Batman Begins

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Zilch » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:41 am

Michael Caine as a butler? For some reason, I can see him doing that. His sarcasm is about the best in Hollywood.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:31 pm

^_^ Actually, I read an article on him yesterday, and he actually grew up in that environment. His mother was a cook, and he used to help her and everything. I thought it was kind of funny that he actually used to be a butler/servant type person! ^_^ Anyways, I'm off to see this one my second time in about 30 minutes, so bye!
/\ /\
^_^
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:28 pm

I just saw "Batman" today coincidentally and I think Michael Keaten was good and they should`ve kept him and not use George Cloony. That guy is NOT a good Batman.

Can`t wait till I see this movie! It looks breathtaking and really interesting.
And there`s swords.
Is the villian like a druglord or robber or something corny like that because RK told me I would`nt see any villian from the comic books. Or is it a new villian?

I heard something about a scarecrow.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:45 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:I just saw "Batman" today coincidentally and I think Michael Keaten was good and they should`ve kept him and not use George Cloony. That guy is NOT a good Batman.
I didn't really think any of the actors cast as Batman in the movies from the 80's and 90's was a very good fit for the character]s the villian like a druglord or robber or something corny like that because RK told me I would`nt see any villian from the comic books. Or is it a new villian?[/quote] Having not read all of the Batman comics, I can't say whether the villains from this movie were ever in them; however, they were featured in Batman: The Animated Series. At any rate they are neither nameless goons nor villains that have been featured in other Batman movies.

I was impressed that the director didn't try to turn the movie into a political propaganda piece (as so many other recent movies have been). There's nothing here but Batman at his finest.
cbwing0

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:19 pm

Is the villian like a druglord or robber or something corny like that because RK told me I would`nt see any villian from the comic books. Or is it a new villian?

Can't say who the real villain is. Saying so will ruin the whole thing. I will say this...You won't be expecting it! Scarecrow is in it, but...*shuts mouth to ward off spoilers* Just go see it. I'll say nothing more. :x
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:16 pm

i just saw it in an imax theater, personally i thought it was better than the others, yes, even the first one (the best out of all the others), i'm already planning on going to see it again as soon as the opportunity presents itself, man that was like straight outta the comic book too, rock on bats!!
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Technomancer » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:05 am

I just saw it last night, and it was a really great flick. My only complaint really is that the writers need to remember that the human body is mostly water too.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:23 am

True Technomancer. The thought had crossed my mind as well during the movie. But aside from that: I loved this movie! Much better than any of the other Batmans. I truly hope they continue this series.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Sesshoumaru » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:24 am

Saw it last night, the best Batman movie ever. The acting was fantastic.
Sesshoumaru

Postby Kenchii » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:49 am

Awesome movie. Christian Bale (Batman) is very talented, some parts reminded me of Equilibrium. This is how a "Batman movie" is suppost to be like. :D
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Ingemar » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:36 pm

What amazed me was that Gary Oldman was NOT the villain (see my profile pic). The Batman actually made me feel the psychological effect of an unstoppable night terror. The fact that the fight scenes did not look clear and clean really helped this.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:40 am

^ . . . . . . and no nipples on the bat suit . . . . .
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:01 am

Michael wrote:^ . . . . . . and no nipples on the bat suit . . . . .

Lol that was ridiculous with Clooney.:lol:
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Kkun » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:04 am

Yojimbo wrote:Lol that was ridiculous with Clooney.:lol:

Yes, we can assume from Clooney's bat suit that Batman was constantly cold. It was in the movie with Mr. Freeze, too! Oh ho!

...stupid bat nipples.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:28 am

Kkun wrote:Yes, we can assume from Clooney's bat suit that Batman was constantly cold. It was in the movie with Mr. Freeze, too! Oh ho!

...stupid bat nipples.

Holy Frozen Bat Nipples Batman!
Azier the Swordsman

Postby VioletEyedCat » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:43 am

NOOOO! The only thing that helped me get through the previous Batman movies was Michael Gough as Alfred!!! He was the man. I do enjoy Michael Caine, but not as a butler. He's just not Alfred. Michael Gough is. Sigh...

View the true Alfred:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby Maledicte » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:33 pm

The Scarecrow needed a hat. That's my biggest problem.

Oh, and also hardly any Watanabe. That's all.
Maledicte

Postby Rita » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:03 pm

I have to say that I have never seen any of the previous Baman movies, I've never seen the shows, or read the comics, or had anything to do with Batman. I never had any interest in him. However Talame convinced me to go see the movie the other day, and I really enjoyed it. Almost enough to watch the other Batman movies exceot that people keep saying the others are not very good.
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment...Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-5
Rita

Postby Ingemar » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:22 pm

Rita wrote:Almost enough to watch the other Batman movies exceot that people keep saying the others are not very good.

The effects of the original movies are very hackneyed compared to Batman Begins. And seriously, Michael Keaton as Batman? He's not as convincing as Christian Bale. I won't even get into the train wreck that was Batman and Robin.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby SwordSkill » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:56 am

I think Batman Bale could have used a little less growling.

But Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman. Man. XD They stole the show for me.
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:36 am

SwordSkill wrote:I think Batman Bale could have used a little less growling.

I thought that made a lot of sense. He wanted to intimidate people, so he acted (and dressed) like a monster. He also had to make an effort to disguise his voice (he changed his voice significantly while in-costume) in order ensure that people wouldn't immediately guess that he was Batman. Everyone always asks, "why can't people tell that Clark Kent is Superman?" It's a plothole in lots of superhero movies, and it is nice to see that it was avoided in Batman Begins.
cbwing0

Postby Hephzibah » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:23 am

Rita wrote:I have to say that I have never seen any of the previous Baman movies, I've never seen the shows, or read the comics, or had anything to do with Batman. I never had any interest in him. However Talame convinced me to go see the movie the other day, and I really enjoyed it. Almost enough to watch the other Batman movies exceot that people keep saying the others are not very good.

Yes, I convinced Rita to go see it... although there was alot of "I didn't even want to see this thing, and I payed the most of all of you to go so if I don't like it you guys have to pay me back" :P

Anyway, I watched Batman Returns the other day after seeing the new Batman, and strewth... THE NEW ONE IS SO MUCH BETTER! I actually preferred the new Alfred (I really like Michael Caine, esp after watching Second-hand Lions) and the new Bruce Wayne seemed more human than the others.

For example, in the older movies Batman rarely got a scratch, unless he was fighting the main bad guy. The new one? He falls, bleeds, goes "oompf" when you punch him, etc. AND the batmobile is really really cool XD I want one of those for Christmas!

Btw, I loved his techie-guy too; Morgan Freeman. Finally there is a good explanation for his cool gagdets in the movies!
Hephzibah

Postby SwordSkill » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:33 am

cbwing0 wrote:I thought that made a lot of sense. He wanted to intimidate people, so he acted (and dressed) like a monster. He also had to make an effort to disguise his voice (he changed his voice significantly while in-costume) in order ensure that people wouldn't immediately guess that he was Batman. Everyone always asks, "why can't people tell that Clark Kent is Superman?" It's a plothole in lots of superhero movies, and it is nice to see that it was avoided in Batman Begins.

Actually I thought it was more of to reinforce the whole Dark Knight of Terror image that Bruce Wayne as Batman was aiming for (as well as the graphic novels), but the disguise explanation definitely makes sense as well. My bone with it is that I think it didn't quite pull off effectively ^^;;...I kinda ended up getting amused during those moments (kinda like a "Nice try, but..." sort of thing). I can imagine the number of lozenges he'll have to take after a night spree. XDD To Batman Bale's credit, though, I liked the explanation for his arm guards/blades. That was nicely and subtlely done.
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:39 am

This movie was so cool. I always thought Batman had a lot of potential to be awesome, and then here comes this movie, which was pretty awesome!

Also, um...if they did make another movie, who in the world would be the Joker? o.O
ShiroiHikari

Postby Michael » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:03 pm

Mark Hamill!! I kid you not.

I liked how Bale went from growly Batman to Bruce Wayne to idiotic drunken millionare Bruce Wayne and then back to growly Batman.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Maledicte » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:37 pm

Michael wrote:Mark Hamill!! I kid you not.

Holy cow! someone still remembers that series.

For the voice, he's got it. Not sure about the looks though...but that's why there's white makeup.

I would have picked Jim Carrey, but they already wasted him in Batman Forever.

What about Johnny Depp? I mean, think about it: he's got comic sensebilities (POTC, Benny and Joon), can pull off the white makeup and dark lips (edward Scissorhands), and can wear purple (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). MAybe...
Maledicte

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:10 pm

I can't believe it, this movie was so much better than I thought it would be (I saw it on the 20th, just haven't gotten to posting about it until now). I expected a ***, **** at best, and got a *****. This is probably just as good as the Burtons in it's own right. Though it can't capture that dark feel and the special magic of the Burton films, it's a great movie on its own, in a different way than the others. This was a very pleasant surprise.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Ashley » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:59 pm

I have never been a huge comic nerd, so I had very low expectations for the movie. All I knew was it was a new Batman movie with Liam Neeson. I was a little shock at how dark/scary it was, but it was hardly a bad film at all. I may see the next one, which is rumored to have Mark Hamil as Joker, which I'm actually for.
Ashley

Postby Kkun » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:07 pm

SirThinks2Much wrote:Holy cow! someone still remembers that series.

For the voice, he's got it. Not sure about the looks though...but that's why there's white makeup.

I would have picked Jim Carrey, but they already wasted him in Batman Forever.

What about Johnny Depp? I mean, think about it: he's got comic sensebilities (POTC, Benny and Joon), can pull off the white makeup and dark lips (edward Scissorhands), and can wear purple (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). MAybe...

My friends and I were discussing that and we definitely think Johnny Depp would be the perfect Joker. They absolutely need to get him. He'd be amazing.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:12 pm

Ashley wrote:I have never been a huge comic nerd, so I had very low expectations for the movie. All I knew was it was a new Batman movie with Liam Neeson. I was a little shock at how dark/scary it was, but it was hardly a bad film at all. I may see the next one, which is rumored to have Mark Hamil as Joker, which I'm actually for.

o_O

Wait, where did you hear this? I had no idea a new movie had been announced this early. Yes, i actually think Mark Hamill would make a great Joker, but it sounds more like a possible hoax more than anything right now.

Off topic: Anyone ever seen Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker? I saw this the other day.... it was the BEST animated Batman movie I've ever seen. HINT: Watch the uncut version.
Azier the Swordsman

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment