Favorite DVD Extras

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite DVD Extras

Postby Uzziel » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:05 am

What are your favorite extras on DVDs ? They can be from movies, anime,whatever,and they can be anything, commentaries , interviews, etc. anything you like . Personally I can't think of any of my favorites right now.
Uzziel

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:25 am

I like the commentaries which have a lot of info when its done well (like the commentary on the movie "Once Upon a Time in the West" which is better than the movie) but sometimes the commentators don't really add anything of value.

I also like retrospective documentaries. Most documentaries on the making of the movie were created around the time the movie was made and is nothing more than promotional material. The retrospective documentary however discuss the movie and scenes in detail and the effect a movie (especially a classic) had over the years on the careers of the director, the actor and such.
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:21 am

I enjoy almost all dvd extras but probably the behind the scenes stuff and the commentaries the most. Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs had plenty of extras!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:54 am

The Ma
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Sparrow Writer » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:32 pm

Commentaries, bloopers, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes...its all good ^_^
"Ah, look, Kouryuu...the birds are returning north. Can you see? ...Kouryuu. Who do you suppose decided birds are free? They can fly wherever they choose...but if there's no branch for them to return to...they might regret having wings, don't you think? Perhaps true freedom...is having a home to return to."

~Adopted By~
Silvanis
Sparrow Writer

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:37 pm

Hmm...Well, I really enjoy watching the making-of extras in LOTR.I even did a video presentation for Speech class using them once! XD But as far as anime is concerned, I LOVE the outtakes in Rurouni Kenshin!! ROFL, they are HYSTERICAL! Best thing is, they never get old...I was watching some of my DVD's last night and started cracking up because it was a scene I had seen in the outtakes...MAN, those are funny! XD

"Please go to Kyoto, Himura...Not only for my sake, but because my pants are so tight." -Okhubo Toshimichi...ROFL
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:40 pm

Some of the cast commentaries on the LoTR are hysterical. Dom Monaghan and Billy Boyd in the same room = insanity. I also found an easter egg on Spiderman 2, with Doc Ock doing a musical number from Fiddler on the Roof. It was...interesting :eh:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:51 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Some of the cast commentaries on the LoTR are hysterical. Dom Monaghan and Billy Boyd in the same room = insanity. I also found an easter egg on Spiderman 2, with Doc Ock doing a musical number from Fiddler on the Roof. It was...interesting :eh:

YES!! That interview with Dom Monaghan and Billy Boyd is hilarious!! Man, I lauged so hard when I watched that! And...I think I vaugely remember the Fiddler number that Alfred Molina did...Wasn't it "If I were a Rich Man?" Might've been..."If I were a rich man...Diedle deedle diedle digga digga deedle diedle dum...All day long I'd biddy biddy bum, if I were a wealthy man..." LOL, I love Fiddler! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby AngelSakura » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:02 pm

I like commentaries, outtakes, and dubbing bloopers.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:07 pm

Deleted scenes, outtakes, commentary, trailers, etc. I wish DVD's would have more easter eggs. I still always thumb over in every DVD I have when I first watch it to see if they're there.:P
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Uzziel » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:05 pm

Okay, I decided my favorite extras are probably actor interviews, especially in anime and cartoons because I like to know what the character's voices look like.
Uzziel

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:55 pm

YES!! That interview with Dom Monaghan and Billy Boyd is hilarious!! Man, I lauged so hard when I watched that! And...I think I vaugely remember the Fiddler number that Alfred Molina did...Wasn't it "If I were a Rich Man?" Might've been..."If I were a rich man...Diedle deedle diedle digga digga deedle diedle dum...All day long I'd biddy biddy bum, if I were a wealthy man..." LOL, I love Fiddler! XD

I luvs Dom Monaghan and Billy Boyd, I usually end up laughing until I'm snorting whenever they pop up on the LoTR extras. If I ruled the world, they would so do more movies together :grin:

And yup, the Spiderman 2 DVD has Molina belting out 'If I Were a Rich Man' with the tentacles clacking along like really strange castanets. I think I found it by going into the gallery and pushing up until the 'spidey sense' squiggles appeared over Spideman's head...
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:06 pm

UHF has some great toss-in stuff.

That's great about Molina. :grin:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby creed4 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:44 pm

deleted scenes
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Crossdive » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:02 pm

outtakes, deleted scenes, movie trailers, previews (for other things), commentary and interviews, production photos, making of's, etc.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:00 pm

I love gag/outtake reels.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Return to General Entertainment