Any One Being Affected by The Fires in Cail?

Talk about anything in here.

Any One Being Affected by The Fires in Cail?

Postby Benu » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:40 pm

I wanna know if anyone is being affected by the fires in Cail? There getting pretty bad! For the last few days the sky has been covered in smoke and it's been humid, stuffy, and hot! But it seems like there getting worse and worse everyday! There not that far from where I live but there not that close too where we might have to evacuate. There has been ash falling everywhere and the sun looks red and the moon it looks kinda freaky and all. But it been looking like it's overcast but it just all the smoke all over the sky. Are those of you in cail getting the same stuff like I am?
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby aznmagic2015 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:04 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation with the fires.

I am up in San Francisco so the fires don't affect me. But that would suck if you had to evacuate.
aznmagic2015

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:43 am

Yeah... I'm not near enough to be evacuated, but the fire is pretty scary... And the smoke really makes things bad for me as I tend to walk everywhere... The sky looks really bad...

If fire hit our appartments, it may destroy my mom... I mean, it may put her in a mental institution because she's in such a fragile state that she broke down and cried for hours over losing some of her "precious moments" figurines when we moved... She would probably lose it all together or worse if fire hit our appartment...

Thankfully no one has been hurt yet, but I'm pretty sure one of my friends is fighting it right now (she's a firefighter in the desert and works on big fires like this) which is pretty scary...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby MillyFan » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:54 am

I'm not near any of the current fires (I live 20 miles east of San Diego) but I've been kind of nervous the last few days. Less than a mile from our mobilehome park, there's a hillside and canyon that has a LOT of dry brush on it. :(

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:09 pm

Eep! I'm gonna call my parents, they're in that area.
Mithrandir

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:59 pm

Whoa. Yeah, my parents have just finished taking their pictures (for insurance purposes) and are waiting for the official word to vamoose. They probably won't be sleeping much tonight. Yikes!

So Pete, what part of SD did you end up in?
Mithrandir

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:28 pm

Whoa. That's a little out of the way. Keep cool, yo!
Mithrandir

Postby Benu » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:16 pm

Well sorry to hear that St. Peter. But It's that close to you already? Gee that's bad. Anyway my mom told me not too long ago that the fires over here by where I live are getting worse now!! Well everyone that's reading can we keep everyone in Cail by the fires in prayer that nothing happens to us and that these fires die down soon. It's looks like there getting bad!
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Shinja » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:34 am

im not trying to make light of all thats going on but "the fires of Cail" just sounds cool.

ill pray for yall
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

I'm so stupid, man...

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:21 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Yeah... I'm not near enough to be evacuated, but the fire is pretty scary... And the smoke really makes things bad for me as I tend to walk everywhere... The sky looks really bad...

If fire hit our appartments, it may destroy my mom... I mean, it may put her in a mental institution because she's in such a fragile state that she broke down and cried for hours over losing some of her "precious moments" figurines when we moved... She would probably lose it all together or worse if fire hit our appartment...

Thankfully no one has been hurt yet, but I'm pretty sure one of my friends is fighting it right now (she's a firefighter in the desert and works on big fires like this) which is pretty scary...

Ok... Since I hadn't been watching the TV, I didn't realize the "no one was hurt yet" message was only about 1 of the 9 fires... It seems there have been like 14 people at least killed and a whole lot of people hurt, I think I heard 500 houses (it was last night I heard these so it's probably more now...) were destroyed and this is all in 9 separate fires that just happened to start all at the same time in different places... I can't even imagine that... 500 families without homes, there was a father that lost all of his kids because they were in his car and it caught fire and they were trapped... I saw the footage and he doubled over screaming... I don't know about all of them, but most of these fires at least started by arson... I'm thankfull the fires aren't anywhere nearby, but like I said I had at least one friend who's FIGHTING them... Also, I don't know if one of the fires could make it's way accross the hills and over to here... this thing is really scary now... (also, for St. Peter who was evacuated, and maybe other people on this forum...)

I just feel like a total jerk from all the things I've said from ignorance the last week or so...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby The Silence » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:10 pm

my grandmother(who lives in the fireish area) said that when she went outside in her garden she could hardly breathe...
"Accoustic Guitar, I'm gonna make you a star,
Get your picture all over the world.
Accoustic Guitar, you can have your own car,
Just bring me back my girl..."

--Magnetic Fields

The Silence

Postby EireWolf » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:37 pm

Oldphil's parents are still waiting for word to leave, last we heard... Their neighbors 2 blocks away were evacuated. We're praying that the break in weather will give the firefighters a chance to get the fires under control.
EireWolf

Postby The Silence » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:42 pm

My best friend's school was within one street of where they were evacuating....

--Magnetic Fields

The Silence

Postby EireWolf » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:59 pm

Did she and her family have to leave their homes? :(
EireWolf

Postby The Silence » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:07 pm

she didn't have to leave her home, but her mother took her away from school....

--Magnetic Fields

The Silence

Postby kaze » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:11 pm

:( I am praying for everyone who is affected by the fires...i hope they find the person(or people) who are responsible for setting them. It's very scary - the news is big even in Japan. I live in Orange County, so the fires haven't reached here yet, but i heard on the news that there might be some rain coming later in the week, :jump: so hopefully the fires will die out soon.
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Return to General