What movie are you watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon May 02, 2005 8:29 am

Along Came A Spider (suspense thriller with Morgan Freeman) very good movie but only for those 15 and over.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Stephen » Mon May 02, 2005 10:07 am

Jason Takes Manhattan.
Stephen

Postby Maverick » Mon May 02, 2005 11:33 am

I am going to watch the new star wars. I just watched a Trailer on it.. and just so you guys know, I officially have a new reason to live.

:D
All sin can do is threaten us with death, and that's the end of it. Grace, because God is putting everything together again through the Messiah, invites us into life--a life that goes on and on and on, world without end. - Rom. 5:21 (Msg) :cool:

"The men's and women's bath switch at 10." :dance:
Maverick

Postby Stephen » Mon May 02, 2005 12:03 pm

I am so stoked for Episode 3. Pretty much at this point...having read a review of a guy who has seen it. (For those curious, check out Arrow In The Head) If you don't like Episode 3...your just not a Starwars fan. For those whiny fans who bashed Episodes 1 and 2, this is going to topple Empire. Just wait and see. Though I suppose there will always be fans so blinded by fanboy/girlness that nothing will ever touch it. *eye roll*
Stephen

Postby Scribs » Wed May 04, 2005 7:02 pm

Repent O ye who loves episodes 1 and 2!
I holdout no great hopes for episodes, though I do look forward to it on the off chance it is decent.

I just watched Waiting for Guffman. I love that movie.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Stephen » Wed May 04, 2005 11:58 pm

Watched a King Of The Cage MMA dvd yesterday
Stephen

Postby bigsleepj » Thu May 05, 2005 12:08 am

Thunderball
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Stephen » Thu May 05, 2005 9:42 pm

Watching UFC 51 tonight. Main event Tito Ortiz vs Vitor Belfort
Stephen

Postby Locke » Fri May 06, 2005 5:14 pm

In Good Company (Best movie soundtrack since Garden State)
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Sesshoumaru » Sat May 07, 2005 1:15 pm

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of The Jedi
Sesshoumaru

Postby Stephen » Tue May 10, 2005 9:10 pm

Caught 2 films in the theater today.

Kingdom Of Heaven- 2/5 (way to much filler....movie was too long and not enough action...still an ok film though)

House Of Wax- 3/5 Not for the faint at heart. Gory violent and freaky horror movie. It was pretty cool though.
Stephen

Postby c.t.,girl » Tue May 10, 2005 10:33 pm

*starts singing* The Phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind...
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Scribs » Wed May 11, 2005 12:03 pm

Alls Quiet on the Western Front
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Stephen » Thu May 12, 2005 10:54 am

Watched King of The Cage 3 last night. I've got like 30 some hours of KOTC fighting....
Stephen

Postby c.t.,girl » Thu May 12, 2005 7:45 pm

heehee still watching Phantom of the Opera...*sings* think of meeee, think of meee fooondlyyyy, wheeen wee've said goooood byyyyeee...

XD
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby SquareEnixGamR » Fri May 13, 2005 12:59 pm

hum.....just watched Nausicaa of the valley of the wind. a great Miyazaki film, like most of his. and thats ALL quiet on the western front. dont listen to helms.^^

have a good day!
SquareEnixGamR

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri May 13, 2005 10:30 pm

Just finished "Shall We Dansu"

Great movie. I am still not used to Japanese humor yet... It seems more natural in Anime form, but to see it with live actors... Anyhow, the insight into Japanese culture and the quirky Japanese humor was interesting. The story was pretty good, but a couple of the actors could have, um, been replaced with better ones, heee... Like the daughter...

I'm really mad at a friend of mine for preferring the american one just because it's "hipper" aka more american... Meh... I need to see "Abre Los Ojos" so that I don't have to be a hypocrite about this... (that's the original movie that got remade into "Vanilla Sky")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Stephen » Sat May 14, 2005 8:49 pm

Watched this earlier with some friends.

Pride FC Total Elimination 2005

Very boring for an MMA show. Hardly any exciting fights on the whole show. Big disapointment. Wanderlei Silva and Hidehiko Yoshida provided the only excitement.
Stephen

Postby Scribs » Sun May 15, 2005 5:31 am

I saw Hichhikers Guide again last night, and this time I stayed for the bit after the credits.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Stephen » Sun May 15, 2005 3:06 pm

Watched some more King Of The Cage. One of the refs actually had a fight which was cool.
Stephen

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun May 15, 2005 11:37 pm

darn it... I didn't stay for after the credits on Hitchhiker's guide... What'd I miss? It wasn't that bad, but I don't feel like watching it again... It's definately better than the BBC version... Which makes me wonder: Is Disney just buying up BBC's titles? Are we going to see Dr. Who on the big screen any time soon?

Anyhow, just finished Spanglish... I liked it! I was glad it didn't have the ending I thought it was going to. I was affraid of what it would be like after Adam Sandler's last attempt at drama... Punch Drunk Love was crap, but Spanglish was good. Anyhow...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Yojimbo » Mon May 16, 2005 12:41 am

I saw Kingdom of Heaven a couple hours ago. It was pretty good overall. It's come a bit late in the game though of epic war movies. Braveheart, Gladiator, and LoTR have already been done and overshadow it. But hey I've always been interested in the Crusades and to see a big budget movie about it was a good thing for me. And Ridley Scott directed it so another good one to add to his roster.

Edward Norton as King Baldwin and Ghassan something as Saladin had the best performances with Jeremy Irons doing a good job too. Orlando Bloom is meh....ya can't really connect with the guy like ya can with Russel in Gladiator.

Just watched Appleseed too. But I was dozing off and on through the whole thing so I can barely remember anything. Good action scenes and nice cel shading, whatever the heck they did, animation. As usual cheesy dialogue, melodrama, and filler dialogue.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Rita » Mon May 16, 2005 1:09 am

The last movie I saw was 3 Dollars, which is a new Austrain film so most of you wont have even heard of it, although if you like Lord of the Rings, the main character was played by the guy who played Faramir. It was a pretty good movie, although there was a little bad language.

Talame and I are probably going to see Kingdom of Heaven on the weekend. It sounds good.
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment...Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-5
Rita

Postby Scribs » Sat May 28, 2005 8:27 pm

I just saw the first part of empire falls.
It was rather depressing.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Tue May 31, 2005 6:26 pm

I recently saw Star Wars: Return of the Sith and Monster-in-Law in the theaters, and today I rented Pitch Black and Chicago so I should be seeing those soon.
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Scribs » Tue May 31, 2005 6:28 pm

I saw the second part of empire falls. It was really quite good, but not a happy movie.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Stephen » Tue May 31, 2005 10:52 pm

I watched part of Tombstone today at a friends house. Caught it on Showtime. I own the DVD...but its been a while since I have watched it. What an amazing film. Val Kilmer was awesome in the film...and all around, Tombstone has to be one of the best Westerns of all time.
Stephen

Postby Kkun » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:49 am

So, my friend Sarah lent me The Emperor's New Groove and says I have to watch it if I want to borrow her Samurai Deeper Kyo DVDs.

It's been six months.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:10 am

The 1927 German movie "Metropolis." With English subtitles. Very good movie!
Before that I saw Revenge of the Sith at the cinema.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Scribs » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:23 pm

I am watching a movie about some russian bishop and the pope.
I cant remember what it is called.
I think it is something like "the shoes of the fisherman" or something like that.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment