Constantine

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:55 pm

*In slow motion* Both: Giiiive meeee aaaaa huuuuuug!
Joshua Christopher

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:05 pm

You all wait and see. I'll write awsome screenplays and scripts. A crappy movie will never again exist. I'll creat something so terrifing you'll never sleep again, but with no blood and gore ect., ect.. I will totally create something ORIGINAL.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:29 pm

isn't that wh
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Arnobius » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:34 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:You all wait and see. I'll write awsome screenplays and scripts. A crappy movie will never again exist. I'll creat something so terrifing you'll never sleep again, but with no blood and gore ect., ect.. I will totally create something ORIGINAL.

On the other hand, what would samurai films be without blood and gore...
<hugs samurai DVD collection...>
Arnobius

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:24 pm

I'm talking about horror movies. XP
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Arnobius » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:37 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I'm talking about horror movies. XP

OK, never mind then...

Ringu was good there. No blood or gore and kind of spooky...
Arnobius

Postby kryptech » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:52 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I'm talking about horror movies. XP

Go for it Shao! The imagination, when expertly manipulated, can produce objects of horror far freakier than anything the big screen can show us. Who needs something as mundane as blood and gore when one's imagination can contrive, with proper hinting, something far more bizzare and hidious.

After watching Shao's latest movie, Chris lies under his covers, pondering the psychological nightmare he just witnessed. Suddenly his eye catches a shape there in the corner of his room! Creepers - did that shadow just *look* at me!? :wow!:
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:01 pm

You just wait. I'll amke a name for myself. *In the future we see Shao living in a cardboard box under a bridge, typing out stories scrpits and screen plays on a typewriter. "Crap! Out of paper! A Ha! Expert shoplifter!"* Yeah...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Stephen » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:11 pm

A horror movie without blood and gore? Man thats like buying a Corvette without an engine. ;) But, if you do indeed make a horror film I will watch it just so you can say at least one person did.
Stephen

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:01 pm

^_^v You know, I like vampires. They can be really cool. I don't like the one's that look like zombies. There would have to be blood, but not people getting ripped apart, gore, whatever.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Arnobius » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:48 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:^_^v You know, I like vampires. They can be really cool. I don't like the one's that look like zombies. There would have to be blood, but not people getting ripped apart, gore, whatever.

Kind of like "Versus" which was probably the only movie I ever saw that I said "That's too violent"
Arnobius

Postby Joshua Christopher » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:14 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Kind of like "Versus" which was probably the only movie I ever saw that I said "That's too violent"

Versus was nothing compared to Battle Royale. Versus, to me, just seemd like it wanted the gore to be comical. But, hey, I loved the film.

I'll never get an explanation for how "he" put that sowrd together.

But the sniper-scene was gold...

Constantine should end every sentence with "...With a vengeance."
Joshua Christopher

Postby Arnobius » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:34 pm

Impact Alberto wrote:Versus was nothing compared to Battle Royale. Versus, to me, just seemd like it wanted the gore to be comical. But, hey, I loved the film.

I have Battle Royale, but the violence is not as bad in that one as it was in Versus with the gaping wounds and internal organs falling out. Just a cheap low budget zombie flick...
Arnobius

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:24 pm

Never saw either of those movies.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Joshua Christopher » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:17 pm

I saw Constantine Friday night. I'll write a review later. But I must say, the movie was pretty good. The theology wasn't, but the end had a good message.
Joshua Christopher

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:44 pm

Sorry to gravedig, but I just finished watching Constantine about 15 minutes ago. I...was very disappointed :\ There was too much BS in it for me to really enjoy the movie. I mean, work of fiction blah blah blah, but still, it makes out things I believe in to be something they're not. -_-
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mave » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:36 pm

It's my turn to gravedig. <.< >.>;; I just watched this movie yesterday so pls pardon this post.

Overall, it was slightly disturbing and mostly confusing. The graphics were cool and the portrayal of hell freaked me out, which is good (hell and demons are not heartwarming things after all). I was mostly confused with Gabriel's role and John's bizarre way of going to hell and back.

My boyfriend and I pretty much summed up this movie as a fantasy/horror movie, which borrows some Christian themes and twist them to fit the plot. "Fascinatingly twisted," yeah, that's how I would best describe it. I guess it's a movie I would never recommend to new Christians or seekers. From a more positive and optimistic point of view, watching such movies can force you to be more spiritually-alert and motivate you to affirm your beliefs and theological knowledge. If the movie leaves you with feelings of doubt and questions, in a way, that can be a good thing if you choose to follow up with the Holy Bible and discussions with other mature Christians.

Btw, I have no beef with Keanu Reeves; if the characters he play are not intended to have much expression in the first place, I'd reckon he's doing a great job then.
Mave

Previous

Return to General Entertainment