Obi wan versus Yoda

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Obi wan versus Yoda

Postby pyro_moogle » Wed May 25, 2005 7:08 pm

I personally think Obi wan is the greater jedi. Comments.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby Arnobius » Wed May 25, 2005 7:09 pm

pyro_moogle wrote:I personally think Obi wan is the greater jedi. Comments.

Yoda wasn't responsible for training a mass murderer :P
Arnobius

Postby pyro_moogle » Wed May 25, 2005 7:11 pm

But yoda didn't stop it.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby Arnobius » Wed May 25, 2005 7:14 pm

pyro_moogle wrote:But yoda didn't stop it.

Didn't approve either... Meanwhile Obi had all sorts of warnings that it was a real stupid idea...
Arnobius

Postby gungrave » Wed May 25, 2005 7:42 pm

umm IT"S NOT REAL!!!!! but I say Yoda
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby Debitt » Wed May 25, 2005 8:06 pm

I'm sorry Obi-wan. You're awesome, but my vote goes to the green one.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed May 25, 2005 8:25 pm

I love Obi-Wan but Yoda is the master.
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Wed May 25, 2005 8:33 pm

pyro_moogle wrote:But yoda didn't stop it.

AnimeHeretic wrote:Didn't approve either... Meanwhile Obi had all sorts of warnings that it was a real stupid idea...

That to me is enough to prove Yoda was the better Jedi. Yoda EXPLICITLY told Obi Wan, "Don't train Anakin. He's too emotionally unstable. He'll be tempted by the Dark Side."

Okay, not in those words. But that IS what Yoda said. Obi Wan, of course, forever being the hardhead said, "No, forget you you green freak, I'm still gonna train him no matter what you say!"

Okay, not in those words. But that IS what Obi Wan said. That's enough to prove Yoda's the better Jedi...or at least the smarter Jedi.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Stephen » Wed May 25, 2005 10:47 pm

I am going to be the voice of the few and say Obi Wan. Yoda was powerful, no doubt. But at what point would this fight happen? Both in there prime? Yoda from ROTS or ROTJ? Obiwan beat a Sith when he was a padwan. He also beat Anakin [SPOILER]and Grievous. [/SPOILER]I think somthing that was kinda never spoken of along the movies...was how powerful Obiwan was.
Stephen

Postby Ashley » Wed May 25, 2005 11:01 pm

Psh, hands down Obi-Wan. I can't stand that annoying green puppet, and I never could (even from the Empire and Jedi days). Obi-wan has better grammar to boot.
Ashley

Postby glitch1501 » Wed May 25, 2005 11:12 pm

i will say yoda, he is insane in the new movies and the clone wars series

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed May 25, 2005 11:24 pm

Ah, very cloudy, the future is. Impossible to tell, the winner would be. Very strong in the force, yoda is. Yes... Very strong, but defeated he was. Obi wan, very strong he was as well, but foolish he was. Stubborn and foolish. Strong, both of them are. Weak, both of them are. Very hard to tell, the outcome is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby pyro_moogle » Thu May 26, 2005 5:08 am

Yeah Ashley and Shatterheart. Shatterhearts right in the movies it never really show how powerful Obi Wan is. Read the books.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby termyt » Thu May 26, 2005 7:50 am

kaemmerite wrote:That to me is enough to prove Yoda was the better Jedi. Yoda EXPLICITLY told Obi Wan, "Don't train Anakin. He's too emotionally unstable. He'll be tempted by the Dark Side."

Okay, not in those words. But that IS what Yoda said. Obi Wan, of course, forever being the hardhead said, "No, forget you you green freak, I'm still gonna train him no matter what you say!"

Okay, not in those words. But that IS what Obi Wan said. That's enough to prove Yoda's the better Jedi...or at least the smarter Jedi.

That's not exactly right. That was more or less the conversation between Yoda and Qui-Gon, not Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan got Yoda's blessing to train Anakin after Qui-Gon's death.

Yoda trained Dooku, by the way. Dooku turned to the Dark Side and was largely responsible for starting the Clone War. He may have taken orders from Sidious, but it was his charisma and leadership that enabled the Separatist Movement to begin in the first place. So, that makes that point kind of a wash.

Obi-Wan was the greater Jedi. Yoda was more experienced - he'd been a Jedi for 700 years, after all - but Obi-Wan was much more capable and he demonstrated that time and time again, IMHO.
termyt

Postby SilverFang » Thu May 26, 2005 8:06 am

I am with obi-wan. Ashley, Shatterheart, and termyt explained everthing I wanted to say. but personaly I theank anakin is the better jedi. he did bring balance to force aftur all.
SilverFang

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu May 26, 2005 10:40 am

Obi-Wan is certainly a competent Jedi in his own right, but my vote is going to the backflipping, large object throwing, backward talking green one.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I am a HUGE Yoda fan, so I may be a wee bit biased..
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby blkmage » Thu May 26, 2005 12:53 pm

"Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones. Much to learn, you still have." says Yoda before owning Obi-Wan in about four seconds.
blkmage

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 26, 2005 4:37 pm

I think it is impossible to properly answer this question; we barely know a fraction of what Yoda accomplished, and we never saw him at his prime (considering he was only twenty-some years from death in Revenge of the Sith).

But that having been said, I think it depends upon what you mean by "greatest." In terms of accomplishments, I'm not sure who I would vote for. Both acted in ways that caused negative repercussions, both did a great deal of good. Both of them were critically involved in the training of Luke.

However, if our question is terms of power, I think Yoda is clearly the superior. The clearest example of this is the battle with Dooku. Not only did Yoda ultimately win, he was able to actually repell force lightning with his bare hands.
uc pseudonym

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Mon May 30, 2005 8:30 pm

sparten1056 wrote:he did bring balance to force aftur all.

That was only a prophecy that didn't come true. It could have, if Anakin had not submitted to the dark side.

For me, I guess I'm one of the only Yoda fans here. Remember, Yoda was the first one to stand up to Dooku without any injury inflicted. His knowledge of the force seems to be greater. I think in the end they are both equals though.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby meboeck » Mon May 30, 2005 8:56 pm

Yoda is by far the most awesome Jedi ever. The reason is Yoda was still an awesome fighter at almost 700 years old. He walks with a cane, but is probably the only Jedi who can combat force lightning with his bare hands.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 30, 2005 9:07 pm

Azier the Swordsman wrote:That was only a prophecy that didn't come true. It could have, if Anakin had not submitted to the dark side.

I think that's a pretty dubious issue (the propehcy in general). We don't have any particular reason to believe that the prophecy was particularly accurate (though perhaps that's an assumed), that Anakin was necessarily the person to fulfill that prophecy or that he didn't. My take has always been that bringing "balance" to the Force meant equaling the Jedi and Sith, not actually providing stability. I feel this is somewhat supported in episode III, because Yoda says, "A prophecy that misinterpreted could have been."
uc pseudonym

Postby Ingemar » Mon May 30, 2005 9:14 pm

I voted for Luke purely out of spite.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Link Antilles » Mon May 30, 2005 9:38 pm

I'm a EU (Expanded Universe) fan, so I am going to say... Luke Skywalker. I mean, the kid had to start a Jedi Academy from scratch. He's gotta' get some credit there.

Honorable mentions: Anakin Solo, Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, and Mara Jade
Link Antilles

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 30, 2005 9:47 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I think that's a pretty dubious issue (the propehcy in general). We don't have any particular reason to believe that the prophecy was particularly accurate (though perhaps that's an assumed), that Anakin was necessarily the person to fulfill that prophecy or that he didn't. My take has always been that bringing "balance" to the Force meant equaling the Jedi and Sith, not actually providing stability. I feel this is somewhat supported in episode III, because Yoda says, "A prophecy that misinterpreted could have been."

Well, technically Anakin *did* bring balance to the Force. At the end of "Sith", there were two Jedi and two Sith still alive ;)
Arnobius

Postby blkmage » Tue May 31, 2005 4:08 am

Lucas has said that Anakin brought balance to the Force by killing Palpatine at the end of ROTJ.
blkmage

Postby Arnobius » Tue May 31, 2005 4:56 am

blkmage wrote:Lucas has said that Anakin brought balance to the Force by killing Palpatine at the end of ROTJ.

Of course if he hadn't joined Palpatine in the first place... ;)
Arnobius

Postby Link Antilles » Tue May 31, 2005 7:08 am

[quote="AnimeHeretic"]Of course if he hadn't joined Palpatine in the first place... ]
.....Samuel L. Jackson would have brought balance to the force. ;)
Link Antilles

Postby Stephen » Tue May 31, 2005 8:37 am

Everytime I saw Samuel L. Jackson in Ep2 and Ep3...I really was half expecting him to bust out with an F-bomb.
Stephen

Postby Arnobius » Tue May 31, 2005 9:03 am

Shatterheart wrote:Everytime I saw Samuel L. Jackson in Ep2 and Ep3...I really was half expecting him to bust out with an F-bomb.

"Do you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese on Corsucant?"
Arnobius

Postby Sesshoumaru » Tue May 31, 2005 4:14 pm

Ashley wrote:Psh, hands down Obi-Wan. I can't stand that annoying green puppet, and I never could (even from the Empire and Jedi days). Obi-wan has better grammar to boot.

.....? how can you like Star Wars and NOT like Yoda?
Sesshoumaru

Next

Return to General Entertainment