The One? The Dynamic Duo? The Terrific Trio? No... THE FANTASTIC 4!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The One? The Dynamic Duo? The Terrific Trio? No... THE FANTASTIC 4!

Postby Tommy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:27 am

Ok, I saw this move coming for a long time and finally it`s here.

With their awesome Spiderman, their boring-as-the-underworld Hulk, and their cool X-men as well as many others can Marvel pull it off with their most "Fantastic' comic book series? Well, I want to see it but I`m not sure if "Batman Begins" would be better....

While, I`m not a huge fan of this series it`s pretty good. I just hope the movie doesn`t completely ruin the comics....The Human Torch seems wicked cool in this movie.

Do you guys plan on seeing it?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:42 am

It's going to be very hard to do the excellent comic series justice, but I think it might be a good summer action flick. The cast is very good--except for Jessica Alba who doesn't look anything like Sue Storm--so it might turn out OK.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:50 am

I know the Fantastic Four came before The Incredibles, but The Incredibles was done so well and is so funny that I doubt The Fantastic Four can measure up - they are too similar. The trailer I saw for it was terrible. But better than the Lavaboy and Sharkgirl trailer or whatever its called.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Kkun » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:15 am

I really hope that Marvel hasn't dropped the ball in a big way with the Fantastic Four. I don't think it stands a chance against Batman Begins, but like Michael said, it could be a good summer action flick. It's going to be sad if this ends up being completely horrible, because the new Ultimate Fantastic Four comic book is fantastic. Well, we'll see.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:27 am

I've always liked the Fantastic Four as a comic book that wasn't afraid to have some necessary exposition or use big words (even if they made them up). We'll have to see how well they handle the movie. From the trailer, I have some hope for Doctor Doom, but no real opinions about anything else. However, I do intend to see it at some point.
uc pseudonym

Postby Arnobius » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:41 am

I don't have much hope from the trailers. It looks like a typical summer movie long on sfx and short on story.

I did like reading the reprints of the old comics (60's vintage) and haven't seen it for many years, so maybe someone could tell me-- since when did the Invisible Girl gain offensive powers evidenced by the trailers? She was pretty much pure defense when I was reading it.
Arnobius

Postby SwordSkill » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:02 am

Tom Dincht wrote:...their boring-as-the-underworld Hulk

Actually I liked the Hulk. Partly because I liked the manner they reconstructed Bruce Banner's memory, and mostly because I love looking at Eric Bana. XD

Yeah, I'm definitely watching Fantastic Four. Don't know why, but I have a bit of a soft spot for the four, maybe because I grew up watching them, and there's something about their camaraderie that I can't seem to find in X-men.

As an aside, though...I think that Sin City is still the best comic-to-movie EVAH.
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby Tommy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:19 am

Warrior4Jesus: It`s SharkBOY and LavaGIRL but I SERIOUSLY don`t hold it against you for getting them mixed.

The Incredibles?! Sure, a good superhero movie for Pixar, but not my fave. I`m not sure how good Fantasic 4 will be so I`m just gonna wait to see it until I compare it with Incredibles.
Tommy

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:07 pm

Fantastic Four, Hulk, and both X-men screenplays were written by... David Hayter...

OK, game fans, anyone know who that is? The ONLY voice in video game voice acting (not counting people playing themselves or something like that) the voice of Solid Snake and Naked Snake. The one they ended up NAMING Solid Snake after (his "real" name is David) Yeah, that's right, that's who wrote these movies. I never saw Hulk, but X-men was great. He had great respect for the comics and treated them like viable stories.

Of course, I was never interested in Fantastic Four, but I hope it does well, because if it doesn't Hayter will be have two flops in his name... That's not good... He may not get the Metal Gear screenplay written if this movie screws up... Of course, he has other projects besides the Marvel stuff, but these are what he'll be known for...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:19 pm

I really liked the show fantastic four that was on tv... such awesomness

this movie looks quite promising!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Fantastic Four, Hulk, and both X-men screenplays were written by... David Hayter...

OK, game fans, anyone know who that is? The ONLY voice in video game voice acting (not counting people playing themselves or something like that) the voice of Solid Snake and Naked Snake. The one they ended up NAMING Solid Snake after (his "real" name is David) Yeah, that's right, that's who wrote these movies. I never saw Hulk, but X-men was great. He had great respect for the comics and treated them like viable stories.

Of course, I was never interested in Fantastic Four, but I hope it does well, because if it doesn't Hayter will be have two flops in his name... That's not good... He may not get the Metal Gear screenplay written if this movie screws up... Of course, he has other projects besides the Marvel stuff, but these are what he'll be known for...

David Hayter was involved with comics WAY before he did MGS, I think he wrote some, and my dad said he was pretty good. X1, X2, and The Hulk were good movies as well, plus early reviews of FF look good too, and Hayter is a pretty experienced writer so I'm not worried too much about it. Hayter is also writing and directing the Black Widow movie.

In short, Hayter rocks.

And so do the FF comics.

As an aside, though...I think that Sin City is still the best comic-to-movie EVAH.

Yep. At least, it was the truest.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby SnowLeopard » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:22 pm

*points to avatar

I love the FF and plan on seeing the movie as soon as I can. :) :) :) :)

BTW, sue can project force fields in the comics.

I have a mind like a steel trap. Rusty, unsafe, and illegal in 48 states.

Forgive my idiosyncrasies, for if they did not exist, neither would I.
SnowLeopard

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:03 am

SnowLeopard wrote:BTW, sue can project force fields in the comics.

I was aware of that, and aware that she does use them for a variety of things, but does someone more familiar with the Fantastic Four remember if she ever used them offensively? I'm guessing they made her use them to attack in this movie to make her character less passive.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:18 am

That tends to happen... It is very likely a PC thing, though not definately...

As an example, If the genders in Sailormoon were reversed, an american movie would likely be closer to the orignal manga because they'd want the Tuxedo Mask-like character (a female in the gender reversed realm) to be more kick butt... If one were made, however, that kept the genders normal, they'd want Tuxedo Mask to play less of a role because they'd view his character as somewhat sexist, being needed to save the girls who don't need men of course... PC calls for lessening of the men and increasing of the women's characters The initial controversy over Harry Potter, for instance, wasn't about the witchcraft or use of Nazi imagery, but the Male protagonist... Rowling was attacked by some hard-core feminists that said making a male protagonist was leaving the women behind again, and being neglectful of them and somehow akin to preventing a girl from feeling worth something... Because of a male protagonist... O_o... I gotta say, hearing all of the books and movies and such that blast my gender, I do feel really bad and like I can't get anywhere because if I do it will be because of some lording thing or manipulation or bias... Since Bias is ONLY for the white, Christian, straight male... *ahem* And by that I mean to say I'm tired of the PC thing...

So, yeah, that probably means David Hayter is going the PC route... I still think it's cool that the voice of Solid Snake(David)/Naked Snake(Jack) did the screenplay to two very successfull movies... The PC elements are almost expected... I'm rather used to them, sorta...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Tommy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:38 am

One thing we`re missing from Marvel I exopected to see a while ago: Captain America.

One thing I find cool, is how they connect all the Marvle comic book plots or at least the most they can.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Stephen » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:47 am

A Cap America movie would rule! As long as they got someone good to play the part...and not like, Christian Slater....
Stephen

Postby SnowLeopard » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:54 am

Captain America just recently got the green light, or so I've heard.

SnowLeopard

Postby Ingemar » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:57 am

Michael wrote:In short, Hayter rocks.

Yeah, but I saw him on Animal Planet the other day. He doesn't sound as tough as he does in MGS. But his MGS voice is pretty silly, anyway.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Tommy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:14 pm

Jim Carry would make a great Captain America.....XD
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:10 pm

I'm die
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:57 pm

Michael wrote:It's going to be very hard to do the excellent comic series justice, but I think it might be a good summer action flick. The cast is very good--except for Jessica Alba who doesn't look anything like Sue Storm--so it might turn out OK.

Jessica Alba is extreamly pretty but I agree seeing her as Sue Storm just doesn't fit However I also don't care for Mr. Fantastic...He looks to young.

I must say Im not very excited about this movie the reasons begin:

I don't care for the Fantastic Four
I don't care too see tons of special effects.

HOWEVER!!! I must say *appulad them on not using a CGI The Thing.

*However you say that.
Solid Ronin

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:14 am

:snif
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:12 am

Volt wrote:Gosh... i can never find a favorite Actor, I'll never be able to fill out my yahoo profile completely, there's always parts missing :(

maybe Russel Crowe? Mel Gibson? Maybe Tom Hanks? Robin Williams? Those actors I like ^^

However i don't like actresses... they always try to overglamour themselves and be all pretty and hot and make men drool

Russel Crowe = Great... he showed tremendous leadership in Gladiator... and he seems SO righteous and awesome and stuff in Cinderella Man... yadda yadda
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:25 am

My dad wants to see this one for his birthday, but I have little or no hope that this film will be worth the price of admission. Just hearing the lines the Invisible woman delivers in the trailer makes we want to stick cotton balls in my ears. Furthermore, it's pretty obvious that her character is going to be all about the sex appeal. As one of my friends said as we were passing by the bigger than life cardboard stand up avdertisement "Oh, look at the Invisible chick. She's saying 'Let's see how much I can get my bust to pop out of this outfit!!'"
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Sesshoumaru » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:37 am

^Judging before the movie ain't to fair is it?

Anyway like Spider-Man I'm REALLY excited about this film.
Sesshoumaru

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:40 am

Jessica Alba IMO....is hot.... and as long as she isn`t all "Look at me I`m so sexy" as the person said before she might make a good role because in the comics she really isn`t a sex-symbol. And it seems like there maybe romance in this movie bwteen MR.F and her which is against the comic books. I remember she liked the Human Torch. Hollywood today, it always has to be the main guy that falls in love. Wasn`t Mr. incredibel like mid 30s and Torch and Invisible were mid 20s?

Either way, if it came down to her and Jessica Biel who would you choose?
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Sesshoumaru » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:09 pm

Well, both are hot.
Sesshoumaru

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:35 pm

Yes, true, but Biel doesn`t belong in action movies.

I.E. Stealth and Blade Trinity.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Sesshoumaru » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:39 pm

What the- what are you talking about?

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't really her thing but she was great in that. As well as she was great In Blade /// and will be great in Stealth.
Sesshoumaru

Postby SnowLeopard » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:05 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:. And it seems like there maybe romance in this movie bwteen MR.F and her which is against the comic books. I remember she liked the Human Torch. Hollywood today, it always has to be the main guy that falls in love. Wasn`t Mr. incredibel like mid 30s and Torch and Invisible were mid 20s?

In the comics, the invisable woman and the human torch are siblings, not boyfriend and girlfriend.

SnowLeopard

Next

Return to General Entertainment