New Wallace and Gromit movie!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

New Wallace and Gromit movie!

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:32 am

There's a new Wallace and Gromit movie coming in October! Whoo hoo! I've been hearing the rumor for years, but it actually exists.
You have heard of them? Haven't you? Its quite popular here in Australia and Japan loves it also. Hopefully it's better than Chicken Run. That was good, but I've always preffered Wallace and Gromit.
Speaking of stop animation, have you guys see this little tv spot called Creature Comforts? Its by the same studio, and its a really strange and funny look at animals in the zoo. Americans may have trouble understanding the British accents. But give it a go. (Click the button: "watch film" to uh.. watch - goes for about 5 mins). Enjoy!

Creature Comforts:
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_221

Offical Wallce and Gromit movie site:
http://www.wandg.com/
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:40 am

A big fan, here. My favorite is "The Wrong Trousers", followed by "A Close Shave". Didn't much care for "A Grand Day Out", although it had its moments.

I hope the new film lives up to the quality of innovation and story telling of the older ones.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:22 pm

lol. I used to watch W&G alot. Best claymation stuff out there. I figure I'll rent this when it hits DVD, but I definitely won't pay money to see it in theaters.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby R. Zion » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:40 pm

I may actually go see it since I found out that Peter Sallis (Norman Clegg on Brittain's 'Last of the Summer Wine'- a fav show of mine) plays Wallace.
R. Zion

Postby Crossdive » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:08 pm

omg, I haven't seen something show/movie related to Wallace and Gromit in AAAAAGES! The most recent thing I have seen regarding that is the Project Zoo video game (quite fun actually. :P) I think I'll have to see this when it comes out. If nothing else, maybe just for a good laugh since I haven't watched something for this since the Wrong Trousers hit VHS. lol.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby oro! » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:58 pm

I remember watching those movies. They are so funny! I jsut think that most Americans havent' caught on to a lot of British shows. They so miss out!
I think the "Wrong Trousers" is my favorite as well.
Beware the evil penguins!
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:36 pm

I'm divided between "Wrong Trousers" and "A Close Shave" as my favourite Wallace and Gromit short. Wrong Trousers has the better cinematic value...but Close Shave is more fun. I'll have to see them again and choose. (Grand Day out was okay).

I watched Chicken Run last week again and, despite some flaws, its still a pretty darn good movie. I only hope Wallace and Gromit lives up to Aardman's previous work.
bigsleepj

Postby shooraijin » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:54 pm

I prefer The Wrong Trousers myself; it was more coherent and original. A Close Shave was technically better, and it was still enjoyable, but WT had the better story.

Grand Day Out was merely okay, I agree, but then it was their first W&G effort and the characters hadn't really been fleshed out yet.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:23 am

I had enjoyed these as well, though I thought there were no more to be made. All in all, I think my favorite would also be "The Wrong Trousers" though all of them had their good moments.
uc pseudonym

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:49 pm

I'm very looking forward to this! :grin:
Shao Feng-Li

Postby That Dude » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:07 pm

That's awesome...I can't remember if I've seen the wrong trousers but I loved A Close Shave.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby The Shadow » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:15 pm

i love the one where they blast off in the rocket and the cards pyramid
falls down that was pretty funny - bout the only thing i remembe
but they good as - they quite big in newzealand ;)
....................you may laugh at my age but we'll see everytyhing at judgment ................
((((((((((((but the candle burns alone, it guides us saftely home.-ZAO)))))))))))))

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but i will leave my mark in this world<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------:angel: X FROM THE SHADOW X :angel:------------------------------
The Shadow

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:25 pm

The new movie was excellent! Very well done, very homely and British, very Wallace and Gromity but on a larger scale. Highly recommended for those who 'get' British humour.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Maledicte » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:47 pm

This. Movie. Is. Awesome.

I honestly have never laughed so much during a single movie. Actually, I'd better stop now or else I'll just keep going on about how good this movie is.

Go see it. I'm already counting the days until it comes out on DVD.
Maledicte

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:26 am

The rabbit especially! To say anymore would spoil it.
I laughed heaps in this movie - not chuckles but like full on laughs. Its that good! I also have never laughed so much through a movie. Not Space Balls, not Napolean Dynamite - nothing. This movie takes the cheese!
(Curiously it was PG in Aus)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:15 am

I say go see it in theaters... it is worth the money and I died laughing. I really don't think I've seen a movie that made me laugh this hard in ages.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Heart of Sword » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:56 am

It looks ridiculous, but I'll probably end up watching it anyway because it's supposed to be ridiculous...right?
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:40 pm

To a certain degree, yes.

Interesting. With such rave reviews I may actually pursue this movie while in theaters, given the opportunity.
uc pseudonym

Postby soul alive » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:36 pm

XD. I think I'll try to go to this movie sometime this weekend or next. I love Wallace and Gromit, and am really looking forward to them finally being in a full length film.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Fireproof » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:51 pm

I'm a long-time Wallace and Grommit fan, but haven't made it to this movie yet. I will soon though.
:rock:
Fireproof

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:07 am

[quote="The Shadow"]i love the one where they blast off in the rocket and the cards pyramid
falls down that was pretty funny - bout the only thing i remembe
but they good as - they quite big in newzealand ]

That one would be called, A grand day out!

Fox showed it years back after PBS had showed "The Wrong Trousers".

Oddly, A grand day out was the first Wallace and Gromit movie film, but due to the time and how long it took. They started to work on the flim "The Wrong Trousers" They finish The Wrong Trousers frist, and then finish A grand day out after. But really, the first flim in the line of order would be Grand Day out and then The wrong trousers and then a Close shave.

If you look at the flim, A grand day out, you will see that Wallace and Gromot look a little funny in this one then in the Wrong Trousers. It took 10 years to finish "A grand day out".

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:41 pm

10 years for A Grand Day Out! I don't believe that's right. I remember reading that all three shorts together took them 10 years.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:56 pm

Grand Day out was almost 10 years. Not quite but almost. It began as Park's project for film school and was eventually finished with the help of Aardman.
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:03 pm

Ah, yes. I remember now. You're right. Nick Park was basically the only one working on it for most of it. But some more people from Aaradam Animations helped him do the other two quicker.
The movie out now took about 4 and a half years to do.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:59 pm

Apparently, with "Wererabbit" they managed about 3 seconds of usuable footage per day. Woah....
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:24 am

Yes, its a long time. Patience would have to be one of their virtues!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to General Entertainment