Episode III "Seen It" Thread ***SPOILERS***

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby blkmage » Mon May 23, 2005 7:40 am

Script
There's a lot of confusion about the whole Qui Gon thing. The script above has everything that was filmed in the movie, including everything that was cut out.

So, what happens is that on the asteroid, we see Yoda meditating and Bail Organa entering to tell him Obi Wan just arrived. Just before that, there should have been a scene where he was meditating and actually talking to Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon is a voiceover. Qui-Gon mentions that he didn't have enough time to learn it, so he doesn't have a ghost, but has still maintained conciousness. In the end, Yoda becomes Qui-Gon's apprentice. So Yoda learns it from Qui-Gon and teaches Obi-Wan to learn it from Qui-Gon on Tatooine.

He says that with his training, it is possible to merge with the Force at will. You won't have a physical self, but you'll maintain conciousness. He also mentions something about Whills. In order to do so, you can't have any attachments, no thought of self, no greed. Only compassion. This power is greater than any Sith.
blkmage

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 23, 2005 7:45 am

blkmage wrote:Script
There's a lot of confusion about the whole Qui Gon thing. The script above has everything that was filmed in the movie, including everything that was cut out.

So, what happens is that on the asteroid, we see Yoda meditating and Bail Organa entering to tell him Obi Wan just arrived. Just before that, there should have been a scene where he was meditating and actually talking to Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon is a voiceover. Qui-Gon mentions that he didn't have enough time to learn it, so he doesn't have a ghost, but has still maintained conciousness. In the end, Yoda becomes Qui-Gon's apprentice. So Yoda learns it from Qui-Gon and teaches Obi-Wan to learn it from Qui-Gon on Tatooine.

He says that with his training, it is possible to merge with the Force at will. You won't have a physical self, but you'll maintain conciousness. He also mentions something about Whills. In order to do so, you can't have any attachments, no thought of self, no greed. Only compassion. This power is greater than any Sith.

Soooo... Qui Gon knows more than the one who for 700 years, trained jedi he had? That sounds plausible... :eh:
Arnobius

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 23, 2005 8:36 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:Soooo... Qui Gon knows more than the one who for 700 years, trained jedi he had? That sounds plausible... :eh:

It actually could, depending upon your philosophy of learning. In some worlds, wisdom is relative to "real age" not number of years alive. A being that lives for 100 years is wiser at 95 than a being at 200 that will live to be 1000. I'm not suggesting Lucas meant that, but it's food for thought. Furthermore, I'm sure that Qui Gon being a part of the Force had something to do with it. Also, it was stated that he was a bit unorthodox in his methods; perhaps some of those things were actually a purer path.
uc pseudonym

Postby mastersquirrel » Mon May 23, 2005 9:02 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:Soooo... Qui Gon knows more than the one who for 700 years, trained jedi he had? That sounds plausible...

This is one part of the movie that I was really disappointed in. The whole section explaining this is realized by Yoda in his head in the book.

It explains that Yoda realizes that the reason he lost to the Emperor was that all this time, he and the other Jedi had been training to fight the last war while the Sith had been training to be able to take whatever the Jedi could throw at them. The Jedi hadn't been training to fight Sith because they believed that there were no other Sith left. Qui Gon was the only one of them that understood that the Jedi had to change and that's why he defyed the council so much (thus, his unorthodoxy). Everyone else, on the other hand, followed the council blindly.

Yoda realizes that if they are to defeat the Emperor, they must learn to fight the Sith of now, not the Sith of old. When he's meditating he hears the force in the voice it's been speaking to him with for a while. Qui Gon's voice. That's when he realizes that he adn Obi Wanmust learn from Qui Gon and continue their training as his apprentices.

I highly reccomend the Episode III book to everyone who wants to get a deeper look at what goes on in everyone's heads in the story. It's a very well written book.
mastersquirrel

Postby Stephen » Mon May 23, 2005 10:42 am

http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=9716

Yehaw. I'd say the film is doing pretty well in the box office..
Stephen

Postby Link Antilles » Mon May 23, 2005 11:43 am

Shatterheart wrote:http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=9716

Yehaw. I'd say the film is doing pretty well in the box office..

Nice! Here's to hoping it'll top Titanic for "All-Time Worldwide Boxoffice" sales! Hey, I can be hopeful, right?

For those who are curious, here's the total all-time Worldwide Boxoffice records..

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross?region=world-wide
Link Antilles

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon May 23, 2005 12:59 pm

I have a question about the books. Were they written by George Lucas or an author who wrote them for him?
Kawaiikneko

George Lucas finally gets it right

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 23, 2005 1:31 pm

Finally saw it and think it was better than Jedi.

I really think Lucas had paid attention to the complaints of the previous films, as this one had much better cinematography, better actiing and a better story than episodes 1 and 2 (I still think they sucked bad). Very moving overall and was worth the money and time.

My complaints:
  1. Seemed slow on parts that CG effects were main focus (like Obi Wan on giant iguana)
  2. Noooooo!-- Would have been better if Emperor told Darth that Obi Wan killed Padme
  3. Both R2 and 3P0 should have been mindwiped
  4. THEY DIDN'T KILL JAR-JAR!!!! I was waiting since 1999 for them to grease that freak!
  5. Qui-Gon's immortality. Stupid to say Qui Gon made it up. Would have done better to cut scene altogether
  6. Padme dead in childbirth-- I would have had her give birth to the kids, have them all separated and *THEN* have Darth look for her and kill her for not saying where the kids were
  7. Anakin caved in too easily to Palpatine when Mace Windu died-- it was actually pretty good until then...

Still, it was very well made, and made me forget about most of the annoyances and inconsistancies. He paid attention to camera angles and dramatic shots like he did in the first trilogy, and the light saber fights were excellent

Overall, I may actually get the DVD (which I didn't for 1 and 2)-- worth watching.

Of course I'm still mad at Lucas for the garbage he made for 1 and 2...
Arnobius

Postby gungrave » Mon May 23, 2005 1:49 pm

The ONLY thing I didn't like about this movie was the part when he got his legs and arm cut off.... (honestly I wanted obi-1 to get his head chopped off or something)"...I have the high ground...""You underestimate my power." I was hoping he would jump and like kick obi back and continue the fight..........bummerness.
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon May 23, 2005 1:50 pm

but all the little kids would have cried if Jar-Jar died!!
everyone: *blanks stares*
... well they would.....
everyone: *still staring*
>.> It would have been fun to watch though....

btw if they had cut that scene, Star Wars purists would complain that the older movie's ideas of the Force weren't correct with the older movie's ones. If they had put in what someone on this thread said was in the book, I think it would have made more sense though.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 23, 2005 1:53 pm

That reminds me of one other thing I didn't like. In the originals, it was said that usig the force to attack was from the dark side, and we saw Vader using the force to nail luke with flying objects and my impression was this was a dark side use. However, in this one, we saw Yoda and Obi Wan doing this pretty indescriminately...
Arnobius

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 23, 2005 1:56 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:but all the little kids would have cried if Jar-Jar died!!
everyone: *blanks stares*
... well they would.....
everyone: *still staring*
>.> It would have been fun to watch though....

btw if they had cut that scene, Star Wars purists would complain that the older movie's ideas of the Force weren't correct with the older movie's ones. If they had put in what someone on this thread said was in the book, I think it would have made more sense though.

Back when episode 1 came out, the theory of the time was that Qui Gon was kind of not pure enough to fade away, and that's why he didn't disappear. Would have been better to have cut it, I'd say.

And I would have stood up and cheered if Jar Jar died

Besides, I can't imagine the kids not being upset with Anakin on the operating table burnt and legless and writhing in pain...
Arnobius

Postby Scribs » Mon May 23, 2005 2:35 pm

Yeah, I have always held that Jar Jar should have died by choking on a piece of jerky in the middle of episode one...

Much pain prevented that would have....
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 23, 2005 2:41 pm

piloswine wrote:Yeah, I have always held that Jar Jar should have died by choking on a piece of jerky in the middle of episode one...

Much pain prevented that would have....

