King Kong Trailer!!!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

King Kong Trailer!!!

Postby Torokun » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:04 pm

@)[color=DarkGreen]}~`,~[/color]
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Torokun

Postby Natholeus » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:12 pm

AWESOME!!! I had heard that Peter Jackson was going to make it :grin:
PowerSource Youth
Awesome youth+Awesome youth pastor= Awesome youth group :thumb:

(\ /)
(o.O)?
(> <)oSilvanis:
poof! Hmmm. How will we transport the army of bunnies from Neptune?

Photosoph
Hmm.... perhaps a few of us could get glomped into ultra-bunny transport vehicles?

Thatdude: Craziness is a matter of altered perception.
Natholeus

Postby Torokun » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:15 pm

yes, Peter Jackson directed the movie with Weta leading the team for the special effects. Andy (who was the motion capture actor for Smeagol/Gollum) did motion capture acting for King Kong.
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Torokun

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:52 pm

Those special effects are sick.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:09 pm

I can definitely see the Pete Jackson influences. The movie looks pretty good, I'm thinking I'll probably try to see it shortly after it opens in theaters.

Things I'm liking about King Kong based on the trailer:

Jack Black, although he can be unbelievably crude, I still like him. School of Rock was pretty funny and Tenacious D's 'Tribute' is one of my all time favorite songs

Peter Jackson directing and the 'presence' of Andy Serkis

The last bit with King Kong vrs. the T-Rex roaring contest :lol:
the_lizardqueen

Postby Torokun » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:04 pm

you can tell the Peter Jackson influence just from the trailer? Wow...
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Torokun

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:10 pm

Mebbe it's my imagination but one of the scenes that flashed by looked like Helm's Deep, the whole map thing reminded me of LoTR as well as the sudden flash that followed. The heroine suspended on a platform scene reminded me of Isengard and the CG creatures brought to mind the Wargs and the Oliphants.

Not that I'm saying it's a recap of LoTR's though, it definitely looks like there are numerous new and original elements being thrown in :sweat:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:58 pm

Lord of the Rings doesn't represent Peter Jackson that well, except for a couple scenes where he snuck stuff in... Peter Jackson is a horror guy... He's all about monsters and really disturbing moments (I still cringe thinking about the last scene in Heavenly Creatures.) I hope that while the former is strong, he doesn't do the latter for this movie.

LotR is just a dream directing job. It was his break into mainstream... He was limited with what he could do with it and not be lynched. Now, what you MAY be seeing is WETA's influence, which will be seen in Narnia as well...

Back on topic, curse this horrible phone line and distance from the phone and cable companies... I can't even get 56k... I Only get about 21k because our lines are bad... No way I'm getting a trailer on here. It ties up the lines too long...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:13 pm

Hmm, I probably should have been more specific about the fact that I was basing my speculations entirely on LoTR, although I know the Pete has a massive filmography prior to the trilogy. I'm just too chicken to check out his earlier films (except for mebbe the Frightners) due to all the infamy he's earned as a horror director.

I suppose Pete Jackson's relationship with LoTR is kinda like Sam Raimi's with the Spiderman films. It's very interesting how the mainstream studios reign directors in..
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:15 pm

When I was down in Wellington last year I saw the boat that they used in the movie sitting in the harbour.
I've heard different stories about the level of Jackson's competency (I'd be shot for saying this in RL Auckland, because everyone's really grateful to him for bring LoTR to NZ... :lol: ) saying that he's mainly good at bringing different talented people together. Truth to tell, I don't know, but the trilogy was done really well and I'll probably go to see King Kong

For me, it would be a dream job to work in WETA after I finish up with school. They work on so many big movies and are in NZ so it would rock. Unfortunately there are way too many animators in New Zealand to be supported by our small population. Oh well. I dont have a clue what I'll do yet and that's ok with me :) .

I agree with you, Bob- I mean, before LoTR Jackson was best known for his horror movies here. I haven't seen any of them yet, but if I get the chance to I probably well just to see what its like compared to LoTR.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:42 pm

i saw that trailer this morning! i was like !!!! awesome!!!!

cant wait to see it, i think there are some vid games in the works too

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:50 pm

Not too bad looking.
I think I'll reserve judgement until I see this one.
Still looking forward to Narnia more, but that... is another thread entirely...
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says, "You know how to drive this thing?"
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Kkun » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:00 pm

That looks pretty cool. With PJ at the helm, I think it has some potential. Jack Black in a serious role is going to be something I'll have to get used to. I'm used to seeing him strung out on drugs and faking being a substitute teacher. :lol:
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Sparrow Writer » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:51 am

I determined I was going to see it the moment I knew Adrien Brody was in it!

I saw the ten-minute thing it had on tv two weeks ago. It looks cool. I have faith in Peter Jackson! But I keep imagining Jack Black as he is in School of Rock...it's so weird to see him serious!
"Ah, look, Kouryuu...the birds are returning north. Can you see? ...Kouryuu. Who do you suppose decided birds are free? They can fly wherever they choose...but if there's no branch for them to return to...they might regret having wings, don't you think? Perhaps true freedom...is having a home to return to."

~Adopted By~
Silvanis
Sparrow Writer

Postby Sesshoumaru » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:32 am

The only thing I'm nitpicking is the inaccuracy of the dinosaurs and the Rex vs. Kong fight which will be VERY INACCUARATE.
Sesshoumaru

Postby GhostPoet » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:36 am

Peter Jackson is the new Spielberg. He combines old-school hollywood with today's style and special effects. :)

I'm sure it'll be another awesome movie for him. Unfortunetly the younger MTV generation may not appreciate it as much. (in general..but not all)
GhostPoet

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:03 pm

Sesshoumaru wrote:The only thing I'm nitpicking is the inaccuracy of the dinosaurs and the Rex vs. Kong fight which will be VERY INACCUARATE.

A giant gorilla scaling the Empire State Building in the original King Kong was very innacurate. Movies dont have to be accurate and it's pretty obvious this movie isn't going for accuracy.:P
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:00 pm

Jack Bla
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Yumie » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:12 pm

Lol, I went with a group of friends to see War of the Worlds, and when the credits started rolling at the end one of the said, "OK, so the preview for King Kong was better than this movie." Ha ha ha, that made me laugh. . .
Yumie

Postby BigZam » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:29 pm

ah its going to be so weird but cool to see Jack Black in a serious role.
gone for good...
BigZam

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:43 pm

I'll never understand why people won't see a movie just because a certain actor is in it, but it's not my problem.

King Kong looks pretty cool. Saw the preview when I saw War of the Worlds.
Shao Feng-Li

Return to General Entertainment