Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Gypsy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:07 am

Locke wrote:I dont know why, but i think Sun will end up with Walters Father.... they seem so nice together!

I sure hope not. Sun is married to Jin, after all. I'm hoping that Michael and Sun's attraction towards one another will somehow bring Jin and Sun closer, although I suspect things will get worse before before they get better. After all, what's a good show without a soap operaish prelude to an affair? :eyeroll:
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Locke » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:29 pm

:wow!: A new episode!

Claires past is so troublesome...

As for the SunXMicheal thing, at first i thougth something like a polar bear attack on Jin =P

Gosh im so negative :waah!:
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:47 am

Watched the first episode of Lost on Channel 7 (Australia) tonight. Although its pretty early on to make any judgement, the series looks to be a winner on my list, along with Alias, 24 and The Pretender. I also noticed two actors from 24 and two from Alias. I'm definetly going to catch the rest of the series. Can't wait to find out what's attacking people and making the ground move. Don't tell me either. I love suspense. Hurrah for intelligent tv series!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:40 am

Hey Warrior for Jesus, I'm a fan of 24 and Alias also. ^____^

Anyways, I would be so upset if they split up Jin and Sun. >.< I want to see, as Gypsy stated in "soap operish fashion," Jin and Sun grow closer after much turmoil, but certainly no affairs. That would be such a bummer, but something I fear they will write into the show, since it is what is in these days. -__-)\

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:20 pm

Warrior for Jesus, outta curiousity, who is the second actor from Alias? I already know that Terry O'Quinn was the big bossman in Season 1/2 Alias, but I can't think of the other actor...

It's funny, I've taken to trying to spot actors from Lost on other tv shows/movies (besides Dom in LoTR). So far, I think I've spotted Boone on Smallville, Charlie on an older british mystery show with a little old lady and very, very briefly, I spotted Jin in Spiderman 2 as one of Doc Ock's lab assistants (started screaming and pointing about that one).

Sooo..less than a week to the new episode! :grin:

Edit: Whoopsies, just remembered, it was the pilot/Agent Weiss wasn't it? 'fraid he kinda slipped my mind since he wasn't around that long (hope that wasn't a spoiler..)
the_lizardqueen

Postby Gypsy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:41 pm

So ... who do you think is going to die tonight? I bet it's going to be Jin. They can't let Michael get off the island - that would split the show too much, so he has to stay. Besides Walt, I bet the only other person that could keep him on the island is Sun, especially if Jin buys the farm.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:06 pm

I think all the teasers with Jin lying on the ground looking dead is just that, "a teaser." I'm thinking they'll knock off someone more insignificant like... the hypochondriac guy.

Although, you're probably right Gypsy. T_T I didn't want Jin to die! T_T

Hey, my husband had another idea of what's going on:
[SPOILER] He thinks that we'll find out they're all really dead. Which I think would be such a bummer. -__-[/SPOILER]

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:14 pm

I think it would so stink if it turns out that one of them is just dreaming on the plain, I WOULD SO BE OUT FOR BLOOD IF THAT HAPPNED!!! XO
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:10 pm

the lizard queen, the guy who plays Jin was a police officer in Alias. He wasn't a main character but more like a regular extra.

Australia is showing episode 4 of Lost tonight. I can't wait!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Gypsy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:15 pm

true_noir_chloe wrote:I think all the teasers with Jin lying on the ground looking dead is just that, "a teaser." I'm thinking they'll knock off someone more insignificant like... the hypochondriac guy.

Although, you're probably right Gypsy. T_T I didn't want Jin to die! T_T

Hey, my husband had another idea of what's going on:
[SPOILER] He thinks that we'll find out they're all really dead. Which I think would be such a bummer. -__-[/SPOILER]

Perhaps, but the producers did say that one of the main characters is not going to live to see the next season. Someone's got to go, and I think it will be either Jin or Boone.

As far as your husband's theory, I highly doubt it, but nothing is outside of the realm of possibility. I think it's safe to assume that this show is meant to twist and twist it shall, right to the end. If it has a normal ending, I'll be very shocked.

I still think the island is moving, and there's a submarine base or something under them.
Gypsy

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:31 pm

Dear goodness, I seriously hope that Jin isn't the one to go! After tonight's episode, I'm definitely feeling way more sympathetic towards the poor (albeit very misguided) guy. Normally, I don't much care about tv couples, but I've become a Sun and Jin fan. I hope they stay together, even though things aren't looking terribly promising.

I kinda hope Sayid's the one to go, but I think that's just because I'm still not quite comprehending him and Shannon.

Also, did anyone happen to notice Hurley on the TV in the flashbacks? During Jin's initial visit to the factory manager, when the camera pans to the daughter in the living room, you can clearly see Hurley getting into a car, with Korean subtitles. Funny thing is, the people at one of the major Lost boards have already gone to the trouble of translating the subtitles. It's a spoiler for next week's episode though..
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:50 pm

Yeah i noticed him too, thats finny!^ ^ i hope SHannon is the next one to go, i don't like her *glairs evily* but next week is the one you guys have been waiting for, a Hurly episode! ^ ^
SorasOathkeeper

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:51 pm

Yeah, I saw Hurley in the background and I'm like, "LOOK, look you guys! Hey, that's Hurley!" and everyone else in my house totally missed it. :eyeroll:

Hey Lizardqueen, I don't mind a spoiler if you want to share what you found out about Hurley. XDD Just pm it to me, kay? ;) *hehe*

Gypsy wrote:
I still think the island is moving, and there's a submarine base or something under them.

Yes, you're probably right. That's a great idea.

Anyway, I hope they get rid of Michael (my nominee for worst dad of the year and overall jerk). He went a little overboard on Jin during last night's episode and the guy has way too many issues with anger. I will be so upset if the writers of the show stick Michael with Sun. :eyeroll:

Didn't you all think it was so sweet when in Jin's back story his reason for marrying Sun was "she was his dream?" Ahhh, I thought that was really sweet. And his dad (the fisherman) seemed like such a nice guy.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:59 pm

Oo, I nearly forgot. I loved that bit at the end with Hurley's CD player. It was a nice musical montage and all, but I couldn't help going 'oh come on, his batteries SO should have died by now-' and about 5 seconds later guess what happens? :lol:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Gypsy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:56 am

true_noir_chloe wrote:Didn't you all think it was so sweet when in Jin's back story his reason for marrying Sun was "she was his dream?" Ahhh, I thought that was really sweet. And his dad (the fisherman) seemed like such a nice guy.

Yeah, I thought Jin had just stepped in it bigtime when he was asked why he'd give up his dream so readily - that was the nicest scripted save I've ever seen. ^^

I have no idea what happened during the last five minutes of the show. I it taped, and the mute button got pushed ... Not to mention during some of the subtitled parts of the show, our local station decided to do an overlay of basketball tournament scores, completely covering the words ...
Gypsy

Postby true_noir_chloe » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:34 pm

Hey Gypsy, read what Lizard_queen wrote just above you and that is what happened during the last five minutes of the show - Hurley's CD player's batteries went dead.

Did you see what happened between Jin and Sun at the end? Was it the subtitles during their conversation that you missed?

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:09 pm

Gypsy, did you manage to catch the bit between Micheal and Jin at the end? Just in case you didn't, Jin shows up at the boat with several bamboo poles in tow and basically offers to help Micheal rebuild the boat. Well actually, all he actually says is 'boat' (his first word in english!), but the two seem to call a truce. I think it's nice to see Jin reaching out, hopefully he'll be less isolated in the future. And Sun, well she finally gets to wear her bikini in public without her husband freaking out.

the_lizardqueen

Postby Sesshoumaru » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:41 pm

Anyone else notcie this?? the big fat guy hasn't lost an ounce of weight??
Sesshoumaru

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:09 pm

Got this off of lost-tv's transcript for the episode 'Confidence Man', this would be the scene where Chalie's trying to find peanut butter for Claire:

Hurley: Fat guy hoarding the food, is that what you think?

Charlie: No. It's just we've been here for two weeks and you've not really. . .

Hurley: Slimmed down much?

Charlie: All I need is a bag of peanuts.

Hurley: I have no food, alright? And for the record, I'm down a notch in my belt. I'm a big guy, it's going to be a while before you're going to want to give me a piggy back ride, okay?

Charlie: Sorry. Sorry, that was bad form.

They've only been gone a month and weight loss does take time.

the_lizardqueen

Postby Ashley » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:24 pm

Wow, not a single comment on this week's ep. I'm very suprised. I'm so glad Hurley was like himself back home. BTW, his line to Charlie over the campfire scene was great.

Eh, I personally:
[spoiler]Don't believe in the cursed numbers. I think we were all trained to think it was curse, instead of coincidence. Like the verbal game, "say silk 5 times fast--now quick what do cows drink?" (the answer is water, not milk). I think it was all coincidence we were conditioned to read as curse[/spoiler]

And was anyone else creeped out
[spoiler]By Locke building Kate a cradle? Hello! Dream sequence![/spoiler]
Ashley

Postby Namelessknight » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:17 pm

This show rocks!!! I've just been reading all your posts. Cool stuff...
POSSIBLE SPOILERS-READ AT YOUR OWN RISK...

[spoiler]As for the latest show, about Hurley. Man, that ep just got me all bugged out! Those numbers, poor Hurley. I really like his character, and finding out that he is worth over 150mil, and he is still stuck on the island and the money can't help. Made me realize how futile money truly is :)

As for all you Locke naysayers...

Has anyone made the connection about his name yet? John Locke-philosopher a couple hundred years ago? Locke seems to know what is going on. He has faced the 'monster', and called it the eye of the island and that it was beautiful. He is guiding everyone else on their own roads of self discovery, and is basically keeping them all alive\safe. I know he can look creepy, but he has done nothing but good so far, and the fact that he was miraculously healed, leads me to believe that he has been chosen as a guardian angel archetype. [/spoiler]

I've been reading other discussions about Lost and some people think they are all dead and in purgatory of some sort. Which explains all the supernatural stuff. however, if that was the case, it would only be a one season show, and that would just suck....

So there's my opinion. Obviously it will change as we get more info. This whole business about the numbers is really freaking me out. shivers running up my spine, whoohooo....
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby Ashley » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:20 pm

For future ref, NamelessKnight, you can spoilerize your post by using the tags without the asterisk:
[spoiler] blah blah stuff here [/spoiler*]
Ashley

Postby Lehn » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:58 am

[spoiler] I don't know if I heard this right, but when Hurly’s lawyer was listing off all the things that he now owned, didn’t he list among them a box company…? Right before the guy fell past the window. … and if I remember right, I'm pretty sure Locke worked at a box company :grin: ooooh… connections [/spoiler]
Lehn

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:44 am

I really, really liked the way that they handled Hurley's backstory. Now that I look at it, I can't see any other way that they could've done it and stayed to true to the character. Face it, there are a large number Lost characters with uber melodramatic pasts, and it was refreshing to find out that Hurley was basically a very average dude who was thrust into completely crazy circumstances against his will. In a way, I saw some parallels between Hurley and Locke's backstories because of thier average pre-island lives . And shame on Charlie for being such a bad listener!! Sooo, onto my spoilerific random musings on the last episode:

[spoiler]Hurley owns a box company!!! Glad I'm not the only one to notice that, I started giggling and squealing as soon as the lawyer mentioned that. The pre-island connections plot thickens..

And Ashley, I too was seriously freaked by the Locke in the jungle at night with Claire constructing a crib bit. I mean, he was quite sweet and well intentioned seeming about it, but the sinister dream sequence kept coming back to me. Maybe me memory is faulty, but was Claire dressed the same as in the dream? Yup, I have a very bad feeling about all that.

Also, was anyone else wondering why Hurley would know a fellow in a psych ward? There's been some speculation elsewhere on the net that perhaps Hurley was once a resident at the ward.

Even though I'm finding the Micheal and Jin raft building partnership to be endlessly amusing, I can't help feeling like the raft is a very bad idea overall. I'm worried that whoever leaves on the raft will not be returning. The island is in the middle of nowhere, how do they expect to find help? In my opinion, they'll just get lost at sea and die of dehydration. But maybe Walt's 'special powers' will save them :eyeroll:

And finally, I've been noticing a sorta symbolic hint dropping trend going on here. So far, we've had early backstory hints in Kate's handcuffs, Locke's wheelchair, Sayid's photo and Hurley's owing Walt several hundred thousand dollars (there's prolly more hints I've missed..). I'm definitely on the lookout for any ones pertaining to the future eppys.[/spoiler]

Phew, please excuse the essay of sorts. Good episode though, the flashbacks are definitely ranking up there with Locke (best backstory ever), Sun and Jin's on my list ^_^

the_lizardqueen

Postby Namelessknight » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:03 pm

thanks Ashley, appreciated :)

Lehn wrote:[spoiler] I don't know if I heard this right, but when Hurly’s lawyer was listing off all the things that he now owned, didn’t he list among them a box company…? Right before the guy fell past the window. … and if I remember right, I'm pretty sure Locke worked at a box company :grin: ooooh… connections [/spoiler]

Whoo, MORE connections. I never even thot of that. This just rocks!!! :rock: :rock:
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby Rysing_Furi » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:43 pm

Lost is awesome, its only just started here in aussie (the programmers hate me is why i think ;) but i look forward to every weeks episode! I liked that ep with locke "don't tell me what I can and can't do" thats cool as lol.
Don't fret because of evil men, or envy those who sin, for like the grass they'll wither soon, like plants they'll die away, for they soon will die away. Trust in God do good and dwell in safety in the land, delight yourself in God alone, and He will give to you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust Him and He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn and the justice of your cause shine like the noon day sun. Sons of Korah - Psalm 37
Rysing_Furi

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:51 pm

Hey Rysing_Furi, I love Lost to, and I hear we only get Season 4 of 24 and Alias in July! Too long to wait! Sometimes it sucks being an Aussie, eh?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Rysing_Furi » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:52 pm

Yeah it does sometimes. But like I said, the programmers hate us, so its not surprising. Ch9 are a bunch of old farts who take pleasure in repeats, and Ch7 never get their act straight. You just can't win!!!!! And having 24 and Alias in july? Thats not so bad, its better than not being shown at all! Think of that!!! Maybe if I stop calling them old farts they'll be a bit nicer maybe? Whadaya reckon? LOL
Don't fret because of evil men, or envy those who sin, for like the grass they'll wither soon, like plants they'll die away, for they soon will die away. Trust in God do good and dwell in safety in the land, delight yourself in God alone, and He will give to you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust Him and He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn and the justice of your cause shine like the noon day sun. Sons of Korah - Psalm 37
Rysing_Furi

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:37 pm

ok, some episodes comming up are:

Deux Ex Machina - A Locke-centric episode.

Do No Harm - A Jack-centric episode.

The Greater Good (a.k.a. Sides) - A Sayid-centric episode.

Born to Run - A Kate-centric episode.

I wana see Claire have her baby!!!
SorasOathkeeper

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:10 pm

Glad to see there's a Locke eppy coming up, though I'll probably spend the entire time comparing it to Walkabout which isn't really fair (by the way, feel free to tell me if I'm getting annoying with my giddy adoration of that episode). In other news, I found this freaky link on a Lost board:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_station

The number stations actually do exist. Freaky :o

the_lizardqueen

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment