Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu May 26, 2005 4:55 pm

Ashley wrote:Didn't anyone else freak out to know the ladder went underground--like where the security system was? O.O

Overall the opened hatch is pretty, really, extremely spooky, and I'm not entirely sure why. Let alone when you factor in the underground security system thingy.

I also can't help wondering how they plan to get down the hatch, maybe they'll just jump? Or use a rope? Is it even big enough for them to fit? And what about erm...larger people like Hurley?
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu May 26, 2005 7:54 pm

Ashley wrote:Didn't anyone else freak out to know the ladder went underground--like where the security system was? O.O

It's a hatch in the ground.

What direction would it go, up?
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Ashley » Thu May 26, 2005 8:14 pm

No, but it could be part of a complex--like only a LITTLE underground.
Ashley

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu May 26, 2005 8:48 pm

It might still be only a little underground. But if it was just below the surface, more of it would be exposed than just the hatch.

Actually, it looked to me more along the lines of a sewer access tunnel or some such - given how the flare worked out, it would be just their luck for it to actually be a sewer line. (I'm not saying I think it is - but if it was, maybe that wasn't actually a security system...)

But sewers, subways, and stuff like that are typically not built just below the surface - usually it's a little bit down, and access tunnels take a few feet to reach. That's pretty standard for building anything underground - among other things, having a few feet of dirt helps reduce the visual impact, keeps the roof from weathering, allows you to use a more rounded roof for better weight distribution, and is basically regarded by engineers as a good thing. (as a rule of thumb, larger things are usually a bit deeper than smaller things)

--Post cut short for food--
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu May 26, 2005 10:41 pm

I'm not going to read the spoilers. I just want to know what no. episode Australia is up to. We had the polar bear attacking Walt (the boy) in the latest episode. Any help?
Thanks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 27, 2005 10:43 am

For those that are already suffering from Lost deprivation, I found a really interesting Lost related link:

http://www.oceanic-air.com/

And for those confused by the link (I was), here's some interesting speculation about it:

http://filmfodder.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/2071074421/m/9081071841

Evidently there's hidden easter eggs on the oceanic site, I definitely know what I'll be doing tonight ^_^
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Namelessknight » Fri May 27, 2005 2:52 pm

Here's my thots on my BLOG

Spoilerfilled, etc. Which is why I blogged it and linked. Feel free to comment on it too :)
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat May 28, 2005 2:44 pm

Oo, coolcoolcoolCOOL!!!!

I found a sorta preview for Season 2!! If you go here-

http://www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm

And then click Hurley's numbers, 4 8 15 16 23 42, in that order in the bottom row, the preview should load up. It's rather cryptic and it doesn't show much, but I'm still all giddy over it.

Seats on the chart will also turn green when ya click around, leading to a bunch of random photos, pop ups and effects related to the characters (i.e. Sayid's passport). I wonder what the preview meant by
[spoiler]they're NOT the survivors they thought they were :eyebrow: [/spoiler]

the_lizardqueen

Postby Ashley » Sat May 28, 2005 3:46 pm

Holy crap, the screeching noise at the end of Locke's seat thingy made me jump out of my skin. I'm too freaked out to keep clicking around...
Ashley

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat May 28, 2005 4:23 pm

ROFL!! XD I know it made me jump too. But thats the only one that makes that kinda of noise *that i have got so far*
SorasOathkeeper

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat May 28, 2005 4:49 pm

Oops! I kinda had my speakers off the first time I went through, so I didn't notice the sudden blast of ear piercing static :sweat:

Um, you guys didn't have your speakers too loud, did you?

the_lizardqueen

Postby Namelessknight » Mon May 30, 2005 11:38 am

Here's some more stuff I got from my cousin, a complete Lost fanatic:

[Quote=Maureen]
- Of course if you would rather chat with the writers/actors/producers along with the nicest bunch of Lost fans on the net, I would head over to [url]www.thefuselage.com[/url]

And then if you want to see the ramblings of a real online nut job, check out the French lady’s spoiler puzzles at
http://www.livejournal.com/users/the_french_lady/
and her papers at
[url]http://www.thefrenchlady.com/[/url]
I have no clue who this person is, but she’s reputed to have never been wrong, and based on some of the stuff she has predicted, she gets copies of the scripts early on in the whole production process. And her puzzles are fun in a maddening way.
[/quote]

I haven't actually checked out the above sites, cause it is just too much work, in my mind, but she, my cuz, really went on about them. So I suspect I will be checking them out. No withdrawal symptoms yet tho.[ you have no idea how many problems those links gave me inputting them. livejournal one i just gave up trying to do in italics. blah...]
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby Kireihana » Tue May 31, 2005 8:56 am

Wait. The security system is underground???

I liked the finale. I knew it was going to end in a cliffhanger, but still! Ah! When's the first season coming out on DVD?
Kireihana

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue May 31, 2005 10:31 am

Kireihana wrote:Ah! When's the first season coming out on DVD?

SEPTEMBER 6th!!! *giddy*

I got my info here, as always ^_^

http://www.filmfodder.com/tv/lost/archives/001417.shtml

the_lizardqueen

Postby Kireihana » Tue May 31, 2005 4:43 pm

Here's another cool site, along the lines of the Oceanic-air one only it's Charlie's band, driveSHAFT. http://www.driveshaftband.com/index.html
Kireihana

Postby Ashley » Tue May 31, 2005 5:47 pm

I can't believe they think Flight 815's been taken up by aliens! :lol:

And yay! Charlie's birthday is only 6 days after mine! *O* 6 months? Wow, I think island time must be a little different than normal earth time or something. Maybe they really DID go up with the aliens. O.o
Ashley

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:43 pm

Ah yes, the official Driveshaft fansite, it's slightly mindbending (I keep lapsing and thinking is it real?) but it very muchly rocks ^_^

So I came across an interesting post when I was surfing the Lost boards. Someone made the point that Sawyer may have run into trouble when Hurley was putting together a census against the flight manifest. The authorities that put Sawyer on the plane knew his real name, so reason would seem to indicate that he would be listed on the flight manifest under his real name. So when Hurley asked Sawyer about the census, two things could have happened. Either:

a) Sawyer was upfront and told Hurley his real name. Which seems unlikely since he tends to be mysterious/incredibly difficult, he totally misled Kate with the letter and I just doubt that he would let Hurley in on something like that. oooor..

b) Sawyer naturally responded with the alias that he has been using for so long and Hurley didn't question the response because
[spoiler]The real Sawyer, who wrecked our Sawyer's life, was on the manifest and he must have been on the plane!!!! But since there aren't two Sawyers in the census, the real Sawyer would have to be dead, missing or with the rest of the plane's tail section.[/spoiler]
Still, all of this speculation does tie in neatly with the whole destiny concept in the show, and the idea that everyone was deliberately brought to the island. And if the castaways were to find more survivors, including Sawyer's namesake, it would definitely introduce a massive conflict.

I'd love to hear any other opinions on this theory, it still kinda confuzzles me.

the_lizardqueen

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:36 am

Wow! Just had Jin and Sun's episode and it was so sad! Pretty good though. I noticed when Jin goes into the guy's house that the guy's little girl is watching tv. It shows a person climbing into a car. The person looks like Hurley. I reckon it could be. Would be a nice bit of trivia for the fans. How many episodes to go?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Ashley » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am

Oh geez, a lot. Maybe like 7 or 8? Plus "The Journey" which was actually kind of cool. And yeah, we noticed the Hurley too! XD
Ashley

Postby Rachel » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:25 pm

Guess I picked the wrong time to jump into this thread. Ah well. I like Lost okay. I really like how they use flashbacks to build the characters. Some of the writing and acting isn't that great though. Like the little kid and his dad, terrible actors. My favorite character is Charlie. He's pretty cool.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:08 pm

Don't mind me, just draggin' this thread up from the unfathomable depths of the second page ;)

SAYID AND LOCKE GOT EMMY NOMINATIONS!!! WHOHOO!!

Normally, I don't really follow the Emmys, but I was so happy to see Terry O'Quinn and Naveen Andrews getting some recognition. The only nitpick I might have is the fact that they're both up for supporting actor, and I tend to think of Locke as a lead. Oh well, I'll still totally have to watch the broadcast now :grin:
Rachel wrote:Some of the writing and acting isn't that great though. Like the little kid and his dad, terrible actors.

Micheal's a wee bit annoying as a character, but I don't think the actor is too bad. And I've definitely seen worse than Walt. Now Kate, don't even get me started on her. I wouldn't be so bugged by her if wern't for the fact that they keep trying to push her as a lead.

the_lizardqueen

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:24 pm

Australia is still going with Lost, we are so far behind ( lol). We have two episodes to go. They just launched the raft. The good thing though is that we have 24 (season 4) on at the moment and Alias (season 4) just started also. So some good shows are on now.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:07 pm

[spoiler]Strangest opening sequence EVER.

I was actually asking my brother if we were on the right channel, since it seemed rather odd to be watching a dude going about his morning routine in a seemingly normal apartment after all the running and the yelling and the exploding and the kidnappings and island craziness in the finale. But then, HE's LIVING IN THE HATCH!?? And don't even get me started on the pre-island connections at the end.

My theory on the quarantine sign on the inside of the hatch; the island is the thing that's being quarantined. And as always, the numbers were popping up left and right (2:30 in the afternoon, the perscription bottle, etc.) Oo, and Hurley was in a psyche ward? I had been wondering how he knew Lenny (the mumbling number man)[/spoiler]
I am so going to have that song drilled into my brain for the rest of the week. Maaaaaake your own kind of musiiiic...

the_lizardqueen

Postby Gypsy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:15 am

I'm still hoping that they're not in some kind of purgetory, but it's really starting to look that way. I shouldn't have, but I laughed so hard when I heard the line: "That's ok, I can still roll around at my wedding." I will say this, though. Lost has me completely befuddled and bemused, and if it's going where I think it's going, I'm not going to be happy. -_-
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:59 am

Gypsy wrote:Lost has me completely befuddled and bemused, and if it's going where I think it's going, I'm not going to be happy. -_-

Do you think their headed towards the conclusion that it's purgatory? I'm not sure how I feel about that theory, it has been bugging me ever since people started volleying it around a year ago. I still don't totally buy it, though I have to agree, they are going on and on and on about fate.

For some reason I loved the Locke/Hurley exchange early on :lol:

Locke: And why wouldn't I open the hatch?

Hurley: Maybe because I was running towards you yelling "don't open the hatch!"

the_lizardqueen

Postby Locke » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:25 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote: SAYID AND LOCKE GOT EMMY NOMINATIONS!!! WHOHOO!!

I didnt get the memo T_T

Oh, and I plan on buying Season 1 on dvd. Heard the speacial features were to die for.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Gypsy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:38 pm

Poor Hurley ... no respect at all. And Locke insists on calling him Hugo. -_-

Hey, lizardqueen ...

Make your own kind of music!
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:58 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Do you think their headed towards the conclusion that it's purgatory?

Eather that, or the show will make a shocking twist like it always does. *guy living in the hatch*
SorasOathkeeper

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:45 pm

Locke wrote:I didnt get the memo T_T

Alas, Locke was robbed by Captain James T. Kirk *shakes fist at emmy people*
Locke wrote:Oh, and I plan on buying Season 1 on dvd. Heard the speacial features were to die for.

Yay I haves it! I bought the DVD the day it was released. I've been forcing my parents to watch it, but they're only up to Episode 9, Solitary, right now. The extras are pretty interesting and there's certainly alot of them, but I mostly just wanted to be able to rewatch my favorite episodes and scenes (i.e. Walkabout, 'pee on my foot!!' and the Sun and Jin bit in the finale *sniff*)

And yup, shocking twists are always fun, in a mind boggling way.
Gypsy wrote:Hey, lizardqueen ...

Make your own kind of music!

EEP! *covers ears and starts humming any song that springs to mind, trying to stave off the infernal catchiness-*

the_lizardqueen

Postby Gypsy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:04 am

Was anyone else bummed by the last episode? It seemed very ... stretched to me. When you think about it, the timeline wasn't advanced an inch. I did like the parallel shifting between the raft ... peices and what was happening on the island, but I found the backtracking within the "current" time (flashbacks not included) to be slightly annoying. Maybe it was the only way they could handle those series of events, but I hope it doesn't become a habit.

Oh, and I *knew* I could hear Kate yelling to Jack last week, but my Dad didn't believe me. *smiles in a smug fashion* Oh, and who got a kick out of the stuffed bear that Michael gave Walt? That, and there's nothing like a 16 year old candybar to hit the spot.

Anyway, the best things about this episode were: #1 - Sawyer asking for a bandaid, and #2 - the previews for next week.
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment