wont come close to it (never does). But then again books & movies are on two different wave-lengths.
bigsleepj

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:29 am

Heck yes!! Liam Neeson is awesome!! I'm so glad they're getting him to do the voice, he'll be perfect for the part!! He was the only good actor in Ep. 1, lol. Until he said the line about the fish...-_- He was also really good in Les Mis, so I'm excited! Aw, but it sucks that Cate Blanchett isn't playing the White Witch...She was awesome as Galadriel!! ^_^ Anyways, tis very good news! And the books are good, guys! Read 'em!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Hephzibah » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:23 pm

Rurouni_Kaoru wrote:Heck yes!! Liam Neeson is awesome!! I'm so glad they're getting him to do the voice, he'll be perfect for the part!! He was the only good actor in Ep. 1, lol. Until he said the line about the fish...-_- He was also really good in Les Mis, so I'm excited! Aw, but it sucks that Cate Blanchett isn't playing the White Witch...She was awesome as Galadriel!! ^_^ Anyways, tis very good news! And the books are good, guys! Read 'em!

I'm actually glad she isnt playing the White Witch... exactly for the same point as you want her to be :P If she was then I would always be thinking of Galadriel, and how she was nice, if a bit weird. It would not only ruin her LWW role but also the LOTR one
Hephzibah

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:56 pm

I think Cate Blanchette would have made a great White Witch when I first heard the movie was being made in 2001. But Tilda should do a good job, but Cate is much more beautiful!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Previous

Return to General Entertainment