X-Men 3 Casting News

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

X-Men 3 Casting News

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon May 23, 2005 6:14 pm

I couldn't resist posting about this since it rather much stunned me and I couldn't find any threads on it. Evidently, Kelsey Grammar (AKA Sideshow Bob, Frasier, etc.) has been cast as Beast in next year's X-Men flick. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about 'Frasier' playing one of my favorite X-men but he does seem to have the voice down pat, and the intellectualism-ness. I'm rather worried about his physical appearance though, but maybe they'll use CG or something..

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117923086?cs=1&s=h&p=0

They're also apparently considering Maggie Grace for the role of Shadowcat. Yay for Lost connections! :jump:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon May 23, 2005 6:26 pm

i think that alot depends on how beast is going to be depicted, are we gonna see the big blue monster that we've come to know and love, or the old school version that was much more human in appearance aside from enlarged hands and feet, if we do get to see big blue, the there are a bunch of other options for them, are they gonna go cgi with him all the way, or do a great make up job like with nightcrawler, personally, i think he has to voice for it, it does have a calm and intellectual tone to it, but as far as appearance goes, no way

side note: i dunno who else remembers this show, but there used to be a program about sinbad the sailor that was along the same lines as hercules and xena, the guy that played as sinbad's brother in the series had a huge beard and was a big guy too, he also did the voice for beast from the xmen cartoon that was aired on fox, i'd always figured that he'd make the perfect beast, he looked it and sounded like it, but oh well, ppl gonna do what ppl gonna do

'nuff said
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Stephen » Mon May 23, 2005 8:48 pm

They better have Gambit in this film...even if he does turn out to be a badguy.
Stephen

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon May 23, 2005 9:17 pm

i heard he was supposed to be in it, along with angel/archangel too
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon May 23, 2005 9:25 pm

I hope that the movie Beast is the blue and fuzzy version.

So far, things aren't looking too promising on the Gambit front. I haven't heard any mentions of him when it comes to casting speculation. They are definitely talking about Angel, which would indicate that they already have three new mutants, meaning they might not have room for Gambit. I am keeping my fingers crossed though.

I might be the only one, but I can kinda picture Lost's Josh Holloway as Gambit. But maybe that's just because Sawyer's somewhat similar to Remy, albeit Texan (ei, I really am trying to keep my fixation to the Lost thread).

Outta curiosity, does anyone else have any casting suggestions for Angel or Gambit? Or any of the new mutants?

Edit: Oo, I think I found the guy that Yeshua mentioned for Beast.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0125579/
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby starwarsboy90 » Mon May 23, 2005 9:34 pm

Yeah, Kelsea Grammer as Beast and hopefully someone good plays Gambit, one of m favorite characters, even if he is a badguy in the movie!
starwarsboy90

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon May 23, 2005 10:20 pm

yes, that's the same guy, no pic on the site though so you couldn't see the guy, but really he'd be a perfect beast
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Orange Kitten » Tue May 24, 2005 2:53 am

Shatterheart wrote:They better have Gambit in this film...even if he does turn out to be a badguy.

As cool as Gambit is, I doubt he'll be in it. In an interview about the first film, they talked about why Gambit wasn't in the first and wouldn't be in the second. They said he had the personality similar Wolverine, and the powers similar to Cyclops. So having him would be kinda redundant in terms of character variation. But they may throw a curve ball in X3.

Vinnie Jones will make a great Juggernaut, at least personality-wise. His language will be toned down from his other movies, but he'll still have some great lines probably.

Edit: According to a post here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/
the director has written Gambit out of the script entirely.
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby Stephen » Tue May 24, 2005 10:01 am

Edit: According to a post here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/
the director has written Gambit out of the script entirely.

Well thats wonderful. I am so glad we managed to get some of the crappy characters in the films but not Gambit. Makes total sence to me.
Stephen

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Tue May 24, 2005 5:40 pm

like a screen door on a submarine shatterheart
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Kkun » Tue May 24, 2005 5:46 pm

Bah. No Gambit AGAIN?

I think Kelsey Grammer, FRASIER CRANE, as Beast is going to be cool. Honestly, he's pretty good in a comedic role and if they don't make him look completely dumb and write him well, then I'll be happy.

Off-topic note: I could totally see Beast sitting in a radio booth talking to women about their ex-boyfriend problems.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Tue May 24, 2005 8:13 pm

Actually from that site that was linked to...everyone seemed to be talking about who was going to play Gambit...I could not find where he was cutout...
Stephen

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue May 24, 2005 11:51 pm

IMDB has the actor listing which is like 98% accurate and the forums which are like 2 percent accurate... SO, if you got info off the forums (guilty, on the SH thread) you'll likely be disappointed... The forums are, after, just people discussing and they're not even moderated...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby termyt » Wed May 25, 2005 7:30 am

I think Kelsey Grammer would make a fantastic Beast. He doesn't have the body for it, but everything else is a good match. And, quite frankly, considering modern technology, the body is the easiest thing to fix.

Related to the Gambit disappointment, one of my favorites has always been Jubilee. She made an appearance in the last movie as one of the students, but I'm very disappointed. It seems to me that for the movie they took Rogue, who was a cool character in her own right, stripped her of her powers and personality, and gave her the role that used to belong to Jubilee. (Yes, I know Rogue's only "natural" power is the ability to take other's powers, but I still liked her better before.)
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed May 25, 2005 10:32 am

Oo, I just had a thought, maybe they'll pull an Andy Serkis as Gollum type of thing with Beast!

Kkun wrote:Off-topic note: I could totally see Beast sitting in a radio booth talking to women about their ex-boyfriend problems.

....I am going to have such a hard time getting that mental image out of my mind :lol:

I definitely can relate to everyone who's bummed about the Gambit exclusion, but I kinda gave up hoping for him after X-2. I think that the alteration of Rogue's character is a major obstacle against him. I like movie Rogue, but she is extremely different from the comic, what with the younger age, teen angst and the Iceman romance. Although her character has been maturing, the whole Gambit/Rogue pairing would be kinda strange at this point..

And then there's the strange notion that Gambit is too similar to Wolverine and Cyclops. That one confuzzles me greatly. Personally, I'd be willing to sacrifice Angel and/or Kitty for a Gambit appearance. Actually, hasn't Kitty already been in the first two movies? I wonder why their recasting her so drastically..

the_lizardqueen

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri May 27, 2005 5:51 pm

I vote for our own Shatterheart-sama as Gambit.

: : walks off whistling : :

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Stephen » Fri May 27, 2005 7:35 pm

I'd do it for free if they asked me. I'd have to trim my hair a bit....that and learn a bit of Cajon speak....*laughs* That is the coolest thing someone has said to me all week.
Stephen

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri May 27, 2005 8:13 pm

Seriously though. You look a lot like Gambit. Just need a trenchcoat and a bo staff and you'd be about set.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 27, 2005 10:29 pm

We have a Gambit lookalike in our midst? Coolness! I think I may be switching my Josh Holloway vote...

the_lizardqueen

Postby Stephen » Sat May 28, 2005 4:23 am

ROFL. Write your local senator, tell em Steve=Gambit. Make the impossible dream come true.
Stephen

Postby Mave » Sat May 28, 2005 6:19 am

No Gambit.................(T__T) Dangit, come on. This ain't fair. *pouts*

Then again, I'd rather have no Gambit than a poorly cast Gambit.
Mave

Postby Kanerou » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:03 pm

Excuse me. :rant:

Never thought of Rogue's age, and I don't really mind it, but I agree she needs more powers, and her romance with Iceman's got me hopping mad. Shoulda left her with Gambit. And I don't care if he does have similarities to Cyclops and Wolverine; he's still awesome. (Not to shoot the messenger) Besides, didn't he also have exploding cards? That's different. .... *chuckles evilly* Wonder who Rogue would choose if they put him in there. Bobby's a bit too..... sensitive. One can be sensitive and be a man, but the latter he has not shown himself to be. While I'm on the rant... the whole "I'm a mutant" scene made me gag.

OK, I'm done. BTW, yes, this is all my opinion. I don't mean to attack anyone on here. I'm just inderictly telling off the bigwigs who made the movies. On a nicer note, it releases 5/26/06, I believe the poster said. Yay!
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby Souba » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:10 pm

No Gambit, stinks, but as much as I wish him to be in the movie I fear they will ruin his character too. As for the R&R, which I admit I am a rabid R&R(Rogue & Remy) fan it would seem out of place only because Mr Singer has been pushing the whole Rogue and Bobby thing *gag* :sniffle: It's all soo sad...
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:43 pm

*shakes fist at the Rogue/Bobby pairing*

As much as I'd love to see Gambit in the films, I am kinda apprehensive about who they would cast. I think I'd be hoping for a complete unknown or Josh Holloway, who I'll admit I am totally biased towards (Sawyer!!!!). It's just the pits that JH is in his late thirties, even though I tend to crush on the more mature guys, most people are kinda leery about pairing him with Anna Paquin. *sighs* Oh well, a girl can dream...

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22741576/

http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=39&pos=6

http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=70&pos=926

the_lizardqueen

Postby rocklobster » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:27 pm

They oughta put Apocalypse in it. Special effects budget would probably go through the roof, but it'd be worth it.
rocklobster

Postby Kanerou » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:10 pm

Apocalypse... isn't he somehow connected with Archangel? Seems like AA had a huge grudge against him.
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:58 pm

[spoiler]Archangel used to just have the blue skin, blond hair, and the regular wings. Apocalypse took him and changed him to be one of the 4 horsemen. He became good again after Rogue sucked the evil out of him.[/spoiler].

Personally, I'd like to see Psylocke.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Stephen » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:57 pm

She is dead in the comics though. Same dude who tried to whack Rogue and Gambit. (they were too freaken cool to kill though)
Stephen

Postby Kanerou » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:05 am

I remember that now, Ayato. Thanks for reminding me. Love your sig, by the way. Memorable conversation.

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Kanerou

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:01 am

What? They killed Rogue and Gambit? How could they?
rocklobster

Next

Return to General Entertainment