Fasting from Anime/Manga?

Talk about anything in here.

Fasting from Anime/Manga?

Postby Mave » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:08 pm

I don't know how to make polls but I was just curious to know how many of you have fasted from Anime or manga whenever there's a need to. Sometimes I do that to check to see how obsessed I am with it.
Mave

la lala la la

Postby senjutsu » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:13 pm

O_o err...umm...NO. due to health concerns,i must have about 2-3 hours of anime/manga time all to myself. Or so says my self-appointed counseler. his name is ustujnes. i'ld trust him with my health and well being.
-Tenjou Tenka Yuiga Dokuson-
senjutsu

Postby inkhana » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:23 pm

I've thankfully never had to do something like that, but I think that if you spend much time with it, you definitely should just to be sure you have your priorities in the right order. ^^

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:24 pm

Sometimes we have check ourselves before anything becomes an idol, whether it be anime or even CAA. Heres to tell if you need to fast, if you spend hours watching anime and only speak to God at suppertime. You need to priortize (you can't buy off God with anime when it is time.) Don't think I don't have problems with this... I must be honest and tell everyone that I am a weak Christian. It has been years since I was saved yet I still have not felt his spirit. Pray for me.

Edit: Inkhana, you beat me to it. :shady:
Lochaber Axe

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:33 pm

Actually, fasting everything (food, entertainment, (name potential god in your life)) is a good thing... It helps get your priorities striaght... Also, you can do it with a purpose, and pray for something specific (but really believe in what you're expecting) that may require the extra effort of a fast...

Even if you're just fasting the anime and manga, and just doing it because it's become a god in your life, it's a great thing... As long as you're doing something to get closer to God, and not just depriving yourself for the sake of depriving yourself... Spend some of that time praying and reading and askig the Lord to show himself in what you're doing and you'll be doing good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to General