This would have been a happy ending:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arnobius

Postby Pent » Mon May 23, 2005 3:13 pm

R2 and C3po where mind wiped Animeheretic. Of course this movie had its flaws, but I must say it was very moving. So, so sad. The whole final fight between Anikan and Obi-wan was a great climax. I would like to watch this movie all the way through with the deleted senes in it. It's doing great at the box office. All 6 starwars movies will be in the top 30 world wide box office (at least it sure does look like that).
Pent

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 23, 2005 3:17 pm

Pent wrote:R2 and C3po where mind wiped Animeheretic. Of course this movie had its flaws, but I must say it was very moving. So, so sad. The whole final fight between Anikan and Obi-wan was a great climax. I would like to watch this movie all the way through with the deleted senes in it. It's doing great at the box office. All 6 starwars movies will be in the top 30 world wide box office (at least it sure does look like that).

Just 3P0, not R2, according to the dialogue. Maybe they were trying to do a tie in with New Hope where R2 claimed to be the property of Obi Wan. Still, you'd think R2 would have quickly figured out who Luke was and some other things.
Arnobius

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon May 23, 2005 3:33 pm

But All I
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Pent » Mon May 23, 2005 4:13 pm

*laughs slowly*

I saw those "power point transitions"

I am just now rememering them. I didn't complain about them during the movie, but now that you mention them I must say they are laughable. They literly are "power point transitions"

I'm sorry Animeheretic I though you didn't think either of the droids minds where wiped. You are probably right about it just being c3pos.
Pent

Postby blkmage » Mon May 23, 2005 5:10 pm

There was a theory at the time of Episode I that Obi-Wan recognized R2 when he says "come here my little friend" back in ANH. Since R2's memory wasn't erased, it's a lot more likely that they do remember each other. This would also explain why C3PO seems so lost all the time in the originals when R2 goes off to save the day.

Of course, that means R2 knows what's going on. He saw everything. He was there when Anakin and Padme got married. He was there when Anakin choked Padme. He was there when the twins were born. He was there when Obi-Wan and Anakin started fighting.

Maybe R2 is the Sith Lord we're looking for?
blkmage

Postby Jeikobu » Mon May 23, 2005 5:15 pm

blkmage wrote:Script

Very interesting, but how on earth did Anakin learn it?
Link Antilles wrote:Nice! Here's to hoping it'll top Titanic for "All-Time Worldwide Boxoffice" sales! Hey, I can be hopeful, right?

Man I hope so. I'm so sick of that highly overrated movie sitting on top. As long as Spirited Away remains tops in Japan's box office, Episode III is more than welcome to the worldwide record.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 23, 2005 7:40 pm

blkmage wrote:There was a theory at the time of Episode I that Obi-Wan recognized R2 when he says "come here my little friend" back in ANH. Since R2's memory wasn't erased, it's a lot more likely that they do remember each other. This would also explain why C3PO seems so lost all the time in the originals when R2 goes off to save the day.

Of course, that means R2 knows what's going on. He saw everything. He was there when Anakin and Padme got married. He was there when Anakin choked Padme. He was there when the twins were born. He was there when Obi-Wan and Anakin started fighting.

Maybe R2 is the Sith Lord we're looking for?

I think the "come here my little friend" line has to be taken in context. He didn't recognize Obi Wan, he saw a stranger with Luke, and he was trying to reassure the timid droid that it was safe to come out...

BTW, R2 was practically a robot ninja in this one. Should have used some of the tricks in eps 4-6 :lol:
Arnobius

Postby Ashley » Mon May 23, 2005 8:02 pm

Personally, I like the idea of R2 know it all. It'd be very ironic that a little utility droid that no one really cares about much knows EVERYTHING. And Threepio is just too snippity and arrogant to ask him about it.
Ashley

Postby chibi_chan » Mon May 23, 2005 8:11 pm

We saw it on opening day and it was awsome! ^O^ I wanna see it again

p.s Somehow, I magically became a fan of Ewan Mcgreggar (sp?) after seeing this XD;
happy go luck monkey!
ImageImage

akai tsuki wo nagameteta kara nakitai hodo boku no fuan wa
itsumo kioku no katasumi ni kasabuta mitai ni nokoru yo
itai kurai kirei datta kedo hikari no naka no boku no kage wo
ano takai kanransha de dareka ga waratta ki ga shita

hitsuji no kigurumi wo kita mama yaseta otoko no ko ga odokete
haku iki wo shiroku sasete inoru youni te wo awaseta
ano ko to sora no aida ni wa toumei na nanika ga aru kara
kitto negai wa todokanai sukoshi samuku naru yuuenchi

nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridashita yo

maboroshi no BERU ga nari keshiki ga kasumi daseba
nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridasu yo

yasashiku gin'iro no ame ga machi no subete ni furisosogu
michi no haji de sagashiteita boku wo yatto mitsuketa
isu no ue ni hana no ue ni ashi ga nai roba no senaka ni
komakai ame ga furisosogu boku no ue ni mo _____.
song: Hontou no Uso by PLastic Tree lyrics:anime lyrics
chibi_chan

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 23, 2005 8:22 pm

Ashley wrote:Personally, I like the idea of R2 know it all. It'd be very ironic that a little utility droid that no one really cares about much knows EVERYTHING. And Threepio is just too snippity and arrogant to ask him about it.

R2 and 3P0 are basically a comedy duo like Gilligan and the Skipper. That was one bit of chemistry that was lacking in this one

Still, I doubt if R2 knew everything: he wouldn't have been bent out of shape about Yoda in Empire...

Lucas didn't do too well with continuity, but he did Sith well enough that I was mostly willing to forget about it...
Arnobius

Postby Orange Kitten » Tue May 24, 2005 3:36 am

Can't complain TOO much about all the wipes in this one. SW is well known for its use of wipes in every movie. However, they threw in way more in Sith, and added a few variations. Instead of having circle wipes, and diagonal wipes, they threw in some diamond wipes, venician blinds, and others that were way too distracting.

And yeah, if R2 knew everything, he wouldn't have been scared of Obi-Won in New Hope, and wouldn't have been fighting with Yoda in Empire.

And I don't know if the line was mentioned before when Padme said "Don't worry, C-3PO will protect me." too bad it was pretty quiet in the theater when I burst out laughing at that line. It's pretty funny. Might as well be saying "don't worry, Richard Simmons will protect me." lol
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue May 24, 2005 6:03 am

[quote="J
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Felix » Tue May 24, 2005 8:03 am

Well said. lol....and I know it was meant to be a pretty dark and serious movie but a couple of those parts made me burst out laughing. :lol: Good to have comic relief at times ^-^
Felix

Postby Arnobius » Tue May 24, 2005 8:45 am

Volt wrote:the dark side of the force? Well apparently all you have to do is have a sinister look in your eye, and kill a few kids. Thus you have aquired the power of the Dark Side.

Yeah the fact that Anakin was there in Jedi is a good enough argument to say that the scene should have been cut in Sith-- it's stupid and it marred the redemption message of Jedi
Arnobius

Postby Ashley » Tue May 24, 2005 9:02 am

On the contrary, I think it shows just had brutal he became; how any good in him utterly died--like Ben says, Vader kills Anakin. The deeper the fall, the sweeter the redeemption? And plus I thought the scene with Anakin leading a bunch of storm troopers to the gates was awesome to see.
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 24, 2005 11:51 am

Regarding Anakin: I personally hold my theory as before. He never learned that skill, or at least not the part that would allow him to speak with others. We see him only because his redemption at the end caused him to become one with the Force (though... do Sith do the same?).

Volt wrote:Am I the only one on Earth that can see past the Shiney Special Effects, Trademark Light-Saber fights, and complex space ship battles. And see Star Wars for what it really is?

Yes. You are also the only person who can see those giant aliens that those other idiots can't understand are taking over the world. Forgive me, I just feel that criticism is far too easy a path to tread.

Volt wrote:-horrible directing - Ok... since when was it proffesional to use power-point presentation like slide transitions to swith between scenes?

I quite agree with you on this point. These have struck me as ridiculous every time I've seen them.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment