The One? The Dynamic Duo? The Terrific Trio? No... THE FANTASTIC 4!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby bbboy21 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:03 pm

Yes I have seen FF and I have to say it was pretty good movie. I had a feeling it wouldn't be well exactly epic but whatver...but the choice for Dr. Doom got me mixed feelings. WEll I dont know if he came from a European country or not but the thing is I think they needed a actor who could not only play as a cocky SOB but also can at the same time be daunting, mysterious, and down right dreadfull...I'm sorry but when he put the mask on and OFFICALLY called himself DR. DOom, his voice just didnt hit the dreadfulness he is suppose to be.

YOu know Johny had blond hair....so why complain about Alba and the other actor. I thought Clich hit nearly perfect with THing, always getting into problems, cant even pick up a coin...was kind of funny.And God doesn't hate him, just a blessing in disguise because those hulking powers will become in good use later on ;)

I thought despite being young WAS perfect to play Sue...I mean...maybe a little to hawt but hey she sure can look like a comic book diva :sweat:

I thought Johny was a better Johny in the movie then the comics because it so showed his arragonce being a hot head and always pulling pranks on those who have anger issues.

Overall I would of gave F4 a 3.5 out of 5. Good summer film you should see.
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby Sonic_13 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:04 pm

typical super hero movie. Nothing to new or interesting. Was kinda disappointed, you keep thinking with all the hype about things that it'd be better. or something.
Not trying to start a new suhssuhsuhsss sensation
I'm just talking 'bout my jejejeh generation!
Sonic_13

Postby yukinon » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:36 am

Fun popcorn flick, but I always expect more from Marvel. I think it was good, but they could have done better.

They had a hard job to do with me, because I've never liked the FF, and they didn't manage to get me very invested in the characters. I actually greatly enjoyed Reed, and thought the way they did the Thing was really cool. I originally had some doubts about no CGI.

At the very least, it makes me want to read the comics to see if they're any better. Hm...I AM off work today, and there's a bookstore nearby... :grin:
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Tommy » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:02 am

I heard Fantastic 4 Part Duex since a four and a two next to each other looks like a 24 so I`ll call it want I want, wil be more focused on plot than characters unlike the first movie as they were introducing the characters.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:23 pm

There are
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:06 am

Volt wrote:Fantastic 4: Revenge of _______ or something like that.

Who could possibly want revenge on the Fantastic 4? Such a mind boggling question indeed...

Aside, why would you ever have anything to do with someone named Vincent Von Doom? His name may not be his fault, but anyone who works with cutting edge science should have a certain amount of caution. Or it is possible I'm just paranoid, and most people think nothing of flying an untested spaceship into a largely unknown cosmic storm with a man named Von Doom. [Note: I haven't seen the movie, nor have I heard a great deal about it, so if I'm wrong just ignore me.]
uc pseudonym

Postby Sparrow Writer » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:56 am

The only comic book movies I've ever watched were the X-Men ones, which I love. But my mom, who is loves Ioan Gruffodd to the point of creepiness, wanted to go see it. I didn't really have any objection, since I thought it looked cool and I liked Ioan Gruffodd too (though not as much as her).

It was really good. But you can tell they're setting up for a sequel. The whole thing at the end with Doom being shipped off and the guy's computer not working.

(And at the end, when we were walking out the theater, I asked mom how she liked it (she's never watched a comic book movie or anything like it) and she says "It was ok...I was mostly staring at Reed though.")
"Ah, look, Kouryuu...the birds are returning north. Can you see? ...Kouryuu. Who do you suppose decided birds are free? They can fly wherever they choose...but if there's no branch for them to return to...they might regret having wings, don't you think? Perhaps true freedom...is having a home to return to."

~Adopted By~
Silvanis
Sparrow Writer

Postby bbboy21 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:00 pm

LOL she better not get any ideas about Mr. F now ;)
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:43 pm

[color=
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby yukinon » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:35 pm

Very detailed list there, Volt. Are you a movie fan?

I actually found Reed's character to be really likable, which is weird, because he always got on my nerves in the comics.

I've liked almost all the comic book movies I've seen, excepting Elektra and Punisher, which was ok.

I'm gonna start telling people my last name is Von Doom. And that I'm from Slavalavakia.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:58 pm

I'm a Mo
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:15 pm

I've seen the movie now. Overall, I will say it was definitely enjoyable, though I'm not yet certain if I'd actually call it a "good" movie. As usual, a variety of comments designed for those who have already seen the movie.

[spoiler]In many ways, I felt the human aspect of the characters was done fairly well. I appreciated a lot of the small things (Ben squeezing orange juice in bags, Reed still at head level after kneeling, etc).

Doctor Doom was... I think I'll merely say he was different, not necessarily worse. It doesn't feel the same for him to have super powers (and probably the best of the five) instead of merely using intelligence (though I did like that Reed's contribution was largely this, at the end). In the same way, while his voice worked well for Vincent, it doesn't sound proper coming from the mask.

One element I was somewhat disappointed in was how quickly Ben seemed to forget his wife. If they were honestly that devoted to each other, it seems ridiculous they wouldn't even give things a try (particularly given that Ben could switch back and forth if necessary).

By large, I didn't find the movie at all funny. This is primarily because the Human Torch supplied most of it, and I didn't like him (in humor style or in general). But on that subject, I have to say: "Don't do drugs!"[/spoiler]
uc pseudonym

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:47 pm

Yeah thnt]
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby termyt » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:35 am

Volt wrote:I think we can all agree, the movie was satisfactory and decant but because of the Incredible Potential that wasten't Used. It lead a lot of poeple wanting more.

I think that may have been part of the point, and I'm sure you'll get it.

[Spoiler]Knowing Doom's origin and having it be the same as the others does take some of the mystery and menace away from him, that's true. I am also not sure I'd say that it took away form the movie for me. I liked the origin just fine, it's just that Doom wasn't as menacing to me.

Doom has super powers in the comic, too, if that's of interest to you.
[/spoiler]
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Kkun » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:54 pm

I just saw it and what can I say? I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as Batman Begins or Spider-Man 2 in my opinion, but I can thoroughly say that I had a good time watching it. I thought that some of dialogue was bad, but overall, the film wasn't horrible. At least it wasn't a disaster of Super Mario Bros. proportions or anything like that. I had a good time and now want to read the Fantastic Four comic.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby yukinon » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:08 am

:lol: I liked Super Mario Bros., but I was a short, strange little person at the time.

(Not that much has really changed.)
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Rachel » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:45 pm

I saw this and I liked it okay. Some of the Thing's dialogue was pretty stupid though.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Tommy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:31 am

I still haven`t seen it.

Does Mr. Fanatastic really pop the question?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby yukinon » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:36 am

Oh my gosh. I actually can't remember. :forehead:

I'm not sure what that says about the movie. Or my normally photographic memory. :sweat:
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby termyt » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:00 am

Tom Dincht wrote:I still haven`t seen it.

Does Mr. Fanatastic really pop the question?

[Spoiler]
If you really want to know ..............................................Yes, he does
[/spoiler]
termyt

Postby Sonic_13 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:38 am

Rachel wrote:I saw this and I liked it okay. Some of the Thing's dialogue was pretty stupid though.

its so annoying how the thing took up like... 85% of the movie. Sure he could be cool and all, but it seemed to focus mainly on him bumbling around all the time.
Not trying to start a new suhssuhsuhsss sensation
I'm just talking 'bout my jejejeh generation!
Sonic_13

Previous

Return to General Entertainment