Good or Bad?

Talk about anything in here.

Good or Bad?

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:50 pm

I'm interested in these particular anime, but I'm concerned about content. Can someone explain exactly what these titles contain in terms of nudity/sex?

Ranma 1/2

Excel Saga

Excel Saga episode 26

Outlaw Star

I'll add more if I think of any more.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby MillyFan » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:57 am

Erm. . .I know the last two are *really* bad.

The TV edit of Outlaw Star wasn't so bad-the DVD version is a disgusting fanservice fest from what I've heard. Among other things, Melfina pilots the ship with nothing on (when in the edit, she wears a bathing suit) and there's an entire episode devoted to fanservice. I'd pass it up. . .especially since there's really nothing *new* or *special* about it: it's just a glorified ripoff of Cowboy Bebop IMHO.

As for Excel Saga 26. . .o.O That is really, really bad from what I've heard. Borderline hentai stuff. I'll mention this post to someone who knows firsthand on all of this, bobtheduck.

Please wait for his post. :)

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:03 am

Chris4150 wrote:I'm interested in these particular anime, but I'm concerned about content. Can someone explain exactly what these titles contain in terms of nudity/sex?

Ranma 1/2

Excel Saga

Excel Saga episode 26

Outlaw Star

I'll add more if I think of any more.

Excel 26... yeah... Stay away from that one... (mods can delete this if even the spoiler warning's not enough) [spoiler="The List "]lesbian encounter, child nudity, pedophilia, numerous phallic images, and probably some other things I forgot[/spoiler] that's not counting the violence which was much more over the top as well... And the episode with the ropponmatsu, stay away from that one too... In fact, if you just watch until 17 you'll be fine (except, I think the ropponmatsu episode may be 16) and especially if you've been a SM fan (I mean, the original) you need to watch Excel 17 subbed... You're gonna laugh your bum off! And everything else detachable by laughing... But, 26 is just nasty and a couple other eps are pretty bad (the beforementioned ropponmatsu episode, the guitar episode (meaning a guy who doesn't wear much who plays guitar) Most of excel doesn't have any nudity (though episode 3 (or was it 5) has excel getting naked to... well you dont' see anything she covers herself up) but a few of the jokes, mostly reffering to Hyatt are pretty bad... sexual sight gags are common in excel, including the opening sequence... The last episode has a lot worse things than nudity... Trust me... I mean, it's pretty graphic and taboo stuff... Even taboo for Japan.

As for ranma, yeah the nudity is pretty prominent... So, if you have a problem with that, ranma wouldn't be a good show to get into... Also, it's very episodic... That means unlike, say, kare kano where the story progresses from beginning to end, it's more like an American TV sitcom... Things in the last episode don't have much to do with the next episode... That, and it's like 7 seasons long and I'm not even sure it all got released here yet... Well, it probably has, but it's way too expensive to do for a show that doesn't need you to follow the story.

I have no clue about outlaw star... I never bothered watching it, and the short clips I saw were from toonami, so I know it was heavily edited... I know that what's her name is naked in the scene she is introduced... I knew that from animerica and again from the Anime Music Video "Right Now someone is reading this title" that's a great AMV...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:28 am

Thanks for the info! I cannot figure out why on Earth I posted this in general instead of anime... I must have been tired when I made this post.
Azier the Swordsman

Return to